IGNORED

Stoney Garnett RIP

weepywall

Stoney Garnett RIP.....you will truly be missed by everyone who was fortunate enough to meet you throughout your life.  Bristol City just won't be the same without your presence and your   smiley face under that iconic red hat.  Surely some tribute is due by the club and supporters?                

• Like 4

Sad news known of him since I was a child acquaintance with my late grandad

Going to games with my old man always identifiable home and away by his stand out trademark hats! As I got older would also catch him floating around pubs and bars in Bristol when I started going out in town through the years always a character and a symbol of being in home base to me if that makes sense…welcoming aurora about his presence ?‍♂️

Will be missed ? ?

Edited by Logical-City

The older you get the more pieces of your Bristol City life come to an end. I once spent a good hour and a few ciders with him in the Wedlock's before a game during the time the club banned him from entering the stadium. He was so engaging that he had to remind me at five to three to get in the ground or I'd miss the start. I felt so bad about leaving him there on his own as the ub by then was deserted. RIP Stoney. True legend. Probably the most iconic City fan ever.

135008_5b35ae22-06a2-4c09-8da1-1f4986829801_900x.jpg

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

You must be talking about Spike, not been to Bristol in a while, Im sure he's still going though, Im sure someone on here would know!?????

Yeah. Spike, not wanting to derail this thread at all, but have some funny recollections of them both togther at times playing up to the crowd. 

My condolences to his family and friends.

I was out for a drink tonight with my son when we were told about the sad news by a fellow city supporter. I am still in shock about it. One of the greatest characters at ashton gate you'd ever wish to meet. Met stoney on many away trips. He was absolutely hilarious when he was cracking his jokes on the train up wherever we were going. One of the nicest blokes you'd meet and will be truly missed by all of us but never forgotten. 

Could we make flag day in honour of stoney?

Rest in peace

• Like 2

I’d wager there are no City fans over the age of 18? Maybe younger who wouldn’t recognise Stoney. 
I recall a good few years back, sitting in the garden of the rising sun, a glorious hot day, Stoney had the assembled throng in stitches with his jokes and anecdotes.
Not many football fans achieve legendary status at their clubs. 

Stoney did. Rest in Peace sir. 

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

A really good mate of my Dad's. When my Dad died during the pandemic, Stoney came to the funeral, even though the restrictions meant he couldn't get in. So he just came along to stand outside and pay his respects. A really good guy and, like everyone has said, funny as. RIP

Knew him all the way through growing up. Good friends with my dad. He came to my nan's funeral/wake a few months back and spent so much time cracking jokes and making people laughed. Will be sorely missed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Amazing tributes on here and across social media. He really was Mr Bristol City.

I would love to see a mural of his unmistakable image on one of the walls inside the concourse. 

This must be done - providing his family agree to it.

Edited by Red Shadow
  • Robin 2