IGNORED

Chris Garland header on the floor v Gas

Davefevs

I was there, very funny.

Youngsters have absolutely no idea how huge the gulf in standard was then, our side was in the midst of a 4 year top flight spell, we were just miles better than them.

Obviously we didn’t play them in their non league era of a few years ago but I doubt the gulf was any bigger.

35 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I was there, very funny.

Youngsters have absolutely no idea how huge the gulf in standard was then, our side was in the midst of a 4 year top flight spell, we were just miles better than them.

Obviously we didn’t play them in their non league era of a few years ago but I doubt the gulf was any bigger.

To be fair to the gas they were in the 2nd Division and mostly top half at that time

47 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

To be fair to the gas they were in the 2nd Division and mostly top half at that time

They didn't manage to finish top half of the old Second Division once in their 75-81 effort - best was 15th. Didn't manage top half in 91, 92, 93 either (best was 13th). Last time Rovers managed top half of the second tier of English football was before sexual intercourse began,1960.

• Haha 9
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

They didn't manage to finish top half of the old Second Division once in their 75-81 effort - best was 15th. Didn't manage top half in 91, 92, 93 either (best was 13th). Last time Rovers managed top half of the second tier of English football was before sexual intercourse began,1960.

Or 1 year B.C. (Before Coronation Street)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, red kev said:

I also saw Chris garland  head in on ground from 2 yards in glos cup final at Eastville on 28 April 1969. City won  5 nil and all 5 forwards scored, Skipton, garland, galley, kellard?, Sharpe. All city in black Swan after.

Skirton?

March 1967 and City are playing Derby County in the pouring rain at Ashton Gate.

A corner is awarded to the home side and Jantzen Derrick takes up an unusual position in the centre circle.

As the corner taker ambles slowly towards the ball Jantzen unleashes an incredible sprint into the penalty area and from about 12 yards out, without stopping, puts head to ball sending it screaming into the net with the goalkeeper motionless.

I was there on a scouting mission.

Running the eye over Marina Dolman.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Fair enough,I may have been informed by my gas supporting relatives. Unfortunately they eff you up,your mum and dad. I'm a firm believer that you can't have too many Larkin references in a post.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gimme Shelton said:

Fair enough,I may have been informed by my gas supporting relatives. Unfortunately they eff you up,your mum and dad. I'm a firm believer that you can't have too many Larkin references in a post.

Man hands on misery to man

It deepens like a coastal shelf

Larkin's lines on being born in to a Gashead family I think.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

March 1967 and City are playing Derby County in the pouring rain at Ashton Gate......

.......I was there on a scouting mission.

Running the eye over Marina Dolman.

The question is, did you score???

?

Edited by Redtucks