IGNORED

Hull City away match day thread

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

We were certainly better in the first half (and Hull were worse) but the second half was always going to be a different kettle of worms (or can of fish) and I thought we were decent.

All about opinions. I agree we were good first half though passed the ball really well.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

We were certainly better in the first half (and Hull were worse) but the second half was always going to be a different kettle of worms (or can of fish) and I thought we were decent.

...me too. Lots of good signs.

They are a bit of a bogey side for us - which is a pity as my in-laws support them! ?

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

At what point do we start walking off the pitch at these ridiculous decisions?

Il tell you one thing, no other club would stand for it to go so long without a pen whilst having so many corrupt decisions against us 

This is a joke right?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I wouldn't say mental weakness but yet another injury time goal conceded thanks to a failure to close down is a continuation of last season's pattern.

Let's hope that is the last one but when it happens repeatedly it seems less and less like chance. God knows how you put a stop to it though.

Exactly. Constantly conceding late goals - surely must be down to mental attitude. 

Edited by robin_unreliant
1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

Exactly. Constantly conceding late goals is surely down to mental attitude. 

Have you seen the goal? What is anyone supposed to do about that? I've been critical in the past but we looked fine today. Extremely unlucky. There'll be days when we get the luck.

• Like 1

Overall a decent performance. We still have a habit of getting in each other’s way which slows the ball down when we’ve got it and sometimes looked a bit heavy legged (not as bad as Hull and their competition to outdo each other with worst cramping theatrics). Ability to use width was promising and most played pretty well. Hull were dreadful/dirty and the ref was farcical at times, penalty had a strong whiff of thinking he got the first half one wrong, so needed to correct himself. No blame on Klose for the winner in my view, he got decent distance, but both Andi and Jay stood still, then some bad luck. Poor result, good performance. 

• Like 1
Just now, robin_unreliant said:

Exactly. Constantly conceding late goals is surely down to mental attitude. 

Today it was down to an individual error by a very experienced Centre Half rather than a team thing. Teams get crosses and long throws in late in games, that's football, but that should have been headed away better given it was a completely free header. Lazily terming it "mental attitude" puts a slant on it that simply wasn't there.

• Flames 1
Just now, IAmNick said:

Thanks for that!

That's a tough one to take. Think we should get that given the previous decision.

My issue with their penalty is more the fact that he took steps on both feet before rolling over. If he goes down straight away you could argue it but he has clearly gone down after the fact when there's no chance for him to score. 

Nevermind, next week we play Sunderland and if I remember correctly we put 3 past them with no reply last time we played them...

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, eardun said:

First time I’ve seen Weimann lack energy. He looked too knackered to close down. The guy had too much time on the edge of the box. 

The problem is we didn't mark their player just outside the box. The same happened a few times in the first half. These are strong professionals and can belt a ball in the back of the net from there. Had he been marked the shot and deflection wouldn't have happened.

Not at all displeased with City’s performance. Very displeased with the referee. 

First half we were by far the better team and deserved more than a one goal lead. As they did throughout the match, Hull frequently left something on our players in challenges yet the ref unbelievably kept his cards in his pocket. 

Second half we were more under the cosh but defended well. The award of their penalty was a joke after which Hull seemed content to waste time, happy with a point. The deflected goal in the 93rd minute was predictable, disappointing and undeserved. 

Concerned to see Vyner in the starting lineup but he played well. Only Dasilva seemed somewhat under par. Naismith was my motm - looks a class above our other defenders. 

Imo Hull will struggle this season. If we play as we did today and can avoid that ref, we certainly won’t. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Have you seen the goal? What is anyone supposed to do about that? I've been critical in the past but we looked fine today. Extremely unlucky. There'll be days when we get the luck.

Really!!!

When???

We said that all of last season.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

I appreciate it was a fluke. We found all sorts of ways to concede injury time goals last season. I hope it has changed and this was purely bad luck. 

• Flames 1
9 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Looked like a foul that’s given anywhere on the pitch except the penalty area 

I've looked a few times and I'm not so sure it's a pen. That said if theirs was given ours should have been if that is the threshold.

Well maybe having looked again- but it's not exactly a stonewall or blatant one is it.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous