IGNORED

Robinstv - international sub (annual)

Davefevs

Per @ExiledAjax under your account there is an "update billing details button" where you can change your payment method. Underneath that the "active supscriptions" are shown complete with renewal date (mine is 20 September 2022), renewal price (mine is £170 - anyone still getting the lower £140?) and the payment method (if you update the billing details, this should change).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Per @ExiledAjax under your account there is an "update billing details button" where you can change your payment method. Underneath that the "active supscriptions" are shown complete with renewal date (mine is 20 September 2022), renewal price (mine is £170 - anyone still getting the lower £140?) and the payment method (if you update the billing details, this should change).

Mine shows "Renewal of £140.00 due on 31 Jul 2022"

I wonder if you'll get the cheaper price if you cancel yours and re-subscribe

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

image.png.e8797c9e293841310a55a8c827ff32bc.png

This is what I have showing...am I paying £140 or £170? ? Did you get an email about the price rise? I cannot see one in my inbox (yes, I've checked my Junk folder).

PS. At £170 we really need to be starting to get some sort of "Virtual Season Ticket". That's the second consecutive £30 rise, so from £110 to £170 in two seasons, and with no extra service or benefit added. We're at nearly half the price of the cheapest ST. Still an ok deal, but getting nearer and nearer to full ST prices.

17 minutes ago, Scrumpy Dziek said:

Thanks for that, I think it's worth a try, but it probably won't let me remove the unexpired part of the current pass.

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

image.png.e8797c9e293841310a55a8c827ff32bc.png

This is what I have showing...am I paying £140 or £170? ? Did you get an email about the price rise? I cannot see one in my inbox (yes, I've checked my Junk folder).

PS. At £170 we really need to be starting to get some sort of "Virtual Season Ticket". That's the second consecutive £30 rise, so from £110 to £170 in two seasons, and with no extra service or benefit added. We're at nearly half the price of the cheapest ST. Still an ok deal, but getting nearer and nearer to full ST prices.

You'll be paying £170 like me - unless we can cancel the current sub per @Scrumpy Dziek suggestion above.

You're actually out of the country though aren't you? So for you its spead over 46 ish games - I'll only benefit from watching the away games this way (unless I get covid again), and I think it's a fair deal at £7.50 for 23 ish games. Well, unless we do too well and end up on Sky all the time.

Edited by Sleepy1968

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Anniversary, subject to the shift they did with the 3 month payment holiday when COVID hit. If you first paid last season it should just be annual.

Payment details is presumably in your account section. 

Ta, logged in using my VPN and it showed.

27 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

image.png

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ta, logged in using my VPN and it showed.

image.png

I like the belt and braces approach Fevs, but you don't actually need to use a VPN unless you are trying to add/renew a video pass sub or watch a game. I used to be paranoid too, until I forgot to use the VPN one time trying to watch a game, and convinced myself that I would be black balled, but no, 5 seconds later I'm in watching the game with the VPN on.

I suppose the one thing I'm a bit wary of is that the VPN using accounts get mass banned early in the season - which obviously I don't see them refunding if they do.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I like the belt and braces approach Fevs, but you don't actually need to use a VPN unless you are trying to add/renew a video pass sub or watch a game. I used to be paranoid too, until I forgot to use the VPN one time trying to watch a game, and convinced myself that I would be black balled, but no, 5 seconds later I'm in watching the game with the VPN on.

I suppose the one thing I'm a bit wary of is that the VPN using accounts get mass banned early in the season - which obviously I don't see them refunding if they do.

I’ve never been able to switch my VPN off and watch a game.

I have two email accounts for Windscribe, 10gb each, just in case.  Belt, braces and cable-ties!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve never been able to switch my VPN off and watch a game.

I have two email accounts for Windscribe, 10gb each, just in case.  Belt, braces and cable-ties!

Oh, yeah, to clarify, I couldn't actually watch until I switched the VPN on. I was expect;ing to have to come up with some convoluted sob-story if they banned me. I settled on "I'm on business in The Netherlands, and accidently left my VPN on whilst connecting to RobinsTV. You know, connected to a UK server, so I could stream the bbc iplayer."

