IGNORED

Louis Britton has his say ....

3 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I appreciate he's disappointed, but there's a reason that L2 and L1 teams said "pass" and he ended up in Ireland. However, no doubt Tinman will keep an eye out for him, should he come back to prove us wrong. I wish him well, but this article is a bit...petulant.

Having watched some of his games at Woking I have to say that Woking was totally the wrong choice for him, they played horrendous football while he was there and Louis got no service. I remember one half he didn't have the ball played to feet once. It ruined any chance he had of a league loan.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

I'd put money....if i had any?........on Louis ending up in the 1st or 2nd Division in England within a year.  He is building up his Reputation in Ireland, and will be snapped up within a 12 month IMHO.    

There is definitely EFL interest in him.  I’ve had a club approach me for info on him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, spudski said:

So when asked...what was NP supposed to say?

A lie?

Um?  Let's  think........."we like to keep certain matters in house, and i would prefer not to say anything at present, as Louis is currently recovering from a long injury lay off"  It's called protecting your young players?

Say less.

If he goes and plays his way out of that league (which I’d suggest is of negligible quality, and not close to English league football), and earns his way back to the level he’s expressing his chagrin at not being given a fair shake at (ie the Championship), then have your words.

But I’d suggest it speaks to the situation he’s willing to essentially air his dirty laundry in public like this before having anything to point at.

Oversharing is a modern curse.

Edited by samo II

3 hours ago, spudski said:

So when asked...what was NP supposed to say?

A lie?

Perhaps what NP said was meant as a kick up the arse and maybe it was the right thing to say, but to answer your question you don't have to be a Premier League manager to know what gets said in public and private is very different. 

Whether Britton means this quote to come across like he's not happy ending up playing for Cork City or not I don't know, but it could've been worded better...

"I scored and got taken off and then was told 'you're not going on loan, you're staying here because we want you to get fit' - it was disappointing because I would have liked to have gone out on loan in League Two to prove myself and I probably wouldn't be in the situation that I'm in now."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Very different player to Chris Martin

Yes, he worked with Ian Eisentrager (son on Alec), who is / was a boxing trainer and former Army PE instructor.  I played with Ian at Odd Down, fit as a fiddle and very demanding.  I’ve seen pictures of Louis being trained by him.

Seem to….but that’s not the whole story.  Realising you’re going to be key go in the summer with a window shut, what do you do?  In fairness he’s got himself over to Ireland, where they run a summer season calendar so that he can get competitive games.  Initially on trial with Derry to get himself known over there, then to Waterford on trial.  With his contract ending with City, he’s decided that he’s better playing competitive football (now with Cork) until the summer season ends (in October).  He’s putting himself in the shop window.  He’s 3rd top scorer in the league.

image.png.1b5df6b75484c3b94d767c7657776475.png

West Brom sent their CB Kevin Joshua on loan there too.  Phoenix Patterson is a baller, I recommended him to Harry to pass on (ex-Watford and Spurs kid).

Kevin Joshua has been loaned from West Brom.  EFL clubs are scouting the Irish leagues heavily.  7 players have signed for EFL Lg1 clubs this window.  

When his contract runs out in October he will be free to move and not reliant on waiting for the Jan window.  It’s a gamble by Louis, but not without rationale.

Correct.

As above, gone out and gotten himself some competitive football and continued scoring goals.

Yep, I have no issue with City releasing him.  He’s behind Conway and Bell, who are both younger…and as Gary Owers said you have to watch the person below you…in this case Seb P-H.  The club don’t make many mistakes and if they judge all of these others potential greater it’s the right choice.

I’m just not writing off Louis Britton have a pro career in the EFL.  At 21 and the type of player he is he has time.

I’ve watched a fair few clips of George Hirst this summer and he’s not dissimilar to Louis in the way he plays, a bit untidy round the edges, but arms and elbows, and it’s taken him to 23 in the second half of last season to click.  He’s had a few crap loans, probably based on his name and not been up to much.  I hope Louis shows patience to try to get through the next 12-18 months, because the chance is still there.

Personally I don't blame him for defending his position, no-one likes to be told that they aren't good enough/required. That may well prove to be the case but I hope he gets his head down, arse up & proves a few wrong.

Good luck LB ? 

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

He was an unused substitute this evening in Cork's 1-0 victory against Wexford, in Ireland's Second Division.

I wish the young man well, but I think it is clear he is not yet ready for English Championship football. 

He came on for last 5 mins.

12 hours ago, maxjak said:

Um?  Let's  think........."we like to keep certain matters in house, and i would prefer not to say anything at present, as Louis is currently recovering from a long injury lay off"  It's called protecting your young players?

And then let all the speculation and rumours start...??

12 hours ago, maxjak said:

Largish Nige is good at toughening people up for this cut throat sport . I suggest that certain players react badly and completely miss the lesson (I imagine  Bakinson for one).

Those who buy into it will reap the benefits either here or elsewhere.Clearly LB is fired up to prove NP wrong and in a few years time we may very well see interviews with the bloke citing him as a major influence on his career. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yeah does not read Well. Wonder what not being said from both parties 

I know someone who does some work with his dad and brother now and again. Whenever he’s spoken them about him they seemed to suggest he was looking at options away from city?

Looks like he got his wish in the end. 

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

In the year 2525, we’ll still be having Britton threads with people saying he wasn’t given a fair crack of the whip. Dispassionately - it’s insane.

He’s been at the club at a time when the manager has given more opportunity to youth than anyone in the recent past. He’s been given loans at Conference level and not pulled up trees. He’s now playing at a level somewhere around Weston Super Mare and was on the bench last night.

I have no axe to grind with Louis whatsoever, and in isolation there may be a good reason for each of the above. But logically - there is no metric or evidence to suggest that Pearson wouldn’t have given him a go if he thought he was ready, or that he’ll become a proven striker at our level anytime soon.

In the opposite of Sam Allardyces “if I’d been called Allardici” quote, if Louis Britton’s family wasn’t known on the local scene and he was a youth player who grew up in, say, Berkshire, would there have been anywhere near as many column inches devoted to him? 

Spot on.

Worth detailing once again his 3 loans all at Conference level whilst with us;

Torquay 3 starts, 2 sub appearances, 1 goal.

Stockport 4 sub appearances, 0 goals.

Woking 3 starts, 1 sup appearance, 0 goals.

Yet the OP is seriously suggesting that he was an option as cover for Chris Martin?

Saikou Janneh has joined a FL club this summer & scored 2 v FGR last season, he had 2 loan spells with league clubs & scored whilst at one of them.

If either of them was worth keeping on (& I personally don’t think either of them was) then on this evidence surely it was him?

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

In the year 2525, we’ll still be having Britton threads with people saying he wasn’t given a fair crack of the whip. Dispassionately - it’s insane.

At 500 years old, he might not be considered "one for the future".

14 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

What will be the bigger regret-

That we didn’t cash in on the PL clubs after Marvin Brown for £10m or that Louis Britton wasn’t a Bristol City player when he lifted the World Cup?

20 hours ago, Harry said:

Some of those tweets are racist. I’m assuming the tweeters will be prosecuted as such. 

They are probably from poorly educated kids, under the age for prosecution..... vile tweets all the same, but these keyboard warriors are some pretty sad individuals...

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

The comments underneath the article are pretty unpleasant, too

People always reduce it down to how much money somebody has! Just because he earns a lot of money, he should be open to vile abuse.:disapointed2se:

I would get the police involved, it sounds really nasty 

• Like 2