IGNORED

MAKE SOME NOISE

Topper 123

20 minutes ago, ZumerZetSmithy said:

Any one go to the soul less  bowl at Coventry , been a few times and City out sung the home end . what a surprise last visit when home fans in a corner did not let city fans get a song out all game .

How do we get that ,  Guess we need to start winning and not leting late goals in  

Completely different though as that corner at Coventry holds thousands and it expands into the side stand . The corner at Ashton gate is tiny in comparison.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Maybe the club don't want the more enthusiastic element of the support behind the goals because if they throw things at people taking corner kicks that only happen a few times a game, the temptation to lob things at a keeper for 45 minutes might cause a bigger issue.

I think most fans quite like Dan Bentley ?

2 hours ago, Galley is our king said:

What if someone is stood in front of you?

You can still see, and I’m short. I’ve sat at points last season when we were dire. 

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

Sitting is for the side stands IMHO.

I agree, but in terms of making it work for everyone it’s still an option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

There were a number of changes to seating while the ground was redeveloped, I myself was moved twice without any say in the matter.

It is possible, and I would suggest the family stand should go back in the Atyeo as it was originally, where the younger fans can get involved in the singing.

Away fans in the top of the Lansdown, left hand side looking at the pitch.

New turnstiles at that end, straight up the existing staircase, secure removable double barrier across the upper concourse making an area for toilets food etc at that end for away fans.

If you want to do something you can, it just needs the will to do it. 

Exactly!

12 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Well, thanks for your reply, if nothing else it made I larf ?

I said to myself "he must be Clark Kent with x-ray vision"!

Hardly a practical suggestion though is it?

How is it not? People can sit or stand, have it unreserved as the East End was and job done.

I can't speak for anyone with dwarfism but aside from that everyone should be fine. The whole point of the design is that you can still see if you're sat.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If the thinking is that cheaper tickets can generate more revenue, and with affordable pricing lots more people attend, be interesting to see how far the numbers drop when we are back to regular prices.

Exactly this, it’s not rocket science, everyone a winner

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If the thinking is that cheaper tickets can generate more revenue, and with affordable pricing lots more people attend, be interesting to see how far the numbers drop when we are back to regular prices.

It’s very clever marketing by Richard Gould but to be realistic once the midweek games against the likes of Luton or Preston are on the red button, no amount of imaginative pricing would ever replicate tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

So my answer was correct then ?

No because the question was “Tomorrow is going to be the biggest attendance, since......?”

So when was last time we had a bigger attendance than what is going to be there tomorrow? Hull last season was less than tomorrows attendance so no, your answer wasn’t correct. 

31 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

No because the question was “Tomorrow is going to be the biggest attendance, since......?”

So when was last time we had a bigger attendance than what is going to be there tomorrow? Hull last season was less than tomorrows attendance so no, your answer wasn’t correct. 

I'm with Betty.

#Details

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Exactly this, it’s not rocket science, everyone a winner

It would be interesting to know how many tickets have been sold at mates rates. Although this is a good scheme to get a big crowd for the first game of the season,  unfortunately, selling lots of cheap tickets doesn’t necessarily make more money than selling a smaller number of tickets at a higher rate. Take a very simplified hypothetical scenario. City can either sell every ticket @£10 or every ticket @£30. The £10 option generates sales of 22k tickets which brings in £220k. The £30 option generates sales 12k tickets which brings in £360k. From a financial point of view the £30 per ticket is best. Obviously, in the real world there must be a price between my two extreme examples that means more tickets sold and more income. The difficulty is finding that optimum magic price. 

Another disadvantage of the mates rates scheme is it can only be used on rare occasions. If it was applied too often season ticket holders would start to feel a bit hard done by whereby they are paying a high price and a lot of people are only paying £10. The real aim of the mates rates is to get a few people to come who wouldn’t normally bother, and these people are impressed by the experience so come again paying the normal price. 

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

It would be interesting to know how many tickets have been sold at mates rates. Although this is a good scheme to get a big crowd for the first game of the season,  unfortunately, selling lots of cheap tickets doesn’t necessarily make more money than selling a smaller number of tickets at a higher rate. Take a very simplified hypothetical scenario. City can either sell every ticket @£10 or every ticket @£30. The £10 option generates sales of 22k tickets which brings in £220k. The £30 option generates sales 12k tickets which brings in £360k. From a financial point of view the £30 per ticket is best. Obviously, in the real world there must be a price between my two extreme examples that means more tickets sold and more income. The difficulty is finding that optimum magic price. 

Another disadvantage of the mates rates scheme is it can only be used on rare occasions. If it was applied too often season ticket holders would start to feel a bit hard done by whereby they are paying a high price and a lot of people are only paying £10. The real aim of the mates rates is to get a few people to come who wouldn’t normally bother, and these people are impressed by the experience so come again paying the normal price. 

Personally I couldn’t care less that tickets are only a tenner, more in the ground the merrier, my choice whether to buy a season ticket or not

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pezo said:

All of you that are saying we should move away fans do realise that it's not a problem where you put them the problem is getting them in and out right?

If someone can show me how you move a large number of people in and out of either the Dolman or the Lansdown with segregation then I will be very surprised.

The upper Lansdown should have been built with segregation in mind to be honest. Other clubs manage to do it so not sure why we can’t or why it couldn’t be explored as an option.

44 minutes ago, bris red said:

The upper Lansdown should have been built with segregation in mind to be honest. Other clubs manage to do it so not sure why we can’t or why it couldn’t be explored as an option.

It's a multi use stadium, if our forefathers hadn't seen fit to go to games with 'hatchets, hammers, Stanley knives and spanners' we'd probably all enjoy the game without segregation and with a pint in hand.

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Personally I couldn’t care less that tickets are only a tenner, more in the ground the merrier, my choice whether to buy a season ticket or not

You may not care if the tickets are only £10 but it’s not a sustainable price for the club in the long run. It’s a loss leader to temp people into the ground in the hope that they’ll come back and pay full price 

3 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

You may not care if the tickets are only £10 but it’s not a sustainable price for the club in the long run. It’s a loss leader to temp people into the ground in the hope that they’ll come back and pay full price 

..and, historically, our players have never quite grasped this marketing concept, often producing the most inept performance of the Season.

I’m sure though tomorrow will break this tradition. COYRs. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I don’t know about that, 5000 more home fans than last seasons opener with all the merchandise/food sales that go with that, anyway, I’m not suggesting they do it for every game but if they did it wouldn’t bother me despite the fact I have a season ticket, that was my point 

• Like 1