Good idea with the second windscribe account - it's nice to use via the browser, rather than as a windows client, making it easy to use non-VPN'd connections at the same time. My secontary VPN is protonVPN, but I don't even have the client installed anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yeah I'm getting stitched with the £170 payment, £110, £110, £140, £140 and now £170.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Yeah I'm getting stitched with the £170 payment, £110, £110, £140, £140 and now £170.

I queried it when it went up to £140. Prices are fixed by the EFL. They don't want us going cheaper than their iFollow platform, as that would make them look bad. The deal is that they won't impose iFollow onto clubs, but if you do your own thing you can't undercut them. It's a bit shit, but it's not Bristol city fixing these prices. 

I suspect that also tells me why we can't offer extra perks as a "virtual season ticket". I guess that kind of stuff is also banned by the EFL.

16 minutes ago, Scrumpy Dziek said:

This suggests the price should have been £170 last year and that £140 was for existing subscribers (which I wasn't, for the international sub)

Fair enough, I'd forgotten about that email!  As I said at the time (apparently) freezing it at £140 was great, it w as only last yearthat it went from £110 to £140, so a second successive £30 hike would have been a bit much. Poor from the EFL to push that really, but well done to the club for (I assume) subsidising the price. 

Guess it's just catching up now.

I think "they" know is the truth and its a case of Nelsons "blind eye". From a legal point of view they cannot openly allow it due to the TV deals and complications around that, but nothing is done to stop it as its extra revenue.

I am exiled within the UK for various reasons (also have a rarely used season ticket)... so the club and footy in general is benefiting from additional cash in my and many others case.

• Like 3

So I've got this showing...

380714725_Screenshot_20220726-151103_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.527e6709340d1a31fec753bddf5a0d28.jpg

I think if your renewal date is after the early bird date of 1st Sept it will show the £170.

My guess is that if you buy the early bird offer before Sept 1st you'll be fine and should still be able to watch games on the existing sub until you manually renew/buy the early bird option.

I think that makes sense!

• Like 1

The clubs FAQs below re Robins TV doesn’t cover subs renewal nevertheless I’m sharing as it might generally be useful

Welcome to RobinsTV support. 

We'd would like to thank you for getting in touch today. The team are extremely busy at the moment with other requests. 

In the meantime, we have gathered the most common queries that you, the fans are asking us today and included them on this email, but if after reading you still can't find what you after, then please reply to this email and we will respond ASAP.  
*Please don't create another email/ticket as this may delay someone responding to you

Most queries can be solved quickly and easily. Have a look at the FAQs below and your question may already have been answered.

EFL SEASON 2021-22

What games can I watch this season?
In line with supporters’ returning to stadiums and EFL regulations, eligibility groups for live video streaming have changed. 
Non-televised Saturday 3pm KOs + Friday/Sunday games – Outside UK and Ireland, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man only
Non-televised midweek games – Worldwide
Televised games – Not currently available
Audio Commentary – Available worldwide
If there is not a pay-per-view match pass available in your territory for the game you want to watch, then it is not available.
Additionally, there is no season card holder access to streaming.

Where can I watch/listen?
Via Live Video/Audio section in mobile apps (details below)

I receive an ‘unauthorised country’ message when trying to access the live video.
Games are available in line with the geo-restrictions above. If you receive this message, the game is not available in your country or territory.
If you’re outside the UK on holiday and trying to access the stream via mobile data (3G/4G/5G), your IP address is still registered as being in the UK despite roaming due to the way roaming mobile service works. Connecting to a local WiFi network should solve this.

I’m a season ticket holder – where’s my “code”?
In line with supporters’ return to stadia and EFL regulations, season ticket holders are no longer entitled to streams. Clubs will advise directly if this situation changes. Season ticket holder codes, even if still active on your account from last season, will not work.

