IGNORED

Have your say! SC&T 2022 Survey

Blagdon red

• SC&T Board Members

The SC&T would like to know your views on a variety of issues, so that when we're talking to the club about these things we can correctly reflect fans' views.

So, please spare 10 minutes to complete this survey:

SC&T 2022 Supporters Survey

Thanks!

PS: Please note that the link will work only once on any given device. So, if other family members want to complete the survey, they will need to do so on another device (PC, tablet or mobile).

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

Completed it as well as I could.

Didn't realise you can leave things blank!

Also, regarding the section about racist/sexist abuse, might be a more accurate survey if you said 'within the last 'x' number of years, I said 'yes' to all of it as it was common when I started going.

Finally, how do you get to Gate... there was no taxi/uber option! (Or electric scooter).

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Also, regarding the section about racist/sexist abuse, might be a more accurate survey if you said 'within the last 'x' number of years, I said 'yes' to all of it as it was common when I started going.

Finally, how do you get to Gate... there was no taxi/uber option! (Or electric scooter).

Agreed. I did the same as you and then answered in a follow up question that it happened in the 1980s.

This might not be popular but I support Bristol City Football Club. I have absolutely no interest in womens football. The womens team is an addition and I don't as such recognise their association to my team, I only support one team. It holds no interest for me, I have nothing against womens sport but I don't want to see it. Fortunately I was allowed to omit comments on it. Do we have a darts team, skittles team, fishing team, quiz team? If we do, then why not include these in the survey. Add the under 23's and academy teams as well, if this is about inclusivity, which it seems to be.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I got bored and quit reading. Primarily because it felt long as ****, answering all the same questions for Bristol City AND Bristol City Women.

I get it now I've seen here that you can leave answers blank but I didn't realise at the time and most won't either... and most also won't care about the women so they'll drop in useless answers to get through the pages that then skew your results.

Two different surveys. Sure, the women's will get less responses but they'll be from people who give a shit.

Edited by TBW
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

This might not be popular but I support Bristol City Football Club. I have absolutely no interest in womens football. The womens team is an addition and I don't as such recognise their association to my team, I only support one team. It holds no interest for me, I have nothing against womens sport but I don't want to see it. Fortunately I was allowed to omit comments on it. Do we have a darts team, skittles team, fishing team, quiz team? If we do, then why not include these in the survey. Add the under 23's and academy teams as well, if this is about inclusivity, which it seems to be.

The women's team is literally owned by the men's team. It is part of the fabric and make-up of the same Club. I don't watch their games, or care who they sign, but I support their inclusion within the wider Club. They have fans that wear the club's badge, and fans that care deeply about the Club.

As you say, you were allowed to omit or avoid answering those sections. It took you a few second to skip them, just as it took me. I skipped it and moved on with life.

If you want to exclude the women's team from discussions then, as you say in your post, you support Bristol City Men's Football Team, you don't support Bristol City Football Club.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 2

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

If you want to exclude the women's team from discussions then, as you say in your post, you support Bristol City Men's Football Team, you don't support Bristol City Football Club.

Incorrect.

One is called Bristol City Women's Football Club. The other is called Bristol City Football Club.

I appreciate the sentiment but your logic is flawed.

I didn't realise at first that the questions being asked were about the women and wondered why I was being asked the same questions a second time. Perhaps if they want to get both surveys done by all, why not put all the men's team questions first and at the end ask "would you like to continue and answer with regard to Bristol City Women?" much like how many online surveys ask if you want to continue and submit ethnicity data.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The women's team is literally owned by the men's team. It is part of the fabric and make-up of the same Club. I don't watch their games, or care who they sign, but I support their inclusion within the wider Club. They have fans that wear the club's badge, and fans that care deeply about the Club.

As you say, you were allowed to omit or avoid answering those sections. It took you a few second to skip them, just as it took me. I skipped it and moved on with life.

With respect, I disagree. When I attend Ashton Gate I go to support Bristol City, or if  someone asks what team I support I say Bristol City, the team and things that benefit the team, like the pathway to the team. Anything else is part of the overall umbrella, they are seperate from my team and I'm sure they're not included in the ffp football league rules.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, thatcham red said:

Thanks for all your feedback and comments.

