IGNORED

Hull City away match day thread

8 minutes ago, chinapig said:

His loss is a huge blow. Without his power and pace we are nowhere near as threatening. His mere presence scares defenders and creates space for others. Let's hope he is back in September but with our record of underestimating how long players will be out I'm not holding my breath.

I think we have a dilemma with Scott as well. He is an 8 not a 10 so we are unlikely to get the best out of him playing 3-4-1-2. But we don't really have the players to suit 4-3-3.

Yes, we need him on the ball. He found it hard to do that today in a team with our limitations.

I thought Conway for Scott was a good change. Conway has something about him. 

• Like 4

Plenty of positives and plenty of negatives. With a fit Semenyo we’ll have a chance of playoffs. If he misses a third or more of the season again, we will be similarly placed as last season. 

I have some issues but it is too early in the season to moan too much imo. Get Semenyo fit and then see how good we are. 

• Like 1

Don't worry eveyrone.........go onto the main Bristol City website...and apparently we won 2-1.     I suppose eventually they will wake up from their coma's and correct it............great to see they have started the season as they mean to go on?............what a a bunch of To**ers! ?

Edited by maxjak
28 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

As much as this seems like a bit of a dramatic take from CC, I do have sympathy with the underlying point.

Professional football matches should not be influenced by decisions as poor as the penalty decision we saw today. It makes a mockery of the league, and it's an insult to the players and managers that put so much effort into competing.

Some will claim that it evens itself out over time - that certainly doesn't appear to be the case for us. Last season we were awarded the least penalties in the league, whilst also conceding the most in the league. Since the start of the 2018/19 season we've been awarded penalties less frequently than any team in Europe's top 31 leagues.

Perhaps I'm just a bit hot-headed following today's game, but I'm sick of seeing my team drop points to poor officiating at a rate far higher than most teams experience. It's unacceptable.

Our biggest problem getting pens is that we rarely attack the box. Much of our play revolves around passing across the box or moving the ball to create space. If we had played driving at defenders forcing them to make decisions. Naismith and Sykes looked like good signings. Hull were very physical from kickoff and we need to match that. Frustrating but it's only game 1.

Edited by Pippintogg
Spelling mistake
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Don't worry eveyrone.........go onto the main Bristol City website...and apparently we won 2-1.     I suppose eventually they will wake up from their coma's and correct it............great to see they have started the season as they mean to go on?............what a a bunch of To**ers! ?

They have Klosse as an unused sub too

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Pippintogg said:

Our biggest problem getting pens is that we rarely attack the box. Much of our play revolves around passing across the box or moving the ball to create space. If we had played driving at defenders forcing them to make decisions. Naismith and Smith looked like good signings. Hull were very physical from kickoff and we need to match that. Frustrating but it's only game 1.

Is Smith a new signing I have missed?

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

It’s a mistake. Bit harsh to call them tossers.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Yes, we need him on the ball. He found it hard to do that today in a team with our limitations.

I thought Conway for Scott was a good change. Conway has something about him. 

I hope we give Conway a start at Coventry. In Semenyo's absence it's worth a look at least.

• Like 3

Lots of positives from today. Pearson‘s got a good nucleus and has them playing to a plan/mindset. And he’s done it with no money.  But we’re v vulnerable to the effect of injuries. When fit, this lot can compete, even, with a bit of luck, challenge. But 3/4 key players out ( and usually by Christmas our tally is 5/7) and it could get iffy v quickly. Lot rides on August- got to keep Scott and Antoine and bring in at least 1 more, which means shifting out some more deadwood. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Selred said:

It’s a mistake. Bit harsh to call them tossers.

When u come home from a 12 hour shift on a Saturday....turn on your computer and see that we have won away on the first game of he season....only to find it's a mistake by someone who just had to type in two numbers......which they are incapable of managing to do.....then tosser's they are IMHO......sorry if your offended!?

• Like 1

Too early to panic but if we only bring in three fresh faces to a side that was fortunate not to be relegated, and two of the three are from lower divisions, then one must expect this season to be as up and down as last.

