IGNORED

Hull City away match day thread

For me I wasn’t going into this new season with huge levels of confidence, Naismith the signing who I think is a great addition, Sykes and Wilson more developmental - apart from that, it’s much the same as last time round.

That said, our line up today with Kalas and Semenyo still to come back is surely a top half team.

I watched the first half and it was good, great at times. Naismith excellent in the centre - excellent distribution that Semenyo will thrive on when he’s back.

Sykes impressed, a great half - some Oxford fans said he was a poor man’s O’Dowda, but it felt like he made more interceptions and tackles in half a game than COD did in half a season while still threatening going forwards, highlight was the skill a cross to set up James with a great chance.

But it turned into the classic game of two halves by the sound of it and suddenly it’s last season again, unable to get any sort of sustained possession when under pressure, and we start with a loss.

So I guess we’ll see - is this seasons City the first half version or the second half version? More of the second and we can stop talking about the top 10…

I’d also add - looking at James and Williams in the centre, lose one or two of them (and history suggests that’s very possible) and we look weak there. 

Yes unlucky with the penalty and the deflection - but not a great start to the season. Onwards and upwards hopefully.

• Like 2
Just now, Spike said:

By far the better team all game long, lost because of a deflection and a penalty that never was. I mean the positives was this is genuinely unlucky but what a joke to lose that game, they never should have had a point, let alone 3!

That's not true. We were better team first half. We were poor second half.