Jump to content
IGNORED

Hi


iain837
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, iain837 said:

I'm Iain I'm from Glastonbury 53. I have lived in Somerset since 2001, I am from Lancashire.

I decided to make Bristol city my team, 4 seasons ago, I followed Everton as that was my local team but being in Somerset I don't get up to Lancashire that often and I have been to Aston gate  more then I ever went to goodison.

I try to get to Aston gate as often as I can but due to work I can't get to every game, I did contemplate get a season ticket but as work gets in the way 🙄 it wouldn't be cost effective. I am going to the first home game of the season 

 

You are aware you probably had some less disappointing choices you could have made, yeah?

Either way, delighted you have chosen City. Enjoy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, semblar said:

Welcome 😀

It might be worth you exploring the membership option - it costs £25 but saves you £5 per ticket so if you can make more than 5 matches in the season you should be better off

 

link to city membership page

I am already a member 😀 if I didn't have to work weekends then would definitely get a season ticket 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good to see a new poster on our otib forum. 

A few pointers 1) Share your views openly and don’t worry about posting anything controversial - but expect some flack if you do.

2) get to as many games at AG as you can. That way you’ll get to know the players which makes slagging them off easier! The membership option is an excellent suggestion as well.

3) change the Everton blue shirt in your picture to a red City one.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Good to see a new poster on our otib forum. 

A few pointers 1) Share your views openly and don’t worry about posting anything controversial - but expect some flack if you do.

2) get to as many games at AG as you can. That way you’ll get to know the players which makes slagging them off easier! The membership option is an excellent suggestion as well.

3) change the Everton blue shirt in your picture to a red City one.

4) Something about the PA system.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As you are probably aware there have been several links between City and Everton over the years, notably Joe Royle, John Bailey and errrr Gary Stanley. If you haven't listened to it then the FBC podcast interview with Joe Royle from a couple of months ago is well worth seeking out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, iain837 said:

I'm Iain I'm from Glastonbury 53. I have lived in Somerset since 2001, I am from Lancashire.

I decided to make Bristol city my team, 4 seasons ago, I followed Everton as that was my local team but being in Somerset I don't get up to Lancashire that often and I have been to Aston gate  more then I ever went to goodison.

I try to get to Aston gate as often as I can but due to work I can't get to every game, I did contemplate get a season ticket but as work gets in the way 🙄 it wouldn't be cost effective. I am going to the first home game of the season 

 

Good man Iain 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Super said:

Welcome mate. Enjoy the ups and downs of supporting this great club.

Bloody optimists, the downs far outweigh the ups, following City has certainly meant my consumption of alcohol has far exceeded government guidelines….. on occasion a very rare celebration, but more often sorrow drowning…..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

4) Something about the PA system.

I gave up on that. Got a reply from RG who essentially said it’ll be too expensive to sort out. I’ve moved stands now and the PA system in the Lansdown is perfectly fine.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I gave up on that. Got a reply from RG who essentially said it’ll be too expensive to sort out. I’ve moved stands now and the PA system in the Lansdown is perfectly fine.

I've noticed a loud whining sound in the Lansdown recently.😇

Edited by Rich
Correction
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I gave up on that. Got a reply from RG who essentially said it’ll be too expensive to sort out. I’ve moved stands now and the PA system in the Lansdown is perfectly fine.

Here's the red-top skinny on this:

"Ex minibus driver forced to move stands after uncaring Tax-exile billionaire owner refuses to pay for PA upgrade."

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rich said:

I've noticed a loud whining sound in the Lansdown recently.😇

Can’t say I’ve noticed. The  PA system over there is crystal clear.

There is a bloke several rows above me who yells ‘get it in the mixer’ every time City attack……he’s obviously enjoying himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Robbored said:

Can’t say I’ve noticed. The  PA system over there is crystal clear.

There is a bloke several rows above me who yells ‘get it in the mixer’ every time City attack……he’s obviously enjoying himself.

That's Bob the builder.😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I gave up on that. Got a reply from RG who essentially said it’ll be too expensive to sort out. I’ve moved stands now and the PA system in the Lansdown is perfectly fine.

Hahaha.

Did the same!

Not because of the PA, but my old man is getting on in years and found the trek up the Dolman steps a major challenge, so I am also in the Lansdown. The PA works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Good to see a new poster on our otib forum. 

A few pointers 1) Share your views openly and don’t worry about posting anything controversial - but expect some flack if you do.

2) get to as many games at AG as you can. That way you’ll get to know the players which makes slagging them off easier! The membership option is an excellent suggestion as well.

3) change the Everton blue shirt in your picture to a red City one.

All the ones I'm wearing a red shirt they are to big a file 

  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...