IGNORED

Sound system again.

Desso

Terrible still in the Dolman. No improvement at all, just the same as previous seasons. Is it a case of "it doesn't matter about them as long as the corporates can hear". If ever there was an emergency I don’t know what would happen. Please sort it out!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Desso said:

Terrible still in the Dolman. No improvement at all, just the same as previous seasons. Is it a case of "it doesn't matter about them as long as the corporates can hear". If ever there was an emergency I don’t know what would happen. Please sort it out!

I’d rather we couldn’t hear it in the South Stand, deafening 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Homer Simpson said:

Why did you think it would be different?

Well, because during the close season, there is a certain amount of stadium maintenance done. The speakers might have been on the list, but obviously not.

We’ve been down this road before. MKelly was unable to do anything about the poor sound quality in the Dolmand frankly he was a complete waste of time.

I never bothered to email Smarmy Ashton - absolutely no point whatsoever given his crap attitude toward the paying fans. Eventually I emailed RG about it and much to my surprise received an almost immediate reply

He acknowledged the sound  issue saying that changing the microphone may help but unfortunately that made zero difference. He also said to replace the Dolman PA system would be “very expensive”…….make of that what you want……

Its still crap which is an embarrassment given the impressive redevelopment of AG - this particular issue is a blot on an otherwise very decent stadium but it seems like nothing is being done to address it.

Its such a pity…………:disapointed2se:

• Like 8

At Worthing today to see their first ever match in Conference South.  Sound system, as ever, perfect.  Coffee best I have had at a football ground.  Manager grandson of City favourite from 1950s, Wally Hinshelwood.

Why given all the money spent there are still such lacunae at AshTon Gate?

The perennial problem continues and its disappointing that we haven't brought in the quality of sound engineer to sort the problem. But let's not pretend it's an easy fix. Tannoy systems in outdoor stadiums are much harder to set up than in indoor arenas and anyone who's been to concerts will know how the sound quality can vary there. Many factors affect performance and how the stands are open to the elements, the infrastructure from which the sound may bounce off and the numbers in the stadium are just some of them. If you've ever seen a gig at the Colston Hall you will have witnessed how the sound quality can differ between a half full auditorium for the support band the the full house for the main act. Equally, how open or closed in a, stadium may be can significantly affect sound quality. Many other football grounds have rubbish tannoy systems too. 

16 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

The perennial problem continues and its disappointing that we haven't brought in the quality of sound engineer to sort the problem. But let's not pretend it's an easy fix. Tannoy systems in outdoor stadiums are much harder to set up than in indoor arenas and anyone who's been to concerts will know how the sound quality can vary there. Many factors affect performance and how the stands are open to the elements, the infrastructure from which the sound may bounce off and the numbers in the stadium are just some of them. If you've ever seen a gig at the Colston Hall you will have witnessed how the sound quality can differ between a half full auditorium for the support band the the full house for the main act. Equally, how open or closed in a, stadium may be can significantly affect sound quality. Many other football grounds have rubbish tannoy systems too. 

I remember the last time we went to M.K. Dons. Sound was loud, sharp and crystal clear. It can be done, so why can't we do it ?

17 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Like the millennium stadium or whatever it's called now they had a system in which the system would work on each stand through amplifier rooms, As the stadium fills up the pressure within that stand changes effecting the sound distribution. It has a lot to do with the quality of system (Ashton gates is naff) but also the acoustic of the stand or stands.. Dolman pretty poor because of the flat roof.

• Admin

I'm not honestly sure why it really matters

Could be a blessing not listening to some of the nonsense that comes over the PA before the game

If there were any problems the game would get stopped and a message would be on the screen - it wouldn't be an issue

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I'm not honestly sure why it really matters

Could be a blessing not listening to some of the nonsense that comes over the PA before the game

If there were any problems the game would get stopped and a message would be on the screen - it wouldn't be an issue

It would be nice to hear what ex-players say when they are invited on to the pitch.

• Like 3