IGNORED

Hi

iain837

2 hours ago, iain837 said:

I'm Iain I'm from Glastonbury 53. I have lived in Somerset since 2001, I am from Lancashire.

I decided to make Bristol city my team, 4 seasons ago, I followed Everton as that was my local team but being in Somerset I don't get up to Lancashire that often and I have been to Aston gate  more then I ever went to goodison.

I try to get to Aston gate as often as I can but due to work I can't get to every game, I did contemplate get a season ticket but as work gets in the way ? it wouldn't be cost effective. I am going to the first home game of the season 

You are aware you probably had some less disappointing choices you could have made, yeah?

Either way, delighted you have chosen City. Enjoy!

37 minutes ago, semblar said:

Welcome ?

It might be worth you exploring the membership option - it costs £25 but saves you £5 per ticket so if you can make more than 5 matches in the season you should be better off

link to city membership page

I am already a member ? if I didn't have to work weekends then would definitely get a season ticket 

• Like 3

Good to see a new poster on our otib forum. 

A few pointers 1) Share your views openly and don’t worry about posting anything controversial - but expect some flack if you do.

2) get to as many games at AG as you can. That way you’ll get to know the players which makes slagging them off easier! The membership option is an excellent suggestion as well.

3) change the Everton blue shirt in your picture to a red City one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

A few pointers 1) Share your views openly and don’t worry about posting anything controversial - but expect some flack if you do.

2) get to as many games at AG as you can. That way you’ll get to know the players which makes slagging them off easier! The membership option is an excellent suggestion as well.

4) Something about the PA system.

• Haha 4

As you are probably aware there have been several links between City and Everton over the years, notably Joe Royle, John Bailey and errrr Gary Stanley. If you haven't listened to it then the FBC podcast interview with Joe Royle from a couple of months ago is well worth seeking out.

2 hours ago, iain837 said:

I'm Iain I'm from Glastonbury 53. I have lived in Somerset since 2001, I am from Lancashire.

I decided to make Bristol city my team, 4 seasons ago, I followed Everton as that was my local team but being in Somerset I don't get up to Lancashire that often and I have been to Aston gate  more then I ever went to goodison.

I try to get to Aston gate as often as I can but due to work I can't get to every game, I did contemplate get a season ticket but as work gets in the way ? it wouldn't be cost effective. I am going to the first home game of the season 

Good man Iain ?

• Admin
44 minutes ago, Super said:

Welcome mate. Enjoy the ups and downs of supporting this great club.

Bloody optimists, the downs far outweigh the ups, following City has certainly meant my consumption of alcohol has far exceeded government guidelines….. on occasion a very rare celebration, but more often sorrow drowning…..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I gave up on that. Got a reply from RG who essentially said it’ll be too expensive to sort out. I’ve moved stands now and the PA system in the Lansdown is perfectly fine.

I've noticed a loud whining sound in the Lansdown recently.?

Edited by Rich
Correction
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I gave up on that. Got a reply from RG who essentially said it’ll be too expensive to sort out. I’ve moved stands now and the PA system in the Lansdown is perfectly fine.

Here's the red-top skinny on this:

"Ex minibus driver forced to move stands after uncaring Tax-exile billionaire owner refuses to pay for PA upgrade."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rich said:

I've noticed a loud whining sound in the Lansdown recently.?

Can’t say I’ve noticed. The  PA system over there is crystal clear.

There is a bloke several rows above me who yells ‘get it in the mixer’ every time City attack……he’s obviously enjoying himself.

Just now, Robbored said:

Can’t say I’ve noticed. The  PA system over there is crystal clear.

There is a bloke several rows above me who yells ‘get it in the mixer’ every time City attack……he’s obviously enjoying himself.

That's Bob the builder.?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hahaha.

Did the same!

Not because of the PA, but my old man is getting on in years and found the trek up the Dolman steps a major challenge, so I am also in the Lansdown. The PA works.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

All the ones I'm wearing a red shirt they are to big a file 

• Hmmm 1