IGNORED

Huddersfield v Burnley

Lanterne Rouge

As we are aware, coming back after losing a play-off final is a deflating task. The loss is still lingering, and players and fans know deep down the almighty effort it took to get there won’t realistically be repeated. I can see Huddersfield struggling this season. 

Burnley look good, like our Nige Kompany speaks a lot of sense around culture and recruitment. He actually seems quite old school in his approach. In a weird way he could be a good fit for Burnley, although given their squad and budget he can’t be truly soaked in praise until they perform in the division above. 

8 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Your probably right about Huddersfield, promoting the Assistant usually ends in disaster too as we know all too well! Must say I wasn't expecting much from Burnley given Kompany didn't do very well with Anderlecht but they look so fluid in attack with players swapping positions throughout and their full backs are practically Wingers.

Movement is very good but how much is that down to Huddersfield being rabbits in the headlights . If burnley are still opening teams up like this in October fair enough .

also , there’s no way they have this tempo 15-20 games into the season . 38 games kompany is used to in the prem. don’t know how many they play at a slower pace in Belgium . This pace for 46 games. No chance 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

They’ll just yo-yo in the league. One season relegation flirts, one season play off contenders. 

Like most teams in this league without Parachute Payments, you get your one chance every 5 or 6 years to reach the promised land with a good season where it all comes together. If you take it then your club is transformed overnight, if not then its all about staying in the Championship until the next oppurtunity arises. They are in the same boat as us in fairness.

I’m glad you posted this. It makes me feel slightly less of a berk for my hasty comment after 10-15 minutes, at which point it all seemed a bit frantic to me. It’s true that Burnley have owned the game since then, and all credit to them for that, but some of it is down to the fact that Huddersfield buckled in the face of it. Be interesting to see if they can respond second half.

(This was posted in response to Stevieneville’s comment about the pace of Burnley’s approach, by the way.)

Edited by CliftonCliff
Clarification