IGNORED

S82 Displays - 'Crowdfunding' (Link)

James

Morning all,

It was probably noticeable that last season we were less 'active' in terms of choreographed displays etc. A combination of a few things, largely coming down to the core members of S82 having less time (And money!) to plan/arrange etc. I think also, that (without purporting to speak 'for' anyone) given the 12 months or so that preceded it. We all just needed a bit of a break!

Going in to this season, it does feel like a bit of a fresh start. And there is an appetite within us to revitalise the more visual aspect of what we 'do'.

Although unfortunately, on top of the time commitments there is obviously the fiscal element too...

As some of you will know, we do operate sticker (and limited merchandise) sales, both through our website - https://section82.bigcartel.com/ - and also 'in person' on Match Days from El Rincon (The Spanish Bar) on North Street. From which ALL profits are recycled in to the pot. So you can support us through purchases made in either way.

Whilst completely understanding that 'spare change' isn't something synonymous with many peoples current circumstances, We have also set up the below 'crowd funding' page. Which if you are able (and would like) to contribute to, donations of any size would be gratefully received.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/section-82?utm_term=83emJ4BNr

All being well, we've got some big plans for the season ahead. Starting with Sunderland (H) and in memory of everyone's mate, Stoney Garnett.

S82 ?⚪

600x200

• Like 4
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 3

13 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Call me an old ********** but to paraphrase the rt honourable John Major, I'd like to see that corner get back to basics, with a little less displaying and a little more singing (and maybe dancing, to throw in a bit of Mike Gatting for good measure).

Making up spontaneous chants and singing is what the section should concentrate on - sound creates atmosphere and banners and signs don’t. They’re  useless and completely pointless 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Making up spontaneous chants and singing is what the section should concentrate on - sound creates atmosphere and banners and signs don’t. They’re  useless and completely pointless 

I know you obsessively devote a great deal of time to trying to get a rise out of people.. but is there really any need for a comment like that? For what it's worth, I think the banners, flags and displays are great and because of your petty comment I have decided to donate.

• Like 14
  • Flames 2

I'd like to respond to the 2 suggestions by the 2 posters suggesting how other fans should support to maybe look at themselves first.  

If visuals are so pointless, why have GIFs on here?

Surely you should get back to basics in terms of your posting by going GIFless. Concentrate on the quality of your posts.  

Edited by The Bard

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I know you obsessively devote a great deal of time to trying to get a rise out of people.. but is there really any need for a comment like that? For what it's worth, I think the banners, flags and displays are great and because of your petty comment I have decided to donate.

PF - in my opinion banners, signs and flags do absolutely nothing in creating atmosphere whereas signing and chanting does create atmosphere and I’m all for it - especially as I moved stands and have a much better view of the section.

If three of the four  stands was filled with banners and flags than would look very intimidating to the opposition but AG is not Anfield!

Calling my opinion ‘petty’ is a misunderstanding on your part.

47 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Call me an old ********** but to paraphrase the rt honourable John Major, I'd like to see that corner get back to basics, with a little less displaying and a little more singing (and maybe dancing, to throw in a bit of Mike Gatting for good measure).

People then moan about what’s being sung. Anyone else in the ground is perfectly able to get their own chants going if they’re not happy with S82. Won’t happen though.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Oh wow, do you mean the comment he made on the link or the one your quoting?

The comment on the link is disgusting really.

11 minutes ago, Selred said:

Every thread about chants you shoot down. You are the opposite of "all for it".

What I’m amused about of is songs and chants composed on here - ones we never ever hear at AG. If you call my opinion on songs /chants critical then you’d be completely wrong

S82 imo needs to change its image. We Are Fighters  banner is not a good look. Throwing smoke bombs and allowing kids to run on the pitch from that corner are also a bad look. Constantly barracking a corner taker and throwing objects onto the field of play, also not good. Concentrate on the singing and less of the theatrics.

Edited by Sir Geoff
edit text
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

ones we never ever hear at AG

That's because you're deaf. 

The Alex Scott chant, sang home and away. And you've never heard it back in Jan. So I don't think we should use you as a barometer of songs. If you're "all for it" then perhaps just allow people to make chants on him, on the off chance you do here it. Anyway let's not derail this thread further.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They’re  useless and completely pointless 

Bit like most of your 'opinions' then.

Always to the extreme. Why do you debase threads so often?

Grow up. If it was a democracy on here you'd be banned in a instant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

S82 imo needs to change its image. We Are Fighters  banner is not a good look. Throwing smoke bombs and allowing kids to run on the pitch from that corner are also a bad look. Constantly barracking a corner taker and throwing objects onto the field of play, also not good. Concentrate on the singing and less of the theatrics.

What's the problem with giving the opposition players a hard time?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Planning, organising and thinking ahead of the game, makes and creates a fantastic atmosphere, which should be applauded.   I would love to see what you come up with spontaneously?...........then again I really don't think i would?...........You continue to excel at having no idea?

