Jump to content
IGNORED

Nick Anderton (Bristol Rovers)


42104RED
 Share

Recommended Posts

Can someone please summarise what's happened? Really don't want to click/view the rovers website, especially if it then leaves cookies on my phone and me then seeing rovers adverts on other websites! 

  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Akira said:

Can someone please summarise what's happened? Really don't want to click/view the rovers website, especially if it then leaves cookies on my phone and me then seeing rovers adverts on other websites! 

Bristol Rovers can confirm that defender Nick Anderton has been diagnosed with Osteosarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer.

As a result of this, Nick will undergo an operation in the coming weeks to remove this part of the bone.

Nick has issued the following statement:

"Unfortunately, this rare form of cancer which is affecting my femur means that I’ll be undergoing an operation in the coming weeks.
 
"This diagnosis has come as a huge shock to both myself and my family; however, we are remaining positive and hopeful.
 
"I want to thank everyone at Bristol Rovers, especially Club Doctor Ian Ferguson and Head of Medical Stuart Leake, the specialists at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Birmingham and my family for their continued support.
 
I want to wish the boys all the best for the upcoming season, starting this Saturday back at The Mem. Hopefully I can be swinging off another traffic light on Gloucester Road come May! 🚦
 
Nick 💙"
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a person who lost someone close to a similarly rare bone cancer recently, my heart genuinely goes out to him and his family.

Hope he makes a full recovery and best wishes to him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Martin89 said:

Bristol Rovers can confirm that defender Nick Anderton has been diagnosed with Osteosarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer.

As a result of this, Nick will undergo an operation in the coming weeks to remove this part of the bone.

Nick has issued the following statement:

"Unfortunately, this rare form of cancer which is affecting my femur means that I’ll be undergoing an operation in the coming weeks.
 
"This diagnosis has come as a huge shock to both myself and my family; however, we are remaining positive and hopeful.
 
"I want to thank everyone at Bristol Rovers, especially Club Doctor Ian Ferguson and Head of Medical Stuart Leake, the specialists at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Birmingham and my family for their continued support.
 
I want to wish the boys all the best for the upcoming season, starting this Saturday back at The Mem. Hopefully I can be swinging off another traffic light on Gloucester Road come May! 🚦
 
Nick 💙"

Thanks. 

 

That's absolutely awful news. Fingers crossed he makes a good recovery 🙏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having fought bowel cancer (and won...so far) I wish him all the best for his battle ahead.

The Docs can do great things with many types of cancer nowadays, best of luck with your fight NA.

  • Like 10
  • Robin 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopefully the op proves successful, cancer is an awful disease that unfortunately still takes far too many lives.

Football allegiances mean nothing when something like this is involved. Really hope that there is some positive news on the end of this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Having fought bowel cancer (and won...so far) I wish him all the best for his battle ahead.

The Docs can do great things with many types of cancer nowadays, best of luck with your fight NA.

Same here very recent as well so strikes a chord.

I wish you all the best young man, stay strong, stay positive and hopefully you make a full and speedy recovery.

My thoughts are with you and your family

  • Like 2
  • Robin 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...