IGNORED

MAKE SOME NOISE

Topper 123

2 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

No because the question was “Tomorrow is going to be the biggest attendance, since......?”

So when was last time we had a bigger attendance than what is going to be there tomorrow? Hull last season was less than tomorrows attendance so no, your answer wasn’t correct. 

But tomorrow's will be the biggest since....then as there hasn't been a bigger attendance since then. Technically correct. Pedantic I know.

11 minutes ago, myol'man said:

The rugby chant is two syllables

BRISSSS....TOLLLLLLLL

The old East End chant was 3 syllables 

BAAAA... RISSSSS.....TOLLLLL

I would make a slight amendment to that. With rugby it’s a dirge - ie a lament for the dead. With City it was definitely a chant 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bris red said:

The upper Lansdown should have been built with segregation in mind to be honest. Other clubs manage to do it so not sure why we can’t or why it couldn’t be explored as an option.

It wasn't designed with segregation in mind because the thought process would be why would you put away fans in the newest nicest area of the ground. Do you know it hasn't been explored as an option? It's fairly simple as a thought exercise to say how do you get 5k away fans (think about worse case scenario and were playing Cardiff or Rovers) up there and how do you get them back out again without getting in the way of home fans e.g. if they are coming out of the Atyeo end of the Lansdown you would have to make all the home fans walk towards KFC at the end of the game and creating barriers like that attracts ideots that want to shout abuse at the away fans and it causes confusion for non regular home fans who came in one way but now need to find a different way home.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

? I don’t know how old you are but no , it’s completely different . The monotone drone of briiistol of the egg chasing . The the energetic aggressive shout of BAAAAAAARRRRRRIIIISSTOL ??????BAAAARRIISTOL ??????

Let’s get it going tomorrow, so simple anyone can join in.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

? I don’t know how old you are but no , it’s completely different . The monotone drone of briiistol of the egg chasing . The the energetic aggressive shout of BAAAAAAARRRRRRIIIISSTOL ??????BAAAARRIISTOL ??????

Last time I heard that was around the GJ era I think. Since the EE has been gone, most of the old songs have now gone.

12345….

Smell my fingers….

Cider in a can….

Who are the people…

I do miss the fun of it all. It’s all pretty generic now whenever I get a chance to go.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ZumerZetSmithy said:

Any one go to the soul less  bowl at Coventry , been a few times and City out sung the home end . what a surprise last visit when home fans in a corner did not let city fans get a song out all game .

How do we get that ,  Guess we need to start winning and not leting late goals in  

Coventry out sung as last season for the full 90, they didn’t stop once. Best home atmosphere I’ve seen in years.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

So is this a sell out or a “sell out”? Presumably, given all the health and safety restrictions, the crowd will be around 25k rather than the Gate’s actual capacity of 27k..

Whatever way you look at it there’s no tickets left, it’s not like the Rovers “sell out” last week where the ground was only three quarters full

9 hours ago, harrys said:

I don’t know about that, 5000 more home fans than last seasons opener with all the merchandise/food sales that go with that, anyway, I’m not suggesting they do it for every game but if they did it wouldn’t bother me despite the fact I have a season ticket, that was my point 

I agree and I think the fact that it’s the season ticket holder that can bring the mates at the discounted rate works well. It’s a benefit to the ST holder to have the option to bring a mate along, so doesn’t devalue the season ticket I don’t think - certainly wouldn’t stop me getting mine.

Id like to see them do it much more often if the commercials stack up - ie, the extra beer, food etc sales outweigh the missed full price ticket sales.

• Like 1

I came to the conclusion a couple of seasons ago that the atmosphere at Ashton Gate will never be any good again. 
Hence why I moved from the ‘singing section’ to the family stand. Just wasn’t worth my efforts and my sore throat every week. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Well I thought the atmosphere was okay yesterday ?‍♀️ and was told the same by numerous Sunderland 

I was sat in west stand near the sunderland fans thought they were very very loud but i was quite impressed with the south stand some of the chants where the whole stand joined in sounded fantastic and looked amazing keep up the good work lads & lasses COYR