Jump to content
IGNORED

Louis Britton has his say ....


headhunter
 Share

Recommended Posts

He does not actually deny he was not fit, just that he got injured and that set him back, then was not really given a chance to regain full fitness within the first team squad.

But I suspect its was a bit more "behind the scenes" then just that. I know he said he got his own trainer to help him, (but that's what Tomlin said!)... Its a bit like me getting gym membership (which I have!), it does not stop me indulging too much in beer and chips and weighting in at over 100kgs! I am not saying that is what LB has done... but the proof would have been in the data/numbers and I doubt he would have been let go if his data showed he was an athlete and had a matching lifestyle.

NP stated he was happy with his play / ability. it just has to be sustained over 90 minutes at the highest level. That was where the doubts were.

He seems a nice lad and hopefully will score plenty and prove the doubters wrong...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Would have offered that back up for Martin that most seem to be calling for.

On what basis?

He didn't really set the world alight on his loan spells at Torquay, Stockport and Woking yet somehow seemed to hold this "saviour" tag that he was going save us from all our troubles.

  • Like 5
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

It doesnt read very well, but if his best option was the irish league at this point, then presumably we were right to doubt whether he could play consistently in the championship 

The level of his current employer would seem to tell the story. Having Said that I hope he makes a good career for himself.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do people have to question whether he got a PT as it’s true. Reality was he failed the new bleep test when they all reported back due to reasons he said. He then put the work in and passed it some weeks later so was at required standard.   The lad scored a goal on his debut and surely that alone should have offered him a sniff after regaining fitness. 
 

His loans didn’t help him but he certainly scores goals but what level is yet to be determined. Good luck Louis and keep going. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, headhunter said:

Seems a bit harsh - is there something we should know?

Thinks he is better than he is reading that. Just my opinion. Hardly a loss for us.

That said hope he scores goals in Irish League. Maybe that's his level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No doubt he could score goals, and at a higher level than he is at the moment. That of course would depend on the team he's in.
Also, it's not just about scoring goals unless you are a Lineker. 
When I saw him, and I admit that is not loads. He looked a threat, but didn't always add to team play. Direct comparison with Conway and I'd say I was always impressed by Conway's all round game and usually impressed with Britton's goal threat.

If he makes a name in Ireland, he may well get a League move and then we can see. It's difficult to judge, even if he does well , because of the standard of the League. I hope he does well, but it feels like he needs to set that League alight for a quick move.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope he does well but he’s not playing in the Irish league by accident. Could still kick on and make a good career in England, but the gas, Cheltenham, swindon and FGR aren’t far away, and none of them deemed him worthy of a punt

Edited by luke_bristol
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

On what basis?

He didn't really set the world alight on his loan spells at Torquay, Stockport and Woking yet somehow seemed to hold this "saviour" tag that he was going save us from all our troubles.

No one said that. It was asked why he couldn't come on for the last 20 minutes of games as a replacement to Martin so we weren't flogging him for 90 minutes every game. The one time LB did come on, he scored and made two centre backs fall flat on their arses and then we never saw him again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, grifty said:

No one said that. It was asked why he couldn't come on for the last 20 minutes of games as a replacement to Martin so we weren't flogging him for 90 minutes every game. The one time LB did come on, he scored and made two centre backs fall flat on their arses and then we never saw him again.

I suppose the obvious question is what has the kid done since?

Edited by Numero Uno
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was only a matter of time before something like this came out from him - kind of emphasises his personality and how he wouldn't be a fit in our current set up under Pearson.

Can tell he really believes in the hype that initially surrounded him, get your head down and prove the club wrong would be my advice. No need for talk

  • Like 5
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting how the Post runs stories like this about players we let go but never does so over the river, eh?

Interesting too that it fails to mention how he struggled at Woking & then ended up on loan in the Irish Second Division..

Still, some like to stir, don’t they?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

To be honest I think the lad would be better keeping his powder dry until he actually achieves something notable in football that gives him the right to shout his mouth off.

Hear, hear, I won't even bother reading it. Now when somebody posts "Premier League star speaks on comeback from early Bristol City rejection" colour me interested!

Edited by Sleepy1968
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tbh I'd be pretty pissed off getting publicly hung out to dry, when you're doing the things asked of you anyway 

Even more so if you have an affinity for the thing your doing and the place you work. 

It's like a, smack to the face, unexpected and leaves a bitter taste. 

Hopefully he will pick himself up, have a career and not get bitter about it, channeling that hurt to be better. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Bristol Live "exclusive"

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/louis-britton-bristol-city-criticism-7364951

Harshly treated by Nige? Would have offered that back up for Martin that most seem to be calling for.

Very different player to Chris Martin

1 hour ago, brady bunch said:

He does not actually deny he was not fit, just that he got injured and that set him back, then was not really given a chance to regain full fitness within the first team squad.