Can I watch the game on my Smart TV, or cast to my connected devices?
Casting is prohibited by EFL regulations. Smart TV browsers are not supported but may work.
Game consoles/Amazon Firesticks or other third-party devices also are not supported. We are not held responsible if you experience issues with the streams on unsupported devices even if they have worked previously.

What devices/browsers can I watch on?
Laptop/desktop – Windows 8.1/10 and recent versions of Mac OS.
Mobile – Most modern iOS and Android devices running the latest versions of their respective operating systems. Please note the club app (where available) must be used to watch live video on mobile.
Browsers – Latest versions of Chrome/Firefox/Edge/Safari. Other browsers such as Internet Explorer/Opera are not supported.

Can I watch on my mobile browser?
You must use the official club application to watch live video on mobile. Download here:

I’m stuck in a login loop, or when I click Play the website does nothing
Please ensure that your web browser cookies are set to ‘allowed' in your privacy and security settings. If you fail to do this, it may mean that you are unable to log-in and access the stream.
Safari Users – Versions of Safari from 13.1 onwards have cross-domain tracking disabled – this must be enabled for the login system to work. If this is not enabled, you may get stuck in a login loop.
Instructions on how to do this are here

I can’t login or have forgotten my password.
If you can’t log in, please try another browser, or clear your cache/cookies and try again. Also, please note the ‘I’m stuck in a login loop’ section above. If you have forgotten your password, go the login screen on the club website and follow the instructions to reset your password.
If you are receiving a ‘Blocked Account’ message, this can be solved by resetting your password.

My feed is buffering.
Please check your connection speed – a minimum of 4mb/s bandwidth is required to view. SpeedTest is a handy tool for this. Also, be aware of the usage of devices on your network. If other people on your network are streaming/gaming, this may affect the amount of bandwidth available to you. An attempt to use a VPNcan also cause buffering – VPNs are prohibited and if detected your access to the stream will be revoked and no refund given.

I want to cancel my monthly/annual recurring subscription.
Go the My Account section on the club website (https://bristolcitypayments.streamamg.com/account when logged in), or alternatively reply to this email and we can process your cancellation. Please note we require 3 working days’ notice to process requests, or you may be charged.

If you’ve tried the above to no effect, or if your query is related to something else, please reply to this email and we’ll be in touch to help. Please do not create a new ticket – simply reply to this email.
Please note we only deal with and respond to queries relating to the live video and audio service.

Thanks,

The RobinsTV Team
attachment?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpZCI6ODAwMjgzNTYxMzMsImRvbWFpbiI6InN0cmVhbWFtZy5mcmVzaGRlc2suY29tIiwiYWNjb3VudF9pZCI6MTY1MzUzMX0.R_b9ucEDxUBwVA8ZN8j2ae3YvAYHNyPUZ269hzgycuc

INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR ROBINS TV SUBSCRIPTION
Thank you for subscribing to Robins TV last season. 

We’re pleased to be able to announce our livestreaming packages for the forthcoming 2022/23 EFL Sky Bet Championship campaign.

The price for the international season pass for Robins TV will remain at £140 until September 1st. The EFL sets the pricing on this pass and has advised that it will increase to £170 from September 1st 2022. 

We hope you’re able to take advantage of this early bird rate and join us for the forthcoming campaign.

With a half-hour build-up show; expert commentary and analysis; multi-angle replays and exclusive player and coach content it’s the next best thing to being with us in-person.

We thank you for your continued support. 

#COYR

On 25/07/2022 at 15:38, Scrumpy Dziek said:

I asked and this was the reply ‘you are not allowed to renew early.’

13 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

I asked and this was the reply ‘you are not allowed to renew early.’

So the early bird price is only available for new subscribers? 

So why are we being emailed and told about a price we can't access?

My renewal date is after 1 September. That is only because of the payment relief window introduced during the first lockdown in 2020. That wasn't optional, I was not allowed to renew as normal that summer, and was automatically and unilaterally extended to November. So now I'm outside of the cheaper price window. 

Unless I can access the early bird price - which I've been emailed about but can't see how to access...then I've been forced to pay £30 extra because of COVID. 

Might include that in my personal FFP report.