The opening paragraph in the survey now makes it clearer that you can skip questions or whole sections. Average completion time is 11 minutes.

Cheers

Most don't read paragraphs before a survey either. It's a multiple choice opinion survey. It shouldn't need paragraphs.

These are two surveys and you've car crashed them together into one. They need to be entirely separate or the women's accessible at the end via a "would you like to continue..." question.

• Like 1

If you are taking further feedback, some questions might benefit from being able to select more than one answer.

Also, doing the survey on a mobile, once you had selected something whilst trying to scroll past it, it didn't seem possible to then select nothing.

Long story short, not sure what you expect to learn from this, I don't imagine it will be an accurate reflection of supporters views.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Funny I answered no as I assumed it meant the last few years..Probably why I was cr*p at exams never read the question properly, although my finger was poised over yes as I started going in the 70,s when it was rife 

Looking through the options for answers...I think it would be more informative to the club if there was an option of...not interested...or couldn't care less.

I literally have no positive or negative opinion on questions I have no interest in or couldn't care less about. 

I should imagine others are the same.

That way the club could actually see what fans are interested in, rather than assuming we have opinions or interests in what has been asked.

• Like 3

Couple of questions that on the grand scale of annoyance most probably wouldn't score too highly BUT....

Regarding transport there was no tick box for plane. I attended 2 games last season. Without Easyjet, I wouldn't have been at QPR or Stoke.

And finally.... the question where do I live in the UK? I can hear a certain dead  politician spinning in his grave....I was offered the choice of England, Scotland, Wales or outside Great Britain. Firstly, Northern Ireland is PART OF THE UK.. Secondly, Northern Ireland is NOT part of Great Britain. I can't, therefore, answer this blatantly racist question!

I feel excluded and I feel unwanted as a result. I wish I had never gone to school and have learned the difference between UK and GB.. If only I hadn't married a Northern Irish girl and moved over here then I could have answered this question. 

I'm so upset, I'll have to open a beer. I can't have a Thatchers as the local Tesco has sold out. And don't g

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Couple of questions that on the grand scale of annoyance most probably wouldn't score too highly BUT....

Regarding transport there was no tick box for plane. I attended 2 games last season. Without Easyjet, I wouldn't have been at QPR or Stoke.

And finally.... the question where do I live in the UK? I can hear a certain dead  politician spinning in his grave....I was offered the choice of England, Scotland, Wales or outside Great Britain. Firstly, Northern Ireland is PART OF THE UK.. Secondly, Northern Ireland is NOT part of Great Britain. I can't, therefore, answer this blatantly racist question!

I feel excluded and I feel unwanted as a result. I wish I had never gone to school and have learned the difference between UK and GB.. If only I hadn't married a Northern Irish girl and moved over here then I could have answered this question. 

I'm so upset, I'll have to open a beer. I can't have a Thatchers as the local Tesco has sold out. And don't g

You'll have a field day with British Isles then. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Henry said:

I’d like to actually hear and see what the trust do now a days. I don’t remember seeing anything for a long that actually seeks fans views, challenges the club then feedbacks. Arranging the awards and the odd do is great and all that.

You're literally commenting on a thread where the SC&T asks for fans views, which are being gathered so that they can be presented as a challenge to the Club. 

2 hours ago, spudski said:

I literally have no positive or negative opinion on questions I have no interest in or couldn't care less about. 

I should imagine others are the same.

That way the club could actually see what fans are interested in, rather than assuming we have opinions or interests in what has been asked.

You can skip questions that you have no interest in or don't care about. If others do that then those questions show up as ignored and the SC&T will see that. So it's all good feedback.

4 hours ago, TBW said:

One is called Bristol City Women's Football Club. The other is called Bristol City Football Club.

I appreciate the sentiment but your logic is flawed.

I didn't realise at first that the questions being asked were about the women and wondered why I was being asked the same questions a second time.

Did you then read the question? Maybe that could have been your first option?

As for being wrong. No, I'm not wrong. The company that owns the contracts and EFL share that relate to the men's team also owns all of the shares in the company that owns the contracts and share (or equivalent) in the women's team. This means it is a 100% subsidiary and is part of the wider football club Group. The women's team is legally a part of the men's team.

