IGNORED

Hull City away match day thread

Thought we started very well although Hull started to come back strongly- number of blocked shots although the big save by Bentley aside, importantly not much at the target.

Solid away performance so far but we need to be a bit careful about how much pressure we absorb. Martin has won 3 fouls (I think) in that half- useful way of relieving pressure, keeping the ball a bit higher up the pitch, They quite possibly could have had a penalty.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 3

1st half summary.

In the main, decent, started well, Hull has a spell of possession, then we got through it, scored when wed got back on top...and then weathered a bit of pressure in final minutes.

+'s:

Sykes, Naismith, Weimann

-'s:

None

James and Williams dove-tailing nicely.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

I can see us switching Sykes in for Scott and bringing on a defensive wing back. 

I was just thinking the same. Be surprised if Scott stays on for the full match given he missed the start of pre-season.  Bring Wilson on at some point in the second half and move Sykes forward. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, 22A said:

Hull fans are saying the same about their side; https://www.not606.com/threads/hull-city-v-bristol-city.401670/page-11

Probably fair, they've been more coherent than I thought the might be. Certainly don't look like the team of strangers they could have been.

They've improved through that first half, have broadly neutralised Scott, and conceded from a great set piece that they defended poorly.

They look ok.

• Like 1