IGNORED

Sunderland at home match day thread

2 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Has to plays wells over Martin it’s been a painful watch today. 

Martin is in there for his defensive work in the box, tends to win a lot of headers at corners. Get someone else that can do that then perhaps so.

2 minutes ago, tts_city said:

How about learning the lesson that vyner is shit ? that would be a decent start for me.

Problem is who else until Kalas is fit?

Priority position is a new right centre back. 

I was going to give Vyner some credit during the first half. But my word that defending for their second goal is criminal. 

He looked as though his feet were trapped in cement. Made no effort to get to the ball. 

Far too inconsistent to be a championship regular. 

Overall I felt we gave it a good go. In possession we look like a top half championship club. Out of position a bottom half club. 

Too keen to play out from the back for the first go. I feel that Bentley shouldn't be giving the ball to Naismith there to begin with. But Bentley was solid throughout, not alot he could do for the goals. 

Alex Scott was a step above. If the Prem Vultures aren't circling already, they might well be after that performance. He controls the game so well. 

• Like 3

Well what a surprise, 3000 away fans come to our ground, have a great time and go home happy. Is there ever any other outcome? 

Two games in, winning in both and threw both away. I think it’s obvious to see that we’re gonna be in for another long hard slog this season, with plenty of late goals conceded and leads thrown away. Gotta grin and bear it I’m afraid.

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, RudiRed said:

Conceding 3 and could have been more - little progress made - yes we had decent chances ourselves but top teams don't conceed chances like we do. Starting to lose faith.

Something needs to change. We cannot just have a re run of last season. Otherwise it will surely end in relegation.

3 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

I was going to give Vyner some credit during the first half. But my word that defending for their second goal is criminal. 

He looked as though his feet were trapped in cement. Made no effort to get to the ball. 

Overall I felt we gave it a good go. In possession we look like a top half championship club. Out of position a bottom half club. 

Too keen to play out from the back for the first go. I feel that Bentley shouldn't be giving the ball to Naismith there to begin with. But Bentley was solid throughout, not alot he could do for the goals. 

Alex Scott was a step above. If the Prem Vultures aren't circling already, they might well be after that performance. He controls the game so well. 

Well I do think Bentley could learn to shut his legs so many balls go between his legs for goals. I’ve lost count myself. 

4 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

We desperately need some pace at the back otherwise two goal plus per game conceded won’t go away.

• Flames 1
1 minute ago, Wanderingred said:

Well what a surprise, 3000 away fans come to our ground, have a great time and go home happy. Is there ever any other outcome? 

Two games in, winning in both and threw both away. I think it’s obvious to see that we’re gonna be in for another long hard slog this season, with plenty of late goals conceded and leads thrown away. Gotta grin and beer it I’m afraid.

Are they still in the old Atyeo? Woeful if so

Two games two defeats , did we really expect anything different. 
We have struggled to compete for two years now , we haven’t improved our squad . 
This season will be the last in the championship for a very long time , the club is on a downward spiral. 
I expect abuse for this post but instead of abuse how about a reasoned argument that we can do well because frankly I can’t see any reason for optimism.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Disagree with the bold.

Put Naismith under unnecessary pressure for the first, and three times the ball has gone wide to Wingbacks with no momentum gained, just needs to go long. Sunderland looked to counter press wing backs at every opportunity.

Will add other was played worse today (Massengo, Vyner, Martin), just overall a not good performance.

Can't even have a go at the ref - thought Stroud was solid this afternoon.

Based on that performance:

- Need Jamo fit.

- Wouldn't miss Bents.

- Need a Striker, at least.

- Vyner should have been let go.

3 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

That is two loses from leading positions in the 2nd half, that’s really poor from Pearson , we are unable to hold  out for points under him exactly the same as last season. Something needs to change quickly. 

I wouldn't exactly say a 2 minute lead was a commanding position.

To be clear I do not disagree with your broader point.

Edited by MelksRed