IGNORED

Tech savy folks

Alan Dicks

13 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

You might also want to turn off your location identifier which if you use an apple device is listed in Settings/Privacy.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

@Davefevs might be abe to give you some pointers. I understand he regularly travels abroad :thumbsup:

There are free ones, though make sure you choose one that doesn't run out just before Wells scores a late winner at QPR, or something ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

How do people's 'friends' pay for the streams? Surely their friends would be paying from a UK bank account?

I pay through my Uk credit card.  The payment method doesn’t matter, it’s where (the location) you access it from that needs to be abroad.

Robinstv - paid for

Windscribe - free

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

If you also use your VPN for reverse purposes like I often do, when you’re abroad and want to be in the UK, beware SurfShark doesn’t work for Sky Sports anymore and since Brexit you do now need a vpn
Which is a bit of a pain when you’ve taken out one of their long term offers.

Edited by ralphindevon

4 hours ago, Rob k said:

Asking for another friend would this work with bbc iplayer?

I was in Qatar for a year.  The BBC iPlayer was a bit more savvy and was able to figure out I was using a VPN.  I suspect it was based on the fact that they would have an unusual number of connections from the same IP.

What I did was set up a VPN connection to my home and connected through there.  Worked perfectly.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Rob k said:

Asking for another friend would this work with bbc iplayer?

If you’re abroad you need a VPN to watch the iplayer.  I mentioned turning off your location because, there are some sites that you can’t use, Bt sports, C4, occasionally the BBC, even with a VPN, but you can with a Vpn and your locator switched off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Malago said:

If you’re abroad you need a VPN to watch the iplayer.  I mentioned turning off your location because, there are some sites that you can’t use, Bt sports, C4, occasionally the BBC, even with a VPN, but you can with a Vpn and your locator switched off.

That wasn't my experience - locator switched off, iPlayer knew I was on a VPN.  Even tried hacking the locator to show that I was in the UK, it still didn't like it.  It was a couple of years ago now though so maybe it's changed.

Hi all

Currently trying to take advantage of the £140 robinstv offer for those outside the UK.  When signing in through Opera it keeps asking me to "confirm that I'm not a robot' but doesn't provide a process to prove that I am not.  Anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks

Ok my friend was lead to believe that useing the safari search engine would allow them to access robins TV as would not be detected as in the UK. After downloading safari and trying to use it to watch robins TV . Nope it did not work

Was my friend mislead in believing safari would hide his location or are they  doing some thing wrong?

I will pass in any helpful tips 

Thanking you ?

10 hours ago, Hxj said:

Hi all

Currently trying to take advantage of the £140 robinstv offer for those outside the UK.  When signing in through Opera it keeps asking me to "confirm that I'm not a robot' but doesn't provide a process to prove that I am not.  Anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks

I have had issues in the past like this. I like Opera, but not all sites are geared to use it and you do sometimes get these anomalies, I have had success with turning off any adblockers I have installed and setting the security to it's lowest levels, but it doesn't always work.

Do you have an alternative browser like Edge or Chrome you can use just to get signed up? If not it might be worth installing one of them just to complete the form and uninstalling it again if you don't want it clogging up your device.

• Thanks 1