IGNORED

Hull City away match day thread

2 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

See, now a deflected goal can be the result of sitting back too much, but NOT a bent refereeing decision. 

The winner was a poor header by Klose in my opinion. That was a FREE HEADER and to head it there was poor and then it was him that deflected it in..........nothing to do with sitting back, just a mistake from the Centre Half.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

The winner was a poor header by Klose in my opinion. That was a FREE HEADER and to head it there was poor and then it was him that deflected it in..........nothing to do with sitting back, just a mistake from the Centre Half.

He clears it and we stand and watch.  That was the problem

• Like 2
1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Are these refs taking the ******* piss again or what?

Do they really all hate us or what the **** is it

It is incredible that last season we had both the fewest penalties awarded & the most conceded.

That cannot be coincidental or simply bad luck.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

See, now a deflected goal can be the result of sitting back too much, but NOT a bent refereeing decision. 

You either were not watching the match or have not a a clue what you are talking about, Hull were pinned back, trying to waste time before the ball broke up field and goal came from that

Horrible game. I was pretty positive after the first half. But oh my god... I wish I didn't look at the second half. I don't blame the team but horrible game to watch, that 50-50 penalty and this ******* deflection. The game had to be a draw, no team deserved to win but Hull had their luck. Starting with a win away could be great but even so, the season is just starting. We can do better, we can win games.

I don't know where can we be but for sure we can finish better than last season, we need Baker and Semenyo.

Disappointing result, created enough chances, apart from the shot that hit the post Hull and one Bents save, Hull did not creat much in spite of their possession. 

Cant  do much about a ref who decides to magic a pen out of thin air, and seemingly allow Sykes to be kicked off the park, and then a dodgy deflection right at the end.

Perhaps a bit too slow to move the ball at times, but no reason not to be confident for the season though

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

For me I wasn’t going into this new season with huge levels of confidence, Naismith the signing who I think is a great addition, Sykes and Wilson more developmental - apart from that, it’s much the same as last time round.

That said, our line up today with Kalas and Semenyo still to come back is surely a top half team.

I watched the first half and it was good, great at times. Naismith excellent in the centre - excellent distribution that Semenyo will thrive on when he’s back.

Sykes impressed, a great half - some Oxford fans said he was a poor man’s O’Dowda, but it felt like he made more interceptions and tackles in half a game than COD did in half a season while still threatening going forwards, highlight was the skill a cross to set up James with a great chance.

But it turned into the classic game of two halves by the sound of it and suddenly it’s last season again, unable to get any sort of sustained possession when under pressure, and we start with a loss.

So I guess we’ll see - is this seasons City the first half version or the second half version? More of the second and we can stop talking about the top 10…

I’d also add - looking at James and Williams in the centre, lose one or two of them (and history suggests that’s very possible) and we look weak there. 

Yes unlucky with the penalty and the deflection - but not a great start to the season. Onwards and upwards hopefully.

I thought we played well throughout, and deserved to win.  Disgraceful exhibition by several of the Hull players.

• Like 2