IGNORED

Time for Nige to go upstairs?

glynriley

You’ll get loads of stick but how many goals have we conceded since he has been here? 60 odd league games now still same problems. Bloke is clueless and getting credit for a squad purge that would have happened either way. Culture changed? Maybe but still a loser mentality. 

I don’t have it in me to argue about it all night. It is my opinion and I respect those that disagree. I don’t think the Kalas and Semenyo losses should be this impactful through 2 games. I am just so tired of watching us be second best in every game for most of the game. We have odd spells where we look great but we never sustain it. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

One good game. One bad game. Otib always consistent. 

2 and a half years of crap though let’s not kid ourselves. Everybody was VERY lenient with Pearson at the beginning because of what he had to inherit. However that excuse can’t be used anymore. Been here more than long enough to have made at least a positive impact. I’d say he has until the end of September to make genuine change. Won’t hold my breath though. Can already sense the beginning of the end now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Same old story, and knee jerk reaction?...........So who in your enlightened opinion is going to replace him?  There isn't a queue of quality managers desperate to take over from him?   He has NO finances at present, after just 2 games, some patience is needed .

• Like 6

Just now, maxjak said:

Same old story, and knee jerk reaction?...........So who in your enlightened opinion is going to replace him?  There isn't a queue of quality managers desperate to take over from him?   He has NO finances at present, after just 2 games, some patience is needed .

No most teams are proactive and get who they want not who is available. Preston didn’t wait around for theirs. Watford didn’t play nice with theirs. MK dons weren’t happy when they lost theirs to Swansea. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Knee jerk reaction, really. Two f@@king years is hardly knee jerk.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

No most teams are proactive and get who they want not who is available. Preston didn’t wait around for theirs. Watford didn’t play nice with theirs. MK dons weren’t happy when they lost theirs to Swansea. 

Mmm......sorry but i fail to see your point?   And to be honest i'm not really that bothered ?

Just now, BS3_RED said:

Knee jerk reaction, really. Two f@@king years is hardly knee jerk.

18 months actually?

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Who is this question aimed  at?? Have the nads to quote people. 

I know we haven’t got a pot piss but not being able to set up a team to defend is awful. Some of the worst teams under the likes of Pulis and Allardyce knew how to keep a clean sheet

26 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I’ve got a lot of time for the bloke, but **** me, I’ve never seen us so shit at the back for over 40 years. Stick him up stairs and get a coach in. That was ******* toilet today. 

No, it’s time to use the loan market to strengthen the defensive side of our team. It’s so obvious where the problem is, go and sort it out!!

12 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Thought we done really well to get back in front. But as soon as we went 2-1 up. It was so strange. 

Both games so far it is like we are gassed by 60 minutes. It is real odd. Both games similar. Good first half but hanging on a bit near end. Good first 5-10 min of 2nd half then the energy disappears. 

• Like 2

At what point do we hold the manager responsible? 

I get it. We have no money….but neither do a lot of teams right now yet they seem to be pulling off some cracking loan signings . 

The concern today wasn’t losing. It was the way we lost. We looked unfit, we looked weak, we looked slow 

Absolutely dreadful 

Fait play to Sunderland. Another club coming from behind us and over taking us 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

You’ll get loads of stick but how many goals have we conceded since he has been here? 60 odd league games now still same problems. Bloke is clueless and getting credit for a squad purge that would have happened either way. Culture changed? Maybe but still a loser mentality. 

I don’t have it in me to argue about it all night. It is my opinion and I respect those that disagree. I don’t think the Kalas and Semenyo losses should be this impactful through 2 games. I am just so tired of watching us be second best in every game for most of the game. We have odd spells where we look great but we never sustain it. 

If think the cultures improved.

The problem is lack of investment due to FFP. See Ipswich under McCarthy as a comparison.

The millions spent on high salaries is punishing us now, no other clubs misspent with regards to turnover as much as we did. Even now with Kalas injured and Wells on the bench you're talking upwards of £2m per season for zero return.

I think we may need to sell Scott and reinvest.

Honestly - I'm not seeing much of a way out of this unless we implement a complete system integrator (i.e. Bielsa, Martin (Swansea), Evans (Bolton)). The one thing Nigel lacks is tactical knowledge. He's great at delegation and man management, but without his foil (Shakespeare) he's limited.

• Like 5

Personally I can’t find any reasons to like the bloke, he hasn’t endeared himself to the fans (can’t and don’t speak for everyone but that’s what I hear). Not a good enough record and he’s afforded too many chances and excuses are made for him and by him. I don’t think he represents the Bristol City I know and love and I won’t go back to the Gate whilst he’s in charge. 

Before I get pelted with ‘who else is there?’ posts, the truth is I don’t know. But I’m firmly ABP.

• Like 5

Shocking goals conceded today, plus a few hairy defensive moments too made for a viewing today with hands over eyes at time.

But how do you legislate for Naismith’s error inside 4 minutes?

How the hell (polite word) does Vyner let Simms cut back inside for their equaliser?

Then too much time for Pritchard to cross and then Naismith gets underneath the ball for Stewart to beat him in the air for their winner.

First half there were some lovely passages of play, second half we were second best for the first half hour, despite the hope given from going 2-1 up. We looked a bit one-paced, a bit leggy. We looked soft at times.

Perhaps we missed Matty James, Williams had a very up and down game.

We need to find a way of finishing stronger.  Perhaps players with a bit of physicality like Kalas (when he’s fit) and Pring might give us something a bit different.

Coventry (a) on Wednesday will be an interesting team selection.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fuber said:

If think the cultures improved.

The problem is lack of investment due to FFP. See Ipswich under McCarthy as a comparison.

The millions spent on high salaries is punishing us now, no other clubs misspent with regards to turnover as much as we did. Even now with Kalas injured and Wells on the bench you're talking upwards of £2m per season for zero return.

I think we may need to sell Scott and reinvest.

Honestly - I'm not seeing much of a way out of this unless we implement a complete system integrator (i.e. Bielsa, Martin (Swansea), Evans (Bolton)). The one thing Nigel lacks is tactical knowledge. He's great at delegation and man management, but without his foil (Shakespeare) he's limited.

Yes I typed too quick. Of course he has changed the culture and when he speaks about problems with the club and solutions they make lots of sense. There is a lot to like about NP. 

As you said though, it is on Saturday where he can’t get it right. And while I agree the finances have set us back, think we have signed enough under NP he should be getting more out of the players he has. Even if a couple players out.

Also, this should be the comfortable season. Our 2 best players are seemingly is their last season with us. Semenyo has only a year left after this season. As said, his sale will be vital for the finances. Then Scott we have control of but how do we match his ambition? This season might fly as he is playing mens football for the second straight season but will he be ok to struggle with us again if prem clubs are calling? If there is little enjoyment this season, what are we holding onto next season?