IGNORED

MAKE SOME NOISE

Topper 123

9 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Ok folks it’s here , first home game massive crowd ,Now let’s make some real noise , intimidate the opposition.lift our players 

we all have a role to play , players and fans so let’s make sure we play our part , wear something red let’s go all out for this on Saturday.everyone reading this will be sitting in different areas on sat so make sure the noise is coming from your area not just the singing section we’re all supporters so let’s support the team Saturday ALL OF US      COYR 

Totally agree. The noise has to come from  all parts of the ground. Wherever you are sing be red and loud.

COYR

• Like 1

The near 3500 from up north will dominate the noise level unless we score twice in the first 30seconds. The 20000 odd rest will have their moments but in short bursts...sorry. Those who want to sing will those who dont wont.

There has been many calls "to arms" in the past, a bit of life on the pitch from our players will wake the fans, nothing else

2 hours ago, gl2 said:

The near 3500 from up north will dominate the noise level unless we score twice in the first 30seconds. The 20000 odd rest will have their moments but in short bursts...sorry. Those who want to sing will those who dont wont.

There has been many calls "to arms" in the past, a bit of life on the pitch from our players will wake the fans, nothing else

As always a packed away end will generate more noise than a larger group of home fans.

Compared to 3,000 away fans all in the same area how many singers in the South stand corner, 500?

There will be the sporadic red army, or come on you reds, from other parts of the stadium and that will be it.

The single biggest mistake the club made when renovating and developing AG was not putting the most vociferous home fans behind both goals.

I think it quite bizarre that the singers aren’t behind the goal in the south stand, are there any other stadiums in the country where this is the case?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

12 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

As always a packed away end will generate more noise than a larger group of home fans.

Compared to 3,000 away fans all in the same area how many singers in the South stand corner, 500?

There will be the sporadic red army, or come on you reds, from other parts of the stadium and that will be it.

The single biggest mistake the club made when renovating and developing AG was not putting the most vociferous home fans behind both goals.

I think it quite bizarre that the singers aren’t behind the goal in the south stand, are there any other stadiums in the country where this is the case?

City stick their loudest supporters in a part of the ground where most other clubs stick opposition supporters because it has the least effect in terms of atmosphere.

We are giving away an advantage before the games even kicked off. 

Edited by Betty Swallocks
  • Like 5
  • Robin 1

24 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

I think you’ll find the singing end is expanding this the reason I moved my seat to south stand I’m looking forward to joining in

17 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

Just short of 1200 in the corner. The point still stands though, it's a shame AG can't be rejigged to get home support behind both goals

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

City stick their loudest supporters in a part of the ground where most other clubs stick opposition supporters because it has the least effect in terms of atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Yes yes yes 

A total over sight on the redeveloped Ashton Gate. Why tuck the singers up in the corner. Why can not the whole south stand sing. And don't give the away fans a whole end. Sunderland will out sing us on saterday. And I will say it again stuff the away fans top tier Lansdown at Atyeo end. Yes expensive and disruptive for a  time but a major factor in getting better support to the team 

2 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

True story! Someone is embarrassed about active supporters. Of course by now if the club wanted to shift that many would start crying about losing there traditional seat so the mistake looks permanent!

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

Sunderland's average home attendance is over 30,000. There were 41000 at their game last week.

Intimidate you say?

No one is never intimidated at Millwall are they. Crowd size is only part of the issue, noise, intimidation and stadium/pitch proximity among others come into it too. 

1 hour ago, Puckle_red said:

Just short of 1200 in the corner. The point still stands though, it's a shame AG can't be rejigged to get home support behind both goals

Oh come on!!!!

How many times people!!!!

You CANNOT put the singing/standing section behind the goal UNLESS everyone in that stand also stand. That's how the old East End worked.

A block of supporters sitting, next to a block of supporters standing means those sitting can't see a large area of the pitch!!

Not only that but what about those supporters who currently have season tickets in that block!!

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

31 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Oh come on!!!!

You CANNOT put the singing/standing section behind the goal UNLESS everyone in that stand also stand. That's how the old East End worked.

A block of supporters sitting, next to a block of supporters standing means those sitting can't see a large area of the pitch!!

Not only that but what about those supporters who currently have season tickets in that block!!

Whole end should be safe standing. Can either sit or stand depending on preference and still be able to see the game.

• Flames 1

50 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Of course by now if the club wanted to shift that many would start crying about losing there traditional seat so the mistake looks permanent!

o. 

30 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Oh come on!!!!

And this is where we are. I do have sympathy with @Galley is our king however it does show that good decisions made do become mistakes down the line. To revamp seating arrangements would be a massive overhaul  that would take a couple of seasons, fan input and a will to change, particularly if you are going to do a Villa style corner switch as well

Let's get real there are nowhere near enough who'd want to stand and sing to fill the ends behind the goals. The spaces would look embarrassing. I hate to say it but this is Bristol, not Sunderland or Newcastle, not Manchester or Liverpool, and, apart from the odd game, its not a hot bed of football fervour. You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think we'd out sing the away fans every week even with both ends as City only. The support is decent but compared to some parts of the country the passion is not there. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

And this is where we are. I do have sympathy with @Galley is our king however it does show that good decisions made do become mistakes down the line. To revamp seating arrangements would be a massive overhaul  that would take a couple of seasons, fan input and a will to change, particularly if you are going to do a Villa style corner switch as well

There were a number of changes to seating while the ground was redeveloped, I myself was moved twice without any say in the matter.

It is possible, and I would suggest the family stand should go back in the Atyeo as it was originally, where the younger fans can get involved in the singing.

Away fans in the top of the Lansdown, left hand side looking at the pitch.

New turnstiles at that end, straight up the existing staircase, secure removable double barrier across the upper concourse making an area for toilets food etc at that end for away fans.

If you want to do something you can, it just needs the will to do it. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

Oh come on!!!!

Think you're sounding irrationally impatient with this discussion, GioK... you need to have more patience, it's only about 4 threads so far this week that this debate has spilled onto....people can't expect to read every thread.... hell....some people can't string coherent sentences together, so expecting them to read the 58000 posts or so in the last 6 months about this is a little far fetched!

All of you that are saying we should move away fans do realise that it's not a problem where you put them the problem is getting them in and out right?

If someone can show me how you move a large number of people in and out of either the Dolman or the Lansdown with segregation then I will be very surprised.

• Like 1