IGNORED

Love football, protect the game

Jerseybean

Interesting that they say discriminatory behaviour, I think we know what they mean but if they are going to create rules that needs to be better defined. I absolutely show a preference for Bristol City at Ashton gate and it's certainly not based on competence so by definition I discriminate against the opposition, I do not provide equality of support. Does that make me liable to a ban?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Interesting that they say discriminatory behaviour, I think we know what they mean but if they are going to create rules that needs to be better defined. I absolutely show a preference for Bristol City at Ashton gate and it's certainly not based on competence so by definition I discriminate against the opposition, I do not provide equality of support. Does that make me liable to a ban?

It does put "discriminatory behaviour" under the heading of "Criminal behaviour". To the best of my knowledge, choosing not to cheer for Sunderland or Accrington Stanley is not yet currently a criminal offence.

I don’t know how I feel about this. On the one hand it’s taking early measures to protect the game, stopping the wildfire of hooliganism that we’ve seen spread so quickly in the past, but on the other some mistakes that could lead to a criminal record are minor in comparison to what you’d need to do to be given one outside of a football stadium. I’d be interested to hear alternative suggestions 

Therefore, we are working with clubs to highlight the important role that fans, clubs, players and coaches all have to play in helping to create a safe environment.  

Like expecting the best part of 1000 fans to collect their tickets at an away ground (Wigan next week).

1 hour ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

So when the kids go on the pitch are they to be arrested and then their parents rounded up and both prosecuted and have stadium bans

I was rather hoping we might employ a few of those snipers from Squid Games round one.

• Haha 1