But I suspect its was a bit more "behind the scenes" then just that. I know he said he got his own trainer to help him, (but that's what Tomlin said!)... Its a bit like me getting gym membership (which I have!), it does not stop me indulging too much in beer and chips and weighting in at over 100kgs! I am not saying that is what LB has done... but the proof would have been in the data/numbers and I doubt he would have been let go if his data showed he was an athlete and had a matching lifestyle.

NP stated he was happy with his play / ability. it just has to be sustained over 90 minutes at the highest level. That was where the doubts were.

He seems a nice lad and hopefully will score plenty and prove the doubters wrong...

Yes, he worked with Ian Eisentrager (son on Alec), who is / was a boxing trainer and former Army PE instructor.  I played with Ian at Odd Down, fit as a fiddle and very demanding.  I’ve seen pictures of Louis being trained by him.

1 hour ago, cityfan1958 said:

The level of his current employer would seem to tell the story. Having Said that I hope he makes a good career for himself.

Seem to….but that’s not the whole story.  Realising you’re going to be key go in the summer with a window shut, what do you do?  In fairness he’s got himself over to Ireland, where they run a summer season calendar so that he can get competitive games.  Initially on trial with Derry to get himself known over there, then to Waterford on trial.  With his contract ending with City, he’s decided that he’s better playing competitive football (now with Cork) until the summer season ends (in October).  He’s putting himself in the shop window.  He’s 3rd top scorer in the league.

image.png.1b5df6b75484c3b94d767c7657776475.png

West Brom sent their CB Kevin Joshua on loan there too.  Phoenix Patterson is a baller, I recommended him to Harry to pass on (ex-Watford and Spurs kid).

Kevin Joshua has been loaned from West Brom.  EFL clubs are scouting the Irish leagues heavily.  7 players have signed for EFL Lg1 clubs this window.  

When his contract runs out in October he will be free to move and not reliant on waiting for the Jan window.  It’s a gamble by Louis, but not without rationale.

 

49 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Why do people have to question whether he got a PT as it’s true. Reality was he failed the new bleep test when they all reported back due to reasons he said. He then put the work in and passed it some weeks later so was at required standard.   The lad scored a goal on his debut and surely that alone should have offered him a sniff after regaining fitness. 
 

His loans didn’t help him but he certainly scores goals but what level is yet to be determined. Good luck Louis and keep going. 

Correct.

39 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I suppose the obvious question is what has the kid done since?

As above, gone out and gotten himself some competitive football and continued scoring goals.

22 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Palmer-Holden is probably one of the reasons that he was released. He has a higher ceiling in my opinion.

Yep, I have no issue with City releasing him.  He’s behind Conway and Bell, who are both younger…and as Gary Owers said you have to watch the person below you…in this case Seb P-H.  The club don’t make many mistakes and if they judge all of these others potential greater it’s the right choice.

I’m just not writing off Louis Britton have a pro career in the EFL.  At 21 and the type of player he is he has time.

I’ve watched a fair few clips of George Hirst this summer and he’s not dissimilar to Louis in the way he plays, a bit untidy round the edges, but arms and elbows, and it’s taken him to 23 in the second half of last season to click.  He’s had a few crap loans, probably based on his name and not been up to much.  I hope Louis shows patience to try to get through the next 12-18 months, because the chance is still there.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Bristol Live "exclusive"

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/louis-britton-bristol-city-criticism-7364951

Harshly treated by Nige? Would have offered that back up for Martin that most seem to be calling for.

Until you hear Nige's reasoning for releasing him (which you won't) how do you know he was harshly treated, or is this an early season dig at NP.

Most people on your pod. Other reasoned people see that we have six strikers  (Wells, Conway, Bell, Martin, Weimann, Semenyo) with different abilities and players that can adapt to different roles. We don't need a Martin clone (Not that Britton is that type of player in any case)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Super said:

Thinks he is better than he is reading that. Just my opinion. Hardly a loss for us.

That said hope he scores goals in Irish League. Maybe that's his level.

 

Think that's reading too much into it. any young striker should have loads of self-belief and drive, and Louis has that and was obviously disappointed to be released before getting a chance to get fit after a lengthy injury. He's quite clear, he'd rather have had the chance to prove himself with a L2 loan, and I'm not sure why that option wasn't pursued, if - as he says - there were interested clubs.

However, he mentions he "doesn't hold grudges", he's out to prove himself in Ireland, with an obvious view to getting an English club interested in him. 

He's hardly "criticising" the club, or Nigel Pearson, as the URL suggests, merely mulling on his disappointment and making clear he wants to return to an English league club. 

And remember, the quotes the Post used will have been carefully selected to make it look like he's bitter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...