IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth pre-season friendly match-day thread

Jerseybean

4 minutes ago, SBB said:

I think regardless of the result now, it will feel like a win a good performance for the starting 11.

Yeah fair point. I'm just a believer in wins and results bring the confidence.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

As an example, if Williams gets crocked after 15 minutes next week then somebody else needs to be ready. Also if Williams gets crocked in the last 15 of this one and is out for 12 weeks we are all moaning about why did he need to be kept on to win a "meaningless" friendly at Bournemouth. It's that simple in pre=season.........a very useful kickabout nothing else.

This is fair too.  Last thing we'd want is any needless injuries.

Otoh if we hold on to win or even draw despite the changes, that would do something for confidence and depth!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Just now, Supersonic Robin said:

Anyone know how close to full strength Bournemouth's team is? (or at least was for the first 60 mins or so)

That team they've picked is a strong Championship side that would get obliterated in the Premier League most weeks AND they are a week behind us in preparation in effect. However as a final game for us to get the sharpness needed for next week I think we couldn't have picked a much better fixture tbh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

As an example, if Williams gets crocked after 15 minutes next week then somebody else needs to be ready. Also if Williams gets crocked in the last 15 of this one and is out for 12 weeks we are all moaning about why did he need to be kept on to win a "meaningless" friendly at Bournemouth. It's that simple in pre=season.........a very useful kickabout nothing else.

??????
As I said earlier….pre-season is about being ready for Hull, not Bournemouth, isn’t it?

Results / performances are completely immaterial, but it’s a 5/6 “process”.  I’d say it’s gone pretty near perfect.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

On point, textbook. Rest it until you need it now.

Needs more minutes to be properly match fit.

Historically, that would be achieved very quickly.:shocking:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Anyone know how close to full strength Bournemouth's team is? (or at least was for the first 60 mins or so)

They’ve picked a team that will be part of pretty much every 18 man squad.  No fringe at all.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Keith Welch said:

Massengo been one of the best players on the pitch 2nd half. Drawing lots of fouls.

Not a bad replacement to bring on tbh! Worried a bit about the subs but "Yes Williams- you come off, got to make sure you're tip top for the new season- Massengo ex Monaco etc, ON!"

Lots of energy, promise, room for growth- decent bench option to have.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Just now, Keith Welch said:

Massengo been one of the best players on the pitch 2nd half. Drawing lots of fouls.

Have been a bit concerned pre-season he seems to be 2nd choice and not being given so much of a chance, maybe the contract situation, but not the way to persuade him to sign a new one 

Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

Have been a bit concerned pre-season he seems to be 2nd choice and not being given so much of a chance, maybe the contract situation, but not the way to persuade him to sign a new one 

Only two CMs in Nige’s system, got to keep putting pressure on James and Williams…squad game.  When he gets a chance he needs to take it.  I think he will.

• Like 1