IGNORED

James Taylor to Cheltenham - On Loan

Betty Swallocks

8 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

See young James Taylor has gone on loan to Cheltenham in what looks like a great loan for him. 

Be nice to see more link ups with Cheltenham & Wade Elliott. The improvement of clubs in the local area may help City’s academy. In the case of Cheltenham at least, let’s hope they keep it up . 

Not surprised to see him get a league one loan. Highly rated.

I got to know him quite well while doing some Uber driving a few years back. Picked him up quite a few times as we both lived in Congresbury at the time. I know nothing of his ability as a footballer but he’s very motivated and a genuinely nice lad. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Has always impressed me so not surprised he’s got a good loan move. Can’t see him starting the early games but hopefully forces his way into the team before too long 

I’ve always thought him very ordinary (ability wise)….but the word I’ve always used about him is “tenacious”.  That’s a good quality to have and may take him further than ability alone.

I liked how in the PDL final he started poorly at LB, but then moved to RCB and his performance was a driving factor in getting us back in it.

I’m surprised he’s got a Lg1 loan, thought he’d get a Lg2 / NL loan first-up.  I wonder if Wade was watching the Pompey game?  He had a tough 45 v Exeter on Tuesday.

But ultimately, a cracking loan and a real chance to kick his career on another notch.

The only side note is that Jon Palmer (Glos News) has said that Cheltenham are looking at another loan, and gave 5 already, so something won’t make the match day 18.

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve always thought him very ordinary (ability wise)….but the word I’ve always used about him is “tenacious”.  That’s a good quality to have and may take him further than ability alone.

I liked how in the PDL final he started poorly at LB, but then moved to RCB and his performance was a driving factor in getting us back in it.

I’m surprised he’s got a Lg1 loan, thought he’d get a Lg2 / NL loan first-up.  I wonder if Wade was watching the Pompey game?  He had a tough 45 v Exeter on Tuesday.

But ultimately, a cracking loan and a real chance to kick his career on another notch.

The only side note is that Jon Palmer (Glos News) has said that Cheltenham are looking at another loan, and gave 5 already, so something won’t make the match day 18.

Sam Bell would do well there

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That last bit is a worry, as he looks by a distance the least experienced of the 5 loans they have in so far & can think of at least one City loan player who has fallen foul of this in the past.

• Like 1

On 22/07/2022 at 20:54, Davefevs said:

Agreed, and another important quality in young players is the ability to take on board information & instruction. Coaches and managers love players who can do that and as long as they are athletic and aggressive enough you can get great consistency from them.

• Like 1