IGNORED

Freddie Flintoff's Field of Dreams

Carey 6

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I watched the first episode but couldn't get into it

Ah I’d definitely say to persevere.

Flintoff is a top bloke. Don’t know how he put up with a couple of the kids, I certainly wouldn’t have been able to!

Found myself really rooting for a couple of them to do well come the final episode.

• Like 2

And if you think it's all about cricket then think again. If you think cricket is run for and played by the 'elite' then Freddie wants to change that. But the real purpose of the effort is to provide an outlet for the more underprivileged (of Preston). Hence it it more about giving the idle and hapless a chance to change their lives, not just play a game. Three episodes are a brief look at the way of life for some.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Ah I’d definitely say to persevere.

Flintoff is a top bloke. Don’t know how he put up with a couple of the kids, I certainly wouldn’t have been able to!

Found myself really rooting for a couple of them to do well come the final episode.

Obviously these programmes are heavily edited and create characters, which most are.

However...if it actually showed the reality as it is, then fair play to Flintoff. The patience shown and belief for them to do well and embrace opportunities.

As a social watch it really makes you think.

The young lad from Afghanistan...his manners, drive, determination. Came with absolutely nothing, didn't know the language. But humble, respectful, everything you would want from a young lad. Compare that with some others from the UK...the mind boggles as to where it's gone wrong. But they all seemed to become better young lads from the experience.

Really worth a watch and makes you question a lot of things in our society.

• Like 1