IGNORED

James Linnington

BCFCGav

12 minutes ago, chinapig said:

No it's just incompetence. The standard of officiating in the EFL is the worst I have ever seen.

The saying ‘never mistake for malice that which can be explained via incompetence’ applies here, I think.

Doubt this ref has an agenda against us, but I’ve zero doubt believing he’s absolutely shit at his job.

Officiating has felt awful the last few years in the Championship. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Can all the mistakes really be the same way though?

If you both have the fewest penalties awarded & most conceded that seems odd?

Also I detailed 6 last season we could have had & none of them were given.

9 conceded, 1 awarded, hmmm.

The juxtaposition of shots of the Hull owner and his entourage rejoicing and the decisions favouring his side were very uncomfortable!

I’m not the greatest fan of the Lansdowns but  as a fan base we have retained our dignity when it comes to ownership. 

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

The juxtaposition of shots of the Hull owner and his entourage rejoicing and the decisions favouring his side were very uncomfortable!

They all looked so bored for the whole game until Hull scored. It was quite ridiculous how often the camera cut to them.

You only sing when you're winning.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

They all looked so bored for the whole game until Hull scored. It was quite ridiculous how often the camera cut to them.

You only sing when you're winning.

Yep. Sadly for me they are my in-laws’ team. Which is challenging! Hull’s embrace of anyone promising the Earth speaks volumes for the lack of confidence of the place - it’s been through hard times - unlike Bristol. They grasp at straws. But it is irritating that they have such a hex over us!

2 hours ago, Mayes86 said:

They need to make refs come out an explain their big decisions after games. If seen some shockers over the years but that “penalty” is right up there with the worst of the worst. 

I've been saying this for years.

Managers and players are questioned about their actions but refs are allowed to hide behind their incompetence.

• Like 1

Someone please correct me on the stats but of ~620 teams surveyed, we received the fewest penalties over the last 2 or 3 seasons. When you’re bottom of a list of north of 600 teams, and you spent a big wedge of that time as an attacking side who spent a good amount of time in opposition penalty areas, do you not have to at least ask the EFL, what gives?

Spending 3 months counting down the days for the new season just to be shafted by a referee again… I desperately hope we’re presenting this data to the EFL.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Let's not go down the road of saying the EFL have it in for us, or there is a conspiracy against us- I doubt it...are we noteworthy enough for one.

Okay bit flippant there and tbh it's only a handful but no there is no particular reason rationality wise for the EFL or refs verbatim  to have it in for us.

You’re right.

However I’m really struggling here with any rational explanation, last season (alongside Birmingham) we conceded the most penalties (9), several of which (a blatant dive by the Huddersfield player, for one) were absolutely shocking decisions.

Alongside our Welsh friends, Cardiff & Swansea, we were awarded the fewest penalties (1), I detailed 6 that were nailed on that we didn’t get, such as Dasilva at Fulham, Scott v QPR & Forest, first minute Coventry away,  etc, etc.

I don’t buy that refs have it in for us, but we are consistently being poorly served here.

If we were say, awarded 5 & conceded 7, it is sort of evening itself out, but as today has shown, it is nowhere near.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Let's not go down the road of saying the EFL have it in for us, or there is a conspiracy against us- I doubt it...are we noteworthy enough for one.

You know as well as the I that the EFL have a grim and determined vendetta against The Derby County Football Club Ltd. 

We also know that they are nowhere near competent enough to run and maintain two grudge campaigns against two middling EFL clubs.

So they cannot possibly have a conspiracy against us because they're too busy running their conspiracy against Derby.

Steve Gibson though...he'd have the time...maybe he's the unseen hand behind all of our really quite minor misfortune.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

@steviestevienevillethis is right up your street,otib is not content with slagging players off who were not playing but we are slagging refs off who were not reffing 

Nah, I'm sure it was just a preemptive strike before he has an undoubtedly poor performance whenever he is next appointed to officiate one of our matches....as they all seem to.  

The penalty awarded was nothing short of farcical and looked worse with every replay. 

Absolutely shocking decision for the pen. The delay by the player to go down is up there with some of the worst imo, looked Neymar-esque! The only thing he has in common with Neymar.

But the standard of officiating today was utter shite. Genuinely don't know how it's so bad, when it's meant tk be one of the best and most competitive leagues in the world. Ref's are well below the standard needed. 

I was worried the referee was going to cost us from quite early on. The first challenge on Sykes was a shocker, deliberately late, studs up and high. You could easily make a case for a red, but the guy wasn't even booked. Sykes continued to get kicked around, until he finally came off. 

My stream was playing up around the point of the penalty, but from what I have seen, it was like a slow motion version of what Tomlin did in his incident yesterday, laughable.

800+ fans spending good money to travel, players working their socks off to prepare and then produce in the game, all wasted by sheer incompetence.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I was worried the referee was going to cost us from quite early on. The first challenge on Sykes was a shocker, deliberately late, studs up and high. You could easily make a case for a red, but the guy wasn't even booked. Sykes continued to get kicked around, until he finally came off. 

My stream was playing up around the point of the penalty, but from what I have seen, it was like a slow motion version of what Tomlin did in his incident yesterday, laughable.

800+ fans spending good money to travel, players working their socks off to prepare and then produce in the game, all wasted by sheer incompetence.

At what point are the officials going to start being made accountable for not performing to an acceptable standard?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

At what point are the officials going to start being made accountable for not performing to an acceptable standard?

I guess part of the problem is that there aren't enough referees around for the incompetent ones to be demoted for poor performance. We seem to be left with anyone who fancied a day out on a Saturday afternoon at the moment.