IGNORED

doc martin

redsquirrel

if anyone is interested, they are filming the new series at port isaac at the moment and you can sometimes see the cast acting or partying on the slipway via the john bray holidays webcam. been watching penhale and louisa  with al and morwenna tonight. the film crew set up on the beach in the mornings.its all quite interesting but is a roving webcam so you do have to wait while it is viewing at sea.

John Bray Estate Agents - Port Isaac Webcams

11 hours ago, Super said:

Love Port Isaac. Amazing little place.

I had the worst holiday of my life there. My wife and I were staying in the Port Gaverne hotel just outside town with a couple of friends and the owner and staff were consistently rude and brusque. Later they managed to give our friends food poisoning and rather than being sympathetic, insisted they be turfed out of their rooms at 9am, while I drove to Port Isaac to try to source some Imodium, not helped by the locals who were as offish as the hotel staff were.

This was in the late 90s, so maybe the hotel has changed hands since. Or hopefully been demolished. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I had the worst holiday of my life there. My wife and I were staying in the Port Gaverne hotel just outside town with a couple of friends and the owner and staff were consistently rude and brusque. Later they managed to give our friends food poisoning and rather than being sympathetic, insisted they be turfed out of their rooms at 9am, while I drove to Port Isaac to try to source some Imodium, not helped by the locals who were as offish as the hotel staff were.

This was in the late 90s, so maybe the hotel has changed hands since. Or hopefully been demolished. 

A possible TV series? ? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I've never stayed there tbh just been there for a few day trips.

On 22/07/2022 at 16:03, Lanterne Rouge said:

It is but try getting any work done in the place this time of year! I pretty much refuse to visit unless the customer can do before 7am!

See also Looe, Polperro, Fowey, Polruan, Padstow and many others.

I've altered that for you?

Those last 2 are secret and no one should know about them?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

I've altered that for you?

Those last 2 are secret and no one should know about them?

The Rame generally is a bit of a hidden gem, there`s some lovely places down there but most folk just get off the ferry at Torpoint and head for the tourist traps like Looe. If they turned left instead of right they`d enjoy it so much more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The Rame generally is a bit of a hidden gem, there`s some lovely places down there but most folk just get off the ferry at Torpoint and head for the tourist traps like Looe. If they turned left instead of right they`d enjoy it so much more.

Spent my childhood holidays in various chalets across the cliffs at Whitsand Bay, my parents were offered one in the late 70's for £150, that's on the market now for £500k?

Also difficult to understand that part of Kingsand and Cawsand used to be in Devon, they don't like being reminded of that?

Picture No. 03

• Like 2

1 hour ago, northsomersetred said:

Spent my childhood holidays in various chalets across the cliffs at Whitsand Bay, my parents were offered one in the late 70's for £150, that's on the market now for £500k?

Also difficult to understand that part of Kingsand and Cawsand used to be in Devon, they don't like being reminded of that?

Picture No. 03

A lot of them were built `unofficially` on common land when Plymouth was bombed and people just needed somewhere to live and claimed ownership of the land after a few years. There are some `original` ones still left in places like Freathy and Downderry that look like they were built with pallets and corrugated iron! Most have been upgraded now and are holiday homes/lets - there are still a few year-round residents though if you know where to look.

• Like 1