IGNORED

Massengo

Silvio Dante

Massengo was top notch tonight.

I think the reason that HNM is a divisive player is simply that he's a confidence player. 

I can recall a couple of games where he couldn't kick a ball straight and others where he has been imperious.

Diedhiou was the same, not that I'm claiming it's a French thing.

Some players only show their best when they're feeling right, particularly as a 21 year old in a foreign land.

Edited by mozo

1 minute ago, mozo said:

I think the reason that HNM is a decisive player is simply that he's a confidence playe

That's my feeling too. He seems a little diffident but I'd be constantly reminding him how good he is and encouraging him to just go out and believe in himself on the pitch.

I've watched City for three seasons, this is my fourth and tonight was as good as I've seen Massengo play. Treat him right, get him to sign the contract and he will be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggge asset for the club, either playing wise or to sell & finance other transfers. 

I like the lad; 100 games in the bank six weeks after your 21st birthday is damn impressive. 

Few dodgy moments first half, but quickly grew into one of the best on the pitch. Was superb second half. 

FWIW (could be BS) but heard today the sticking point re contract is that he’s been offered the exact same terms that he’s on right now, so basically extending his current contract rather than anything ‘new’

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Few dodgy moments first half, but quickly grew into one of the best on the pitch. Was superb second half. 

FWIW (could be BS) but heard today the sticking point re contract is that he’s been offered the exact same terms that he’s on right now, so basically extending his current contract rather than anything ‘new’

Interesting you say that, my thoughts to all the criticism of him not signing is, how do we know he has  been offered a good deal worth signing.

31 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Interesting you say that, my thoughts to all the criticism of him not signing is, how do we know he has  been offered a good deal worth signing.

Depends if what he is currently on is high relative to todays climate. If he’s on £10k per week, is he worth £15k?

4 minutes ago, SBB said:

Depends if what he is currently on is high relative to todays climate. If he’s on £10k per week, is he worth £15k?

If it means that we get an extra million or two as and when we eventually have to sell, then bloody oath

On 07/08/2022 at 13:39, paul_fox said:

I've made my feelings known about him for a couple of years now. There's a  reason why Brentford let him go. We've leaked goals constantly since he's been here despite changes in the back like, time for a new No1 long overdue. His only real competition has been Max who isn't really championship quality. Maenpaa was way better and shame be got injured. 

Good shot stopper but never comes out and catches a ball his punching is always dodgy aswell.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, SBB said:

Yep, there’s no way he came here for €3m on £2k p.w…and rightly so.  But with Ashton it’s likely he’s on a very decent wedge, but the wage market has moved.  Nige isn’t gonna break his wage structure…not for a player who isn’t at the consistent level of someone like Andi Weimann. But if there’s scope within that structure to give him a bit more, I would.

I’m a fan of his, think it will be a sad day if he leaves next summer.  C’mon Nige, work some magic!

• Like 2