Edit: sorry, I know you're not a RobinsTV rep. I'm not expecting you to know the answer.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3

Mine renewed at £140. Re VPNs, they can definitely bar your if they want as I has the same issue with a rugbypass sub to stream Bears games live in India/Asia - all was sweet using vpn set to India until it stopped saying stream was not available as I was logging in using a vpn. Many emails ensued with customer services and I told them I was using work hardware with a built in vpn but I actually was in India (I wasn’t, obviously) so there was nothing I could do about it. To be fair they refunded my annual sub but they can certainly tell who streams using vpns if they want. But as you say - blind eye turned as it’s a nice little earner. 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

So the early bird price is only available for new subscribers? 

So why are we being emailed and told about a price we can't access?

My renewal date is after 1 September. That is only because of the payment relief window introduced during the first lockdown in 2020. That wasn't optional, I was not allowed to renew as normal that summer, and was automatically and unilaterally extended to November. So now I'm outside of the cheaper price window. 

Unless I can access the early bird price - which I've been emailed about but can't see how to access...then I've been forced to pay £30 extra because of COVID. 

Might include that in my personal FFP report.

Edit: sorry, I know you're not a RobinsTV rep. I'm not expecting you to know the answer.

EA I’m in exactly the same situation as you, which is why I emailed to ask if I could change my renewal date in order to save £30, the response was ‘you are not allowed to renew early..’

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

EA I’m in exactly the same situation as you, which is why I emailed to ask if I could change my renewal date in order to save £30, the response was ‘you are not allowed to renew early..’

But they're allowed to force us to renew late (as they did in 2020)!? I raised it at that time. I asked not to be included in the COVID payment holiday. I wasn't furloughed because...shockingly...I was abroad...so I wanted to keep paying in the off-season. But no, it was a blanket payment holiday.

And now we pay the extra.

Bit crazy really.

On 26/07/2022 at 15:16, Gazred said:

So I've got this showing...

380714725_Screenshot_20220726-151103_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.527e6709340d1a31fec753bddf5a0d28.jpg

I think if your renewal date is after the early bird date of 1st Sept it will show the £170.

My guess is that if you buy the early bird offer before Sept 1st you'll be fine and should still be able to watch games on the existing sub until you manually renew/buy the early bird option.

I think that makes sense!

So i just went to buy the early bird and it lets me get to the checkout. Not gone further yet but looks promising.

This might mean having to then cancel the renewal or it could just replace it. 

I'm going to see if my current sub works ok on Sat and if it does i"ll wait until the end of August to buy/replace/renew the sub as applicable and hopefully still get the early bird price.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

So i just went to buy the early bird and it lets me get to the checkout. Not gone further yet but looks promising.

This might mean having to then cancel the renewal or it could just replace it. 

I'm going to see if my current sub works ok on Sat and if it does i"ll wait until the end of August to buy/replace/renew the sub as applicable and hopefully still get the early bird price.

Coversely I clicked on cancel and it said your cancellation will be effective at the end of your current billing cycle of 20 Sept 2022. I didn't follow through with the cancellation.

I'll be doing the same as you - better make sure I take a diary note!

• Like 1

On 25/07/2022 at 14:25, Sleepy1968 said:

Same renewal date as mine.

You might as well go onto a game by game £10 /month by month basis £25. Think it works out around the £150 mark, but will probably work out even cheaper with the sky games subtracted.

Edited by jaydee=inspiration
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Same renewal date as mine.

You might as well go onto a game by game £10 /month by month basis £25. Think it works out around the £150 mark, but will probably work out even cheaper with the sky games subtracted.

Good point. I didn't think of that

1 minute ago, lager loud said:

Should I be able to buy a video pass for the Hull game by now?

I’ve taken a ‘trip’ to Frankfurt this morning. I’m definitely ‘there’ as iPlayer won’t let me access any content, but Robins TV is only offering me audio passes.

?

Logout of BCFC abd Robinstv.

Switch on vpn

log back in

purchase

switch off vpn until match time, unless you have unlimited vpn Gb.

• Like 1