IGNORED

Make it easy PAY ON DAY V Sunderland

Topper 123

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

No idea but I can’t see any way this is made POTD or indeed why it should be.

Just imagine the chaos if thousands turn up that then can't get tickets. I remember years ago when Cardiff was pay on the day and about 35,000 turned up, thousands ended up being locked out it was lucky nobody got injured.

• Confused 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, pillred said:

Just imagine the chaos if thousands turn up that then can't get tickets. I remember years ago when Cardiff was pay on the day and about 35,000 turned up, thousands ended up being locked out it was lucky nobody got injured.

Sounds more like a Leeds / Rovers story

• Haha 6

15 hours ago, Magger1 said:

I’m hoping city make it easy to purchase PAY ON DAY tickets for next sat home game with nearly 21000 sold let’s hit the 25000 COYR 

Make it easy for people to make a last minute decision & decide to pop down, rather than those who have bought their tickets well in advance..? 

I'd far prefer it was a capacity (whatever that is for this game) sell out & there weren't any tickets available for people who to buy on the day. 

If there are POTD tickets available, then surely it will be the usual case of queuing at the ticket office, hopefully needing to show ID. 

Either way - hope it's a big crowd & great atmosphere without the regular nonsense of having things thrown at players etc. 

Both clubs should be heading into the game/season with confidence & hopes of a decent season & hopefully it will be a great day (& the mackems graciously accept they've been beaten by the better team!) 

15 hours ago, Magger1 said:

I’m hoping city make it easy to purchase PAY ON DAY tickets for next sat home game with nearly 21000 sold let’s hit the 25000 COYR 

4000 fans City and Sunderland queuing at the ticket office with 4 / 5 windows open. 2-5 minutes per transaction. I'm not doing the maths but I guess the last in line will get in the ground sometime late Saturday night, early Sunday morning.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Red-Al said:

But what about the fans that don't drink,what are we offered cheaper,

You remind me of a guy I used to manage who refused to go to any work Christmas functions so expected to be paid the £30 the company put up for each person to attend

Funny thing a guitar shop near me has a discount on guitars at the moment, but I don't play the guitar I wonder if Tesco can give me some cheap Tea bags across the road instead?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Red-Al said:

But what about the fans that don't drink,what are we offered cheaper,

Just as an FYI, you don’t HAVE to spend money inside a football stadium. You are only in there for about 2 hours. Just eat before the game and have a glass of water or buy a bottle of the water from a shop for £1.50

• Like 2

Why shouldn’t fans be able to buy a ticket on the day for home sections 

the away fans section is probably already sold out around 3000k I’d say ?

so whether or not tickets are available on the day your saying there will be THOUSANDS of away fans outside , bollox , why don’t that happen at every other game in league then playoffs/  chance of promotion etc  tickets from ticket offices should be made available at all games on match day if available all I’m saying is make it easier for the walk up fan to purchase 

7 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

so whether or not tickets are available on the day your saying there will be THOUSANDS of away fans outside , bollox , why don’t that happen at every other game in league then playoffs/  chance of promotion etc  tickets from ticket offices should be made available at all games on match day if available all I’m saying is make it easier for the walk up fan to purchase 

Easier, how..? 

If people choose not to buy them in advance & avoid queuing - that how to the club make it easier - not knowing how many that would be or where they'd be coming from...? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Just as an FYI, you don’t HAVE to spend money inside a football stadium. You are only in there for about 2 hours. Just eat before the game and have a glass of water or buy a bottle of the water from a shop for £1.50

I already take my bottle of water, £1.50 ,you are joking

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Funny thing a guitar shop near me has a discount on guitars at the moment, but I don't play the guitar I wonder if Tesco can give me some cheap Tea bags across the road instead?

Well, here’s your chance.

What an ideal opportunity to take advantage of the discount, buy yourself a cheap guitar and start having some lessons ?.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magger1 said:

You said we have sold 21000 Lets hit 25000, citing pay on the day as the likely outlet for these extra 4000 tickets. No on said there will be thousands of away fans. However if you put tickets on sale, on the day then there will be a number of Sunderland fans that turn up and buy tickets in the home end. It was YOU that suggested putting 4000 tickets up for pay on the day.

2 hours ago, Magger1 said:

Isn't POTD available for every home game if it isn't sold out? 

How could it be easier? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

The wording was interesting when mentioning the 21,000.

It never states 21,000 home tickets sold. 

I wonder if that number also includes Sunderlands allocation, so we've only sold 18,000 home tickets (approx) 

The ticket count is now officially over 22000 and yes that includes away but that’s already up there with the best last season with a week or more to go , brilliant 

• Like 1