IGNORED

Sunderland at home match day thread

Just now, gl2 said:

Note to "Nige" WE NEED A MIDFIELD and play defenders who know what to do.........round and round we go........as I wait for "the bed wetters" post from the usual posters.

We have 3 of the most immobile cms in the league in King James and Williams along with a headless chicken in Massengo. It is very concerning.

2 minutes ago, An Outstanding Human said:

Goes way deeper than that, more to do with the culture of the club, which is solely at the door of Lansdown 

I think a lot of it is the legacy of past mistakes. I think Pearson had brought in the right players, and I rate the youngsters, but we have a legacy of badly thought through signings and contract offers that leave too little room for manoeuvre. 

I think moving Pearson on is absolutely the wrong thing to do but we are going to struggle until we can move out high earners and sub-standard players and reinforce defence and defensive midfield.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think a lot of it is the legacy of past mistakes. I think Pearson had brought in the right players, and I rate the youngsters, but we have a legacy of badly thought through signings and contract offers that leave too little room for manoeuvre. 

I think moving Pearson on is absolutely the wrong thing to do but we are going to struggle until we can move out high earners and sub-standard players and reinforce defence and defensive midfield.

Should we not expect better than last season or just more of the same.

Just now, gl2 said:

Note to "Nige" WE NEED A MIDFIELD and play defenders who know what to do.........round and round we go........as I wait for "the bed wetters" post from the usual posters.

I'm sure he knows the midfield is poor but it's well documented he has no money to spend.The solution is to sell Scott to fund new signings but the usual suspects who moan at everything will accuse the club of having no ambition and selling our best players the usual diatribe you get from City fans but as I said its the only solution available. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 2
1 minute ago, ORANGE500 said:

I'm sure he knows the midfield is poor but it's well documented he has no money to spend.The solution is to sell Scott to fund new signings but the usual suspects who moan at everything will accuse the club of having no ambition and selling our best players the usual diatribe you get from City fans but as I said its the only solution available. 

I am rapidly coming to this conclusion too. I would be gutted to lose Scott but that could get us three players we sorely need.

Didn't take long for us to have out enthusiasm drained. Last week I was still optimistic and thought we were hard done by but the amount of sloppy passes that have led to Sunderland opportunities has been woeful, we were unable to turn pressure against us into attack successfully either where Sunderland look dangerous when we lose possession.