IGNORED

Message for mr pearson

Banjo Island

6 minutes ago, Kolsch said:

This 3 at the back just doesn’t work. Was we look a threat going forward but no shape defensively and our centre backs get isolated. Vyner was poor yes but it doesn’t help that he had two wing backs on his side that cannot defend. We have to revert to 4 at the back. I personally would go with the following:

O’Leary

Tanner

Klose

Atkinson

Dasilva

Wilson

Naismith

Scott

Sykes

Weimann

Martin

Neismith sat in front of the back 4. Wainman in the hole behind Martin.

???? Hello League 1!

Bottom line is Pearson has a huge decision to make this month. Either we stick with what we have and hope Kalas and Semenyo return, stay fit and turn things around or we sacrifice a key player - probably Scott - in order to get the funds in to strengthen the team.

It is not an easy choice but whether he makes the right call will ultimately determine whether he keeps his job and whether we stay in this division. He still  has my backing but the next three and a half weeks may be the most critical since the summer of 2014.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

To be fair he was the best of a terrible back three first half but then reverted to type. The kid just cannot concentrate at this level. As for Naismith, shouts a lot, claps his hands, points here there and everywhere, nice left peg but he forgot he’s in the side to DEFEND. Obviously we have to give him a few games but his performance was shambolic today.

What did Atkinson do wrong?

27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

This.

Zak was at fault in the second phase of the second goal, great work by Williams, HNM & one other (Dasilva)? though to let one opponent go round all of them in advance of his mistake & his confidence then disappeared.

However by that stage he had also provided his second assist in 2 games, he was not at fault for the first (Naismith was) & was off the pitch by the third.

I don’t think he’s as good as Klose but let’s be honest, Simms & Stewart troubled all of our defenders, but “Zak Vyner”, eh?

Very poor by Zak to let Simms cut back inside, but his defensive display first half was very good. He bailed out Naismith twice.

But he’s the scapegoat? ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Bottom line is Pearson has a huge decision to make this month. Either we stick with what we have and hope Kalas and Semenyo return, stay fit and turn things around or we sacrifice a key player - probably Scott - in order to get the funds in to strengthen the team.

It is not an easy choice but whether he makes the right call will ultimately determine whether he keeps his job and whether we stay in this division. He still  has my backing but the next three and a half weeks may be the most critical since the summer of 2014.

Yes, I think it is an easy choice.  Scott on his own won’t alter our end of season position much but three new players just might.

I’m no Vyner fan by any stretch but to put him at fault for the second goal is just scapegoating in my view. He was one on one with their best forward who beat him, no different to any other battle across the pitch during the game. Questions need to be asked how he was left in that position. 

Also. Two games. Two assists. Not bad

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

Zak yyner is not a championship footballer

100% correct he's never going to be good enough for this level, cost us a goal again today as he dose all to often, he should never be starting a game for us, he is always out of position and seams to not read the play at all, 

4 minutes ago, winsaw said:

100% correct he's never going to be good enough for this level, cost us a goal again today as he dose all to often, he should never be starting a game for us, he is always out of position and seams to not read the play at all, 

If that’s how you describe Vyner today what the **** do you say about Naismith. Played like a pub player.

• Like 2

Just now, Numero Uno said:

If that’s how you describe Vyner today what the **** do you say about Naismith. Played like a pub player.

Disagree thought he improved as the game went along think once he's got a few games under his belt Naismith will be very good for us, sadly Zak has had a lot of changes and never took then , I just feel he's not improving

• Like 1

Vyner was ok first half but and there’s always a but with Vyner, the defending for the equaliser was criminal and showed his weaknesses up in that physically and from a football intelligence he will never eradicate the mistakes that if he plays is a given.  How many more chances does he get?  That said  Naismith was horrendous today. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, winsaw said:

Disagree thought he improved as the game went along think once he's got a few games under his belt Naismith will be very good for us, sadly Zak has had a lot of changes and never took then , I just feel he's not improving

Oh, I won’t say he won’t improve but he was ******* pony all game today. As bad a defensive display as I’ve ever seen. Shouting, pointing and literally **** ALL else.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Oh, I won’t say he won’t improve but he was ******* pony all game today. As bad a defensive display as I’ve ever seen. Shouting, pointing and literally **** ALL else.

