Jump to content
IGNORED

Banned for flares at Hull


1960maaan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Few things with this report. We have had threats of action before, but I haven't seen any Prem side criticised or threatened with action . Is it just a clamp down in the EFL, or have I missed It ?

As for the rest of the article, it's worse than the Bristol version. Lots of talk of "anti social behaviour " without one instance or any explanation of what happened. Pathetic Journalism . 
As for City giving someone a 3 year ban, ridiculously over the top IMO.

 

1368344186_Screenshot2022-08-02at17_55_22.png.5a3069fd5be602e8075df810c9a70786.png

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-anti-social-behaviour-7412672?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Few things with this report. We have had threats of action before, but I haven't seen any Prem side criticised or threatened with action . Is it just a clamp down in the EFL, or have I missed It ?

As for the rest of the article, it's worse than the Bristol version. Lots of talk of "anti social behaviour " without one instance or any explanation of what happened. Pathetic Journalism . 
As for City giving someone a 3 year ban, ridiculously over the top IMO.

 

1368344186_Screenshot2022-08-02at17_55_22.png.5a3069fd5be602e8075df810c9a70786.png

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-anti-social-behaviour-7412672?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

You must have missed the announcement 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Few things with this report. We have had threats of action before, but I haven't seen any Prem side criticised or threatened with action . Is it just a clamp down in the EFL, or have I missed It ?

As for the rest of the article, it's worse than the Bristol version. Lots of talk of "anti social behaviour " without one instance or any explanation of what happened. Pathetic Journalism . 
As for City giving someone a 3 year ban, ridiculously over the top IMO.

 

1368344186_Screenshot2022-08-02at17_55_22.png.5a3069fd5be602e8075df810c9a70786.png

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-anti-social-behaviour-7412672?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Absurd over reaction?  But yet again it is more about money, than any concern about protecting individuals welfare?  City know that they will be hit with financial penalties if they allow it to continue.....so they feign concern...but really it's all about protecting their bank balance.  Bundesliga clubs paid out over a million quid  in fines last season .............for flares at certain matches.   There is a market out there for anyone coming up with a harmless coloured flare equivalent......but even then the PC brigade will almost certainly find a way to outlaw it??

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Few things with this report. We have had threats of action before, but I haven't seen any Prem side criticised or threatened with action . Is it just a clamp down in the EFL, or have I missed It ?

As for the rest of the article, it's worse than the Bristol version. Lots of talk of "anti social behaviour " without one instance or any explanation of what happened. Pathetic Journalism . 
As for City giving someone a 3 year ban, ridiculously over the top IMO.

 

1368344186_Screenshot2022-08-02at17_55_22.png.5a3069fd5be602e8075df810c9a70786.png

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hull-city-anti-social-behaviour-7412672?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Mental. It seems the powers that be are determined to drain every last bit of atmosphere left on a matchday out of football in this country.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Absurd over reaction?  But yet again it is more about money, than any concern about protecting individuals welfare?  City know that they will be hit with financial penalties if they allow it to continue.....so they feign concern...but really it's all about protecting their bank balance.  Bundesliga clubs paid out over a million quid  in fines last season .............for flares at certain matches.   There is a market out there for anyone coming up with a harmless coloured flare equivalent......but even then the PC brigade will almost certainly find a way to outlaw it??

Would that be the bank account will millions in it, or the account overdrawn by tens of millions?

We all know they are banned, so why bring them.

  • Like 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

Would that be the bank account will millions in it, or the account overdrawn by tens of millions?

We all know they are banned, so why bring them.

I am at a loss to understand your reference to overdrawn bank accounts.?.........However i am not advocating their use.in their present form..........i just think a 3 year ban is an over reaction, a fine and a 6 month ban would maybe be appropriate IMHO

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I am at a loss to understand your reference to overdrawn bank accounts.?.........However i am not advocating their use.in their present form..........i just think a 3 year ban is an over reaction, a fine and a 6 month ban would maybe be appropriate IMHO

You said...

City know that they will be hit with financial penalties if they allow it to continue.....so they feign concern...but really it's all about protecting their bank balance. 

And I am pointing out the club don't have spare cash to waste or needless fines and expenses.

Didn't think it was that difficult to work out.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You said...

City know that they will be hit with financial penalties if they allow it to continue.....so they feign concern...but really it's all about protecting their bank balance. 

And I am pointing out the club don't have spare cash to waste or needless fines and expenses.

Didn't think it was that difficult to work out.

Yep i get it........but as I said,  they are protecting their bank balance and avoiding financial penalties.......at no stage did i advise them to take a different agenda?  I pointed out that they are protecting their finances? So what you have referred to is completely redundant ........as we are both on the same page?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really wish they would delete the "Confused" logo response, as it means **** All, and is pointless?.....Sad and Hmm! ...are fair enough, but  "Confused" is just a cop out, and similar to Bart's "Doh!".    If you don't get it, then respond accordingly? , but i suspect it is probably just forum members who are either too lazy or  just incapable of articulating a point of view, who mainly use it?........I now await a whole bunch of hilarious  "Confused"  responses to my post?   Ha!!

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

I really wish they would delete the "Confused" logo response, as it means **** All, and is pointless?.....Sad and Hmm! ...are fair enough, but  "Confused" is just a cop out, and similar to Bart's "Doh!".    If you don't get it, then respond accordingly? , but i suspect it is probably just forum members who are either too lazy or  just incapable of articulating a point of view, who mainly use it?........I now await a whole bunch of hilarious  "Confused"  responses to my post?   Ha!!

 

I am confused as I have no idea what you are talking about on this thread. Perfect Emoji really 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Super said:

I am confused as I have no idea what you are talking about on this thread. Perfect Emoji really 

Why? I am now confused by your reponse?  Is it satirical or ironic?....Doh!

Edited by maxjak
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was there Saturday and would certainly say the atmosphere was ‘lively’ but there was no real threat of violence.

I was surprised at the number of police there. Police and stewards summed to take quite a relaxed approach, as there were quite a few ‘missiles’ going back and forth - I think it was mainly food. The City fan with the flare was hardly discreet, so I can only think he wouldn’t have known what the likely punishment would be, not that I understand how fans smuggle them in, with nearly everyone being patted down on entry.

The closest to any real trouble I saw was one of our fans trying to steam into the Hull fans on his own at full time, but luckily one of his mates seemed to manage to get to him before the police did and carry him out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve never understood the equation between flares and ‘atmosphere’. To me atmosphere is shouting, chanting, singing- with shirts, scarves, banners and flags. Jumping up and down. How blinding/choking your fellow fans with a nautical distress signal improves atmosphere is just lost on me. 

  • Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...