IGNORED

Ex players this weekend

Jerseybean

I know many will say they aren’t interested in ex-players, which is fair enough. I took a look out of idle interest O’Dowda got the assist for Cardiff’s goal, Cundy started for Barnsley but was subbed at half time, Moore played 90 minutes for Shrewsbury, Bakinson was an unused sub and Palmer came off the bench after 62 minutes for Coventry in front of nearly 41,000!

Flint scored 5/10 for Stoke with their manager saying ‘In terms of defending set-pieces I'm not sure we've got any personnel in the building that would have given us any more added strength in that situation. We changed the markers at half-time because we were concerned about it. We've used markers in a semi-zonal system, so there are different areas.’

Pack was apparently a 9/10 and the best player on the park in Pompey’s draw v Sheffield Wednesday even chipping in with an assist.

We all know how Tomlin’s debut for Donny ended! 

• Like 9

Of those who left us this summer only O’Dowda & Palmer got a gig at our current level,

O’Dowda was credited with the assist for Cardiff’s goal, so fair play to him, that’s a very decent start.

I saw Palmer’s complete non event of a sub appearance today (he still gives away those ridiculous free kicks late on).

Bakinson didn’t even get off the bench in L1 & Cundy got the hook at Plymouth at HT.

I read one of the regular contributors to the Post say that some of those we have moved on this summer could bite us on the arse, I’m genuinely baffled as to who he is possibly referring to.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Of those who left us this summer only O’Dowda & Palmer got a gig at our current level,

O’Dowda was credited with the assist for Cardiff’s goal, so fair play to him, that’s a very decent start.

I saw Palmer’s complete non event of a sub appearance today (he still gives away those ridiculous free kicks late on).

Bakinson didn’t even get off the bench in L1 & Cundy got the hook at Plymouth at HT.

I read one of the regular contributors to the Post say that some of those we have moved on this summer could bite us on the arse, I’m genuinely baffled as to who he is possibly referring to.

It’s one of those (and this is a criticism of what classes as an “assist” as opposed to a criticism of COD) where it’ll show in the stats but isn’t really something where he had a key involvement. Had the ball wide and passed to Sawyers edge of the box/20 yards out - Sawyers with the finish but still lots to do. 

Sorry, assists are a real bugbear of mine. The last pass isn’t always the key involvement in the goal.

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

I know many will say they aren’t interested in ex-players, which is fair enough. I took a look out of idle interest O’Dowda got the assist for Cardiff’s goal, Cundy started for Barnsley but was subbed at half time, Moore played 90 minutes for Shrewsbury, Bakinson was an unused sub and Palmer came off the bench after 62 minutes for Coventry in front of nearly 41,000!

Flint scored 5/10 for Stoke with their manager saying ‘In terms of defending set-pieces I'm not sure we've got any personnel in the building that would have given us any more added strength in that situation. We changed the markers at half-time because we were concerned about it. We've used markers in a semi-zonal system, so there are different areas.’

Pack was apparently a 9/10 and the best player on the park in Pompey’s draw v Sheffield Wednesday even chipping in with an assist.

We all know how Tomlin’s debut for Donny ended! 

Moore isn't an ex-player (yet).

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s one of those (and this is a criticism of what classes as an “assist” as opposed to a criticism of COD) where it’ll show in the stats but isn’t really something where he had a key involvement. Had the ball wide and passed to Sawyers edge of the box/20 yards out - Sawyers with the finish but still lots to do. 

Sorry, assists are a real bugbear of mine. The last pass isn’t always the key involvement in the goal.

Fair enough, only said what I’d seen reported.

Not my favourite team but that’s a decent result first up.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

It was typical O’Dowda move.

He had the ball out wide, rather than take a risk, he brings the ball backwards and plays a 5 yard sidewards ball.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Henry said:

He had the ball out wide, rather than take a risk, he brings the ball backwards and plays a 5 yard sidewards ball.

Started in a side that beat Norwich though.

I doubt he’s remotely bothered what you think.

• Confused 2

55 minutes ago, Henry said:

Or , a great piece of skill to slip past his man , and Then find an unmarked team mate just outside the box 

(That’s the version without your obvious pre agenda)