I think the point he was trying to get those around him into better position and marking better is a big positive, we have been lacking someone with a voice at the back for a few seasons he could be one of our missing peace's 

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Very poor by Zak to let Simms cut back inside, but his defensive display first half was very good. He bailed out Naismith twice.

But he’s the scapegoat? ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Both Naismith and Klose were one-on-one with a player and came away with the ball at times in the 2nd half. Zak stood off and gave him a nice easy time to get off his shot. Just not reliable enough at this level. 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t disagree, but I’m just talking about today. Naismith had a poorer game than Zak, but barely a whisper.

Exactly. When Naismith needed Zak to get him out of the shit he did so TWICE first half. The first time Zak needed help Naismith was flagging down a taxi in the City Centre or buying a hot dog or something..........we all know that Vyner isn't the answer but after that showing Naismith had better get his finger out of his arse pronto because that display by him was rubbish, no other word for it. Like I say not condemning the bloke but certainly not going to say all our issues lie at the door of Vyner either. Klose was the only player on our side today who actually looked like a defender.

What people seem to miss is how can our defensive "structure" be such that Vyner was 1 v 1 with their number 9 in that position in the first place.................when we are ahead in the sodding game? If we were chasing the game you take it on the chin but we were winning at that point.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

Can't help thinking that either Vyner or Naismith could be the defensive midfielder that we need.  ZV is quick, strong and can be very physical. Naismith is slower but can tackle well and is a good passer.  Maybe the manager is missing a trick.

Time for “front sweeper” version 2.0

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I’m no Vyner fan by any stretch but to put him at fault for the second goal is just scapegoating in my view. He was one on one with their best forward who beat him, no different to any other battle across the pitch during the game. Questions need to be asked how he was left in that position. 

Also. Two games. Two assists. Not bad

Perhaps but he let Simms cut inside rather than taking him away from goal, you teach kids that. 

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, redkev said:

Could do with a defensive midfielding bully , who breaks play up is aggressive and gives it simple  , and not no 5ft 5 player someone in the mild of a Marvin Elliot type player / physique.

that would then give us some sort of platform to go forward , where we are half decent , but you can’t keep conceading  week in week out . 

You mean someone like Marlon Pack??

That ship has sailed unless we play Naismith in that role and play 2 proper central defenders (not including Vyner) behind him.

1 hour ago, just like watching brazil said:

When it's 2 2 don't bring on 2 defenders

Zak’s confidence had gone after the second goal, his slice up in the air saw Sykes pick up a knock immediately after.

Klose had to replace him, plus Sykes was starting to tire even before the knock.

I know some want to criticise everything after a defeat but those 2 subs made perfect sense to me.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Exactly. When Naismith needed Zak to get him out of the shit he did so TWICE first half. The first time Zak needed help Naismith was flagging down a taxi in the City Centre or buying a hot dog or something..........we all know that Vyner isn't the answer but after that showing Naismith had better get his finger out of his arse pronto because that display by him was rubbish, no other word for it. Like I say not condemning the bloke but certainly not going to say all our issues lie at the door of Vyner either. Klose was the only player on our side today who actually looked like a defender.

What people seem to miss is how can our defensive "structure" be such that Vyner was 1 v 1 with their number 9 in that position in the first place.................when we are ahead in the sodding game? If we were chasing the game you take it on the chin but we were winning at that point.

Dead right, their man making the long cross field pass was not closed down and Sykes (as he did all game) offering no defensive cover at all. He is NOT a RWB.