IGNORED

Moving onto Hull…

Davefevs

Looked like Hulls strongest team with a lot of their new signings playing.

Their fans are worried about their recent performances and i think it’ll be a good time to play them Saturday with their foreign imports having to adjust to the championship and them having to gel as a team.

Id back us to beat them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hocca said:

Looked like Hulls strongest team with a lot of their new signings playing.

Their fans are worried about their recent performances and i think it’ll be a good time to play them Saturday with their foreign imports having to adjust to the championship and them having to gel as a team.

Id back us to beat them.

i was thinking exactly the same thing. City have had a an excellent pre season with no defeats and will be buzzing in readiness for the trip to Hull next Saturday. Hull on the other hand……….…:cool2:

They won’t be looking forward to facing us for sure.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

i was thinking exactly the same thing. City have had a an excellent pre season with no defeats and will be buzzing in readiness for the trip to Hull next Saturday. Hull on the other hand……….…:cool2:

They won’t be looking forward to facing us for sure.

I always fear for teams that get taken over by a new rich owner and he buys a lot of players from his country. Initially probably exciting for Hull but I don’t think their promotion hopes are going to materialise.

No doubt offering these Turkish players high wages too so if it does fail it leaves them in a precarious financial situation.

They’re still adding new players, (Ghanaian striker today) almost all of whom have played in Turkey.

Still have no idea exactly what we’ll face next week but their pre season so far has been pretty shambolic.

14 minutes ago, Hocca said:

I always fear for teams that get taken over by a new rich owner and he buys a lot of players from his country. Initially probably exciting for Hull but I don’t think their promotion hopes are going to materialise.

No doubt offering these Turkish players high wages too so if it does fail it leaves them in a precarious financial situation.

Sold Keane Lewis Potter for £20m which helps a fair bit, academy product=pure profit...however I do take your general point. A number of others left too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Turkish Super Lig isn’t a million miles off a similar level to the championship:

image.thumb.png.09ff5ff4669b56aa470219eebae94f8f.png

But, a very different style of football.  You can never tell how their players will adapt.  For a time 15-20 years ago I thought Turkish players might transition to English football quite well, but I’m not so sure anymore.

We will find out in 7 days time.

I’ve always thought that early in the season is a good time to play teams like Hull who have overhauled their squad, before their players get a chance to gel. 

Our squad is settled and, with the departure of fringe players like Palmer, COD and Bakinson, competitive. Plus young players like Scott have gained valuable experience over the last year. 

• Like 6

Their fans have our 5-0 win against them at the end of last season fresh in their memory and fully expect to lose against us following a disastrous pre-season. They can't understand why George Honeyman was sold to Millwall as he was their best player last season, and have no idea whether the foreign players they've signed (mainly from Turkey) are any good.

Having said that City have a history of messing up what looks like an easy win on paper so we won't know for sure until 5:00 on Saturday.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Offside said:

I’ve always thought that early in the season is a good time to play teams like Hull who have overhauled their squad, before their players get a chance to gel. 

Our squad is settled and, with the departure of fringe players like Palmer, COD and Bakinson, competitive. Plus young players like Scott have gained valuable experience over the last year. 

You could well be right.

I must admit a few weeks ago I thought the prospect of facing a side first up that had been completely revamped with a lot of signings (I make it 9 now) largely from a league their coach knows well, was a very tough start.

However there is a lot to be said for your continuity point, as the 3 we’ve added (I’m discounting Bajic for now) have all been in the whole summer, are English speaking & either know the league (Naismith) or are ambitious to make the step up.

Of course Hull could start well next Saturday, be gifted a goal by an error or a poor decision but they don’t look ready at all by comparison with us.

Both Semenyo & Kalas will be missed but whilst our squad is not the largest, that’s why we have the likes of Sykes & Klose.

I always start from the position not losing away from home is decent so would take a point now, but it doesn’t appear the challenge it did when the fixtures came out.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Pretty sure Hull will struggle. The manager has a poor record, slightly strange why they hired him. I thought he had lots of experience in Turkey, but he has only managed a team for 15 matches. Someone is signing up the players , is it to a plan ? Their pre season has been poor too, that interview above is terrible to hear with a week to go . So, watch them light up and batter us... I do really feel they will struggle, the signs were there last season , and they will have a new manager before the World Cup starts. Be great to start with an away win. 

He’s coached 3 different Turkish teams, Trabzonspor (by far the best known) was only for 15 games but he coached Kayserispor for over 2 years & Kasimpasa for a similar time.

He also has coached Maccabi Tel Aviv & in Uzbekistan.

Their owner probably went for him based as much as anything on his time in Turkey as a player, he was prolific there.

Certainly a gamble & with Tufan saying when he signed that he wanted to play in Europe for Hull (I guess he wasn’t referring to Swansea) they are certainly talking a good game..

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Their fans have our 5-0 win against them at the end of last season fresh in their memory and fully expect to lose against us following a disastrous pre-season. They can't understand why George Honeyman was sold to Millwall as he was their best player last season, and have no idea whether the foreign players they've signed (mainly from Turkey) are any good.

Having said that City have a history of messing up what looks like an easy win on paper so we won't know for sure until 5:00 on Saturday.

A easy win ! If you’ve learned anything about football especially the championship , then there no such thing as a easy win . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

A easy win ! If you’ve learned anything about football especially the championship , then there no such thing as a easy win . 

I think our last game against Hull was probably the textbook definition of an easy win, although I appreciate we couldn’t have known that in advance!