• Like 1

Robbored - proving yet again there's no thread he can't derail and debase simply by posting on it. ?

Come on folks it was a transparent and obvious attempt to provoke a reaction and as usual that's what he got and mission accomplished.

Don't bite next time.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

11 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Robbored - proving yet again there's no thread he can't derail and debase simply by posting on it. ?

Come on folks it was a transparent and obvious attempt to provoke a reaction and as usual that's what he got and mission accomplished.

Don't bite next time.

I think it’s right that it gets pointed out actually.

Everyone knows what he’s up to, but it’s not just some tongue in cheek attempt at a wind up.. quite often there’s a slightly nastier edge to his comments. In this instance - trying to undermine a group of people who try and improve the atmosphere at games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

That corner is the only reason Ashton gate isn’t an absolute morgue. Without it Ashton gate would be another stadium mk in terms of atmosphere so they don’t need to concentrate on singing anymore than they do already.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, James said:

Morning all,

It was probably noticeable that last season we were less 'active' in terms of choreographed displays etc. A combination of a few things, largely coming down to the core members of S82 having less time (And money!) to plan/arrange etc. I think also, that (without purporting to speak 'for' anyone) given the 12 months or so that preceded it. We all just needed a bit of a break!

Going in to this season, it does feel like a bit of a fresh start. And there is an appetite within us to revitalise the more visual aspect of what we 'do'.

Although unfortunately, on top of the time commitments there is obviously the fiscal element too...

As some of you will know, we do operate sticker (and limited merchandise) sales, both through our website - https://section82.bigcartel.com/ - and also 'in person' on Match Days from El Rincon (The Spanish Bar) on North Street. From which ALL profits are recycled in to the pot. So you can support us through purchases made in either way.

Whilst completely understanding that 'spare change' isn't something synonymous with many peoples current circumstances, We have also set up the below 'crowd funding' page. Which if you are able (and would like) to contribute to, donations of any size would be gratefully received.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/section-82?utm_term=83emJ4BNr

All being well, we've got some big plans for the season ahead. Starting with Sunderland (H) and in memory of everyone's mate, Stoney Garnett.

S82 ?⚪

600x200

Great work . Just donated. ?

10 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

That corner is the only reason Ashton gate isn’t an absolute morgue. Without it Ashton gate would be another stadium mk in terms of atmosphere so they don’t need to concentrate on singing anymore than they do already.

I completely agree with that and I think that it’s a real shame that the section is tucked away in the corner of the SS. Ideally they should be in the Atyeo but there are logistical reasons for that not happening largely down to A&S police who want to keep away fans having easy exiting from AG.

One drawback of having an impressive redevelopment is the loss of the old Wedlocks or EE where home fans would congregate and make a terrific amount of noise which spilled out onto the pitch because of the acoustics - a similar phenomenon happens when just a few away fans in the Atyeo can make so much noise.

LJ used complain about the lack of atmosphere at AG but it wasn’t only his style of play that effected it - it was the realignment of where the away are placed.

• Like 1

I stand In that corner and enjoy it. The section 82 try their hardest to get the atmosphere going even though sometimes it’s difficult. I’ve seen posts on here saying S82 are this and that , stop throwing things, stop singing over us. It’s fake news ( there’s a thing) whilst I don’t enjoy some of the chants , probably a age thing, I will be handing some cash over on the Sunderland game. Fair play to them. Sometimes it’s brilliant in that part of the ground, give me that any day of the week 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KegCity said:

What's the problem with giving the opposition players a hard time?

It's funny the first time and maybe the second time. But tiresome after that particularly when it is accompanied with objects being thrown, as happened on a few occasions last season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

It's funny the first time and maybe the second time. But tiresome after that particularly when it is accompanied with objects being thrown, as happened on a few occasions last season.

If the object throwing continues next season , With the clampdown , we will be right up in the lead for a partial ground closure ,......or worse.

We have burnt our nine lives

Lets see what the reaction is then

• Like 3

• Admin
1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

If the object throwing continues next season , With the clampdown , we will be right up in the lead for a partial ground closure ,......or worse.

No we won't, the line has been drawn in the sand with the announcement earlier in the week that individuals will now be facing much more severe punishments.

Considering A&S have always looked for a higher number of banning orders previously compared to other forces it's going to be zero tolerance now across the board. 

Compared to what has been happening at a vast number of other grounds up and down the country Ashton Gate has been relatively quiet in comparison. 

Towards the end of the season it was recognised behaviour had improved at the ground so major problems could be behind us now anyway 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Don’t think it’s meant to be funny. It’s an attempt to create a hostile atmosphere for opposition. Whether you think it works or not is your opinion. Can’t want our ground to be a fortress and then moan about people trying to do that.

Not a dig at you personally, but what are the detractors of S82 doing to create an atmosphere that is better than the “singing section’s” efforts? A lot of people like to moan about them but it would be silent in the ground without them.

3 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Utter waffle.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1