3 hours ago, TBW said:

Most don't read paragraphs before a survey either.

One option is to read words and understand them.

3 hours ago, Rich said:

With respect, I disagree. When I attend Ashton Gate I go to support Bristol City, or if  someone asks what team I support I say Bristol City, the team and things that benefit the team, like the pathway to the team. Anything else is part of the overall umbrella, they are seperate from my team and I'm sure they're not included in the ffp football league rules.

With respect you are incorrect. I understand your feelings but you misunderstand what "Bristol City Football Club" is. It's not just the men's first XI. The SC&T represents all fans, of all parts of the Club, and publishes one survey to cover all of it.

As for FFP, the entity that reports for that purpose is Bristol City Holdings Limited, that company owns Bristol City Football Club Limited, and that entity owns Bristol City Women's Football Club Limited, so the women's team is ultimately included.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

This is a legitimate piece of feedback. Congratulations mate.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

You're literally commenting on a thread where the SC&T asks for fans views, which are being gathered so that they can be presented as a challenge to the Club. 

You can skip questions that you have no interest in or don't care about. If others do that then those questions show up as ignored and the SC&T will see that. So it's all good feedback.

Did you then read the question? Maybe that could have been your first option?

As for being wrong. No, I'm not wrong. The company that owns the contracts and EFL share that relate to the men's team also owns all of the shares in the company that owns the contracts and share (or equivalent) in the women's team. This means it is a 100% subsidiary and is part of the wider football club Group. The women's team is legally a part of the men's team.

One option is to read words and understand them.

With respect you are incorrect. I understand your feelings but you misunderstand what "Bristol City Football Club" is. It's not just the men's first XI. The SC&T represents all fans, of all parts of the Club, and publishes one survey to cover all of it.

As for FFP, the entity that reports for that purpose is Bristol City Holdings Limited, that company owns Bristol City Football Club Limited, and that entity owns Bristol City Women's Football Club Limited, so the women's team is ultimately included.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Are you telling me that the wages of players, coaches, physio's, and all related expenses related to the womens team, along with the income from games, is included in the calculations relating to ffp and submitted to the football league? ? I think you are wrong and, their finances are seperate from the mens team, even if they have a parent company.

I started supporting my team in 1966 and it's only in recent times that the club have incorporated a womens team. Probably to try and increase the customer base as a whole. The previous associated team was abandonned. So forgive me if I personally don't recognise them as my team.

As for representative of all supporters by the SC&T, it plainly is not. Otherwise there wouldn't be those questioning the survey. I'm certain it doesn't represent the whole views of our supporter base, merely those that choose to be a part of it..

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rich said:

I have nothing against womens sport but I don't want to see it. Fortunately I was allowed to omit comments on it.

Then why make such a fuss about it? You seem to be criticising the SC&T for giving you the option to not comment on something that you didn't want to comment on in the first place.

• Like 2

I appreciate you taking the time to do it, although some of the questions weren’t worded in such a way that I felt I could answer them effectively. 

In terms of other feedback, I didn’t note questions regarding old people, the disabled or our very young fans and their experience of the club. Perhaps this could be included? 

Also questions were missing on stewarding, policing and in terms of questions on atmosphere it seemed to focus on the negative aspects of it not the positives (not having goal celebration music being one huge plus!).

Well done for doing it though I can’t imagine it was quick to do. 

The reasonable attempt at a survey but some of questions and answer options could been designed in a better way. Also, I though the section on safe standing was designed from the perspective that the club should have more. If you’re designing a survey you should put aside your own preferences and make the questions neutral. 

9 hours ago, Dave L said:

Then why make such a fuss about it? You seem to be criticising the SC&T for giving you the option to not comment on something that you didn't want to comment on in the first place.

Not making a fuss, just using a format available to me to express an opinion. Just as you have. If you don't like it, don't make a fuss about it.

Thanks everyone for feeding back on this, Agreed, it isn't perfect, but we can use the learning for future years.

Good points about geography, including questions relating to older fans, the disabled and stewarding. I guess we were a bit conscious of how long it was getting.

And yes, it did take a long time to compile!

Cheers

• Like 2