IGNORED

For Dad, 1931-2022

Open End Numb Legs

What a moving post. I lost my dad last year, he took me to AG as a kid and we continued to go to games together right up until he was too ill to attend in the months before he died. It’s still strange being at the ground without him. 

RIP to all the dads watching City from the sky. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 4

I probably sat next to you in the years 1971-1975 as we always went in the open end then and sat on the ledge behind the ht scoreboard .We then moved to the east end as there was plenty of trouble in the open end back then.

I always ran on the pitch at the end to pat the players on the back(loads of us nippers did it and it was accepted as ok then),I remember the shirts being bobbly to the touch and not smooth.

Happy days ,I hope they remind you of your Dad and the time you spent together .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Great memories and great words I spent most of my younger days on crackers corner 62 years ago I made my debut with my grandfather and uncle grandad went on during 91 season often look towards that corner of the atyeo picturing those days my uncle now 83 still goes and a member of senior reds the family tradition still goes on with my bruv and nephew from the Dolman May your Dad R.I.P mate .

Hi All, thanks very much for all the kind words, I didn't expect to see so many replies so it is appreciated. I guess there are many supporters out there still with these older connections to City. My wife asked me how I could remember some of the details so clearly and I can't really explain that other than being such a young age back then, these memories seem to stick. I could name a City XI from the mid 70s but not so good in recent seasons I am embarrassed to admit, maybe that is old age creeping in for me too. Fingers crossed for Saturday, hopefully better luck with any deflections in front of goal.

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 1