IGNORED

Robinstv - international sub (annual)

Davefevs

23 minutes ago, lager loud said:

Should I be able to buy a video pass for the Hull game by now?

I’ve taken a ‘trip’ to Frankfurt this morning. I’m definitely ‘there’ as iPlayer won’t let me access any content, but Robins TV is only offering me audio passes.

?

Yes. I'm currently in Dallas (:whistle2:) and:

Screenshot_20220730-114447-976.png

• Like 2

On 28/07/2022 at 17:18, ExiledAjax said:

So the early bird price is only available for new subscribers? 

So why are we being emailed and told about a price we can't access?

My renewal date is after 1 September. That is only because of the payment relief window introduced during the first lockdown in 2020. That wasn't optional, I was not allowed to renew as normal that summer, and was automatically and unilaterally extended to November. So now I'm outside of the cheaper price window. 

Unless I can access the early bird price - which I've been emailed about but can't see how to access...then I've been forced to pay £30 extra because of COVID. 

Might include that in my personal FFP report.

Edit: sorry, I know you're not a RobinsTV rep. I'm not expecting you to know the answer.

Can we not simply cancel the existing subscription then create a new one (using a different email address if necessary) in order to take advantage of the early bird pricing?

1 hour ago, lager loud said:

Should I be able to buy a video pass for the Hull game by now?

I’ve taken a ‘trip’ to Frankfurt this morning. I’m definitely ‘there’ as iPlayer won’t let me access any content, but Robins TV is only offering me audio passes.

?

VPN IPs get blacklisted so try a different server on the VPN or try a different VPN provider. What VPN are you using?

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

VPN IPs get blacklisted so try a different server on the VPN or try a different VPN provider. What VPN are you using?

Cheers. Windscribe. That may have been the issue. With a bit of @Davefevs helpdesk assistance I have managed to buy a pass. I did ’move’ to a different location, so perhaps it was the IP causing the problem. Although I tried so many things (log off and on, remove and reload the City app etc) that I’m not sure what made the difference in the end!

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

On 28/07/2022 at 22:17, jaydee=inspiration said:

Same renewal date as mine.

You might as well go onto a game by game £10 /month by month basis £25. Think it works out around the £150 mark, but will probably work out even cheaper with the sky games subtracted.

Nonsense. At £140, assuming 6 games covered by Sky, that gives you 40 games, i.e. just £3.50 per game. 

My subscription ran until 20th Sept, but I've taken out the early bird offer to renew ay £140.

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Nonsense. At £140, assuming 6 games covered by Sky, that gives you 40 games, i.e. just £3.50 per game. 

My subscription ran until 20th Sept, but I've taken out the early bird offer to renew ay £140.

Whhhoooooooooossssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I'm a season ticket holder

27 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Not sure what's happened since last season but my Windscribe Free 10GB dropped from 9.7GB to 3.1GB today. I thought it was about 2GB a match, not 6.6GB.

Yes, more like Full HD than 720p today….mine went down a huge amount about 7.4gb.  I have two Windscribe accounts, separate emails, and swap between them.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, more like Full HD than 720p today….mine went down a huge amount about 7.4gb.  I have two Windscribe accounts, separate emails, and swap between them.

Good shout Dave. I'll have to create another account. Won't cover 3 away games in a month though, unless they let you merge what's left in each one :laugh: Might have to bite the bullet and pay the £50ish for the year, see how it goes.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

FPS looked better too, not 60 but better than 30.

Definitely more data coming down the line today.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Good shout Dave. I'll have to create another account. Won't cover 3 away games in a month though, unless they let you merge what's left in each one :laugh: Might have to bite the bullet and pay the £50ish for the year, see how it goes.

I’ve got two free Windscribe accounts. 10gb each.

Just created a third!

Big improvement today on what we were offered last season. Quality has gone up to 1080 and more importantly for me and as stated above, the frame rate has improved, so we can almost kiss goodbye to the motion blur on fast panning shots!!

Never thought I'd say it, but very impressed with ifollow. Now I wonder what we are gonna get from the clubs own streaming service, maybe @old_eastender can report back next week as I'm on holiday in the UK? ?

21 hours ago, lager loud said:

Cheers. Windscribe. That may have been the issue. With a bit of @Davefevs helpdesk assistance I have managed to buy a pass. I did ’move’ to a different location, so perhaps it was the IP causing the problem. Although I tried so many things (log off and on, remove and reload the City app etc) that I’m not sure what made the difference in the end!

Excellent, some of Windscribe's IPs are blacklisted, so it was probably just changing the location that did it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve got two free Windscribe accounts. 10gb each.

Just created a third!

Fevs, if you go in to My Account > Account Status >Tweet4Data, you can earn an additional 5gb free allowance. Not sure the same twitter account will work across all your Windscribe accounts, but you never know.

(edit: using the web login, it doesn't look like it's available from the web extension)

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Fevs, if you go in to My Account > Account Status >Tweet4Data, you can earn an additional 5gb free allowance. Not sure the same twitter account will work across all your Windscribe accounts, but you never know.

(edit: using the web login, it doesn't look like it's available from the web extension)

Ta…now have 2x15gb and 1x10gb.  That should see me through until reset data. I have two twitter accounts - davefevs and FevsFootball so was able to use each.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1