IGNORED

Sunderland at home match day thread

A midfield is a barrier for the defence and a springboard for attack, our defenders are put under too much pressure due to a non existant midfield, again NP if you dont sign a midfield general who can hold our team together we will collapse and be relegated. Coventry next is it...oh dear.....

2 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

I still don't get Massengo. Not good enough going forward, not good enough defensively, isn't quick, doesn't shoot, gives ball away constantly.

As for today. It was what is was, could see that 3rd goal.comijg for 20 mins.

Good first half today but disappeared a bit second half. Didn’t give the ball away at all though. I think he is quick with the ball at his feet over 10-20 yards. He has a burst of energy there. I think he’s better in a 3, pressing higher up. He has tricks to beat people as well. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, mjd said:

It's the same thing  good going forward   bad defending.  We leave ourselves wide open from midfield to defence. 

Injuries mean Williams is unlikely to be the aggressive player he was at Wigan again. Massengo wants out so I'm sure Nigel would rather not rely on him. James will possibly be out for a while again. Which makes King the only other option.

Be afraid, he very afraid.?

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, gl2 said:

A midfield is a barrier for the defence and a springboard for attack, our defenders are put under too much pressure due to a non existant midfield, again NP if you dont sign a midfield general who can hold our team together we will collapse and be relegated. Coventry next is it...oh dear.....

Yeah, definitely won't get any points there.

4 minutes ago, Jeez said:

The reluctance to use the loan market is killing us. Or maybe stubbornness no to use it.

Just look at Simms today, he made huge impact for them and Clark who started as a loan then perm was excellent too.

Nigel has at least twice made it clear recently that he would be happy with loans. The problem is getting the players.

And what happens if a Prem club demands a £1m loan fee?

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Not really sure of the relevance. Our problem is conceding goals. We score enough 

The relevance is we have midfield players that have a proven track record of not contributing anything to winning games.

Just now, RudiRed said:

Up and down, aggressive, breaks up play but can pick a pass, haven't seen it last 2 games.

Rubbish. He's a poor CM and we need to realise this.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yeah, definitely won't get any points there.

or maybe not v Wigan, Luton, Cardiff, Blackpool, Huddersfield either; seem we will be a bit light on points by end of month, I`ll go with 3pts