We are three championship or above level of players short of a picnic.

However, poor Nige must continue to speak positively as he attempts to make silk purses out of sows’ ears.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Too early to panic but if we only bring in three fresh faces to a side that was fortunate not to be relegated, and two of the three are from lower divisions, then one must expect this season to be as up and down as last.

However, poor Nige must continue to speak positively as he attempts to make silk purses out of sows’ ears.

How were we fortunate not to be relegated?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
54 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I can imagine...with out even seeing it, i can guess it's dubious?.  I fully appreciate it's always fine margins between 2 equally-ish matched sides.........but why is it always us they end up on the wrong end of it?  When i can get round to it, i will watch the high/low lights.......just pissed off that it's yet another bad luck story??

W ⚓️ 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, petehinton said:

We didn’t need to kill them off imo. They were creating absolutely nothing. I’m far happier as a fan of us, based on how we played, despite losing compared to how Hull were 

Fair shout fella, good to hear we looked ok.

maybe I am too Arsene Wenger to your Jose Mourinho.

I guess just frustrated that we have started the season off losing points in injury time again.

Have a safe trip back

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

We were 7th in the form table last 10 games of the season. We had one of the top goalscorers im the league and third top assister. I admit there were a couple of games that really worried me like the coventry away match, but we were not fortunate.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Yawn!.........how very glib and unoriginal...if you have something relevant to say.......then say it, don't hide behind your keyboard?

How about you don't bother commenting and coming to you're conclusion on a game you've not even seen and others have? Watch it then tell everyone what you think, we were robbed end of.

• Like 2

Nige on Radio Bristol:

"We've played well, we don't deserve to lose but I'm afraid you can't do a lot about that when circumstances pan out like they did.

"We feel really aggrieved with the equaliser that they got and that we didn't get a penalty almost straight after that. Their winner is just one of those things that sometimes happens in games, a big deflection which gives you no chance.

"There's absolutely nothing [contact for the Hull penalty] and to be honest with you, their player should have been booked for falling over afterwards. I just find it quite bizarre really. But I don't want to start moaning about referees on day one, I actually spoke to Kevin Friend before the game.

"We did OK for long periods in the game, we didn't quite pass the ball as well as we can do in the second half but we've had opportunities. Tommy Conway had a chance when he went on, Jay had a shot across the goal. We've put them under pressure but it's a disappointing end to a very promising performance."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Hull manager reaction: below

My reaction: 1/ yeah, until it happens to you in three weeks’ time and then it will be 100 per cent not a penalty. 
2/ if you think he was a yard and a half away from the goal, then your judgement is severely impaired. 

"I believe Benjamin [Tetteh] had the time to really make a goal so I should not think why would he go down, they didn't break his leg but probably they touched him enough to get this penalty. It was a yard away, one-and-a half yards away from the goal. 

"I don't want to say it's 100%, but it's a penalty which was almost a goal so he would not go down, that's what I want to believe."

Just back home from the match - my views are:

These things happen

Naismith was in charge - a while since we've had someone that is in charge - brilliant signing

Sykes looks useful

Scott looked lost (grabs helmet)

Vyner was great (grabs body armour!)

Edited by Hxj
  • Like 10
  • Haha 3
  • Robin 1
17 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Hull manager reaction: below

My reaction: 1/ yeah, until it happens to you in three weeks’ time and then it will be 100 per cent not a penalty. 
2/ if you think he was a yard and a half away from the goal, then your judgement is severely impaired. 

"I believe Benjamin [Tetteh] had the time to really make a goal so I should not think why would he go down, they didn't break his leg but probably they touched him enough to get this penalty. It was a yard away, one-and-a half yards away from the goal. 

"I don't want to say it's 100%, but it's a penalty which was almost a goal so he would not go down, that's what I want to believe."

Yes, well, there are a lot of people these days who want to believe nonsense so him wanting to believe it was a penalty doesn't mean it was.

• Like 1