IGNORED

Conway signs a 3 year deal

Unan

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Good news. I like Tommy, he`s got a bit of an edge to him and doesn`t let himself get bullied on the pitch.

Me too.

Pleased for him & can see him being a regular in the 18 this season.

• Like 1

Agree it's a good signing, but possibly a reminder that we can't expect too many established players (at this level) coming in.

He could well be a beneficiary of the 5 sub rule, and rather than going out on loan, be someone who develops with 20 or 30 minutes with us this season, before challenging for a starting role.

Good move.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedRoss said:

Really like his attitude, seems very humbled he's got to where he is today and proud to play for us. Hope he smashes it!

Speaks incredibly well both for a footballer and someone that age (apologies for being patronising on all counts!), certainly seems to have something about him and is not the worst summariser/co-commentator either. Expect him to go far if his talent on the pitch matches how he comes across in the media stuff, exciting times!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

Pin on The Cult

No idea why you’ve put a piccy up of one of my fave bands up, but thanks.

Re Tommy’s contract, fantastic news.  Remember those two goals on debut for Bath, near identical…first time I’d seen anything of him.  Like @Lanterne Rougei agree he has a bit of edge.  Hopefully the 5 subs will get him more game time thus season.

11 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Bakinsons wages used to offer Tommy a 3 yr deal ? Or just a coincidence that this was announced soon after the formers departure ?

Looking forward to seeing more of Tommy in the first team this season.

Is it more about how having the right attitude is rewarded? 

The youngsters coming through will see how Conways hard work and dedication is rewarded compared to Bakinsons apparent issues with buckling down.

• Like 4

I like the boys coming through the academy, they all have something about them, if they make it at championship level is neither here nor there for me, the fact many of them are making it at l1, l2 level is amazing and should help with the reputation of the academy moving forward :) 

I remember for a long long time the academy was producing maybe one or two players that could cut it, and then they would fall away down the leagues, Jennison Myrie-Williams was one that always looked like he was there or there abouts but seemed to just fall away down the leagues quite quickly.  And then there were the "Ryan Harley's" of the academy that didn't seem to be given enough time to develop before they were offloaded.   

I rather like our academy :)

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No idea why you’ve put a piccy up of one of my fave bands up, but thanks.

Re Tommy’s contract, fantastic news.  Remember those two goals on debut for Bath, near identical…first time I’d seen anything of him.  Like @Lanterne Rougei agree he has a bit of edge.  Hopefully the 5 subs will get him more game time thus season.

Tommy looks like young Billy to me.

• Like 1