IGNORED

Marvin Brown

phantom

Great news that the surgery went well.All the best Marvin.As someone that had someone they love get the same as you had I would take it as a personal favour if you kick the crap out of it and make a full and fast recovery.I think I can also add that you are my second favourite City player ever.......

called Marvin.

All the best ,from a bowel cancer survivor; mine was attacked from the bottom..literally; the only cut was around the tumor which luckily was reachable from the rear on the op table and via a rather large tube/ pipe. The hole cut in bowel wall was also sewn up from the inside.

Many MRI/CT/Ultra sound scans and 3yrs passed by since then all clear of any spread, in fact we went away to Dorset 2 days after op for a week.

Certainly puts other things like bills, debts, noisy nieghbours and even football into perspective.

I thank the Docs/nurses etc who first referred me to Chelt Hospital and those who removed that killer thing from me in the knick of time.

So again Marvin hope you really smash this now and are now on the road to recovery.

To the rest of you readers, whatever age, pain and or blood down there get it looked at asap time is so important; get it checked wasting time could cost you your life

Edited by gl2

2 hours ago, gl2 said:

All the best ,from a bowel cancer survivor; mine was attacked from the bottom..literally; the only cut was around the tumor which luckily was reachable from the rear on the op table and via a rather large tube/ pipe. The hole cut in bowel wall was also sewn up from the inside.

Many MRI/CT/Ultra sound scans and 3yrs passed by since then all clear of any spread, in fact we went away to Dorset 2 days after op for a week.

Certainly puts other things like bills, debts, noisy nieghbours and even football into perspective.

I thank the Docs/nurses etc who first referred me to Chelt Hospital and those who removed that killer thing from me in the knick of time.

So again Marvin hope you really smash this now and are now on the road to recovery.

To the rest of you readers, whatever age, pain and or blood down there get it looked at asap time is so important; get it checked wasting time could cost you your life

Awful news particularly in somebody so young ( I recall watching Marvin's debut.) As you correctly highlight age is no respecter when it comes to this form of cancer. If you've ANY concerns and your GP fobs you off, go back and go back and go back and give them hell, it might well save your life. If they tell you you're 'too young' or have 'no familial history', tell them to look where the sun don't shine, really, take a LOOK. I promise you won't regret it.

Early prevention is not embarrassing, nor painful, nor a waste of time. It's conducted by professionals who do this day in day out, with good humour and discretion. If dubious, think of your family and friends. Like me they'd prefer to share a glass or two with you in person on your birthday rather than when buffing the plaque on your park bench (as I now have to for good friends gone far too young )

Here's to a full and speedy recovery Marv.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1