IGNORED

Sell out....but not a full house

The Humble Realist

41 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Sunderland never sold out due to rail problems ie having to travel to London then train to Bristol I spoke to a few Sunderland fans who left home at 5 o clock so fair play to however many made trip 

Sunderland sold all but 200 so said there forum, so 3,000. i dont know how many turned up but if looked pretty full to me.

The lansdown upper adult and kid combo explains a lot of it to be fair so thanks @Davefevs

I wasnt talking about the sunderland end, more empty seats in the upper lansdown in particular (there were LOADS)

My wider point is we 'sold out' according to the club but definitely didnt sell every possible ticket which is just  every odd thing.

Maybe the club genuinely didnt want/werent able to logistically sell every possible ticket hence it was 'sold out'.

Or maybe the club wanted to say it was a sell out to avoid selling tickets on the day (perhaps for logistical reasons)

Edited by The Humble Realist
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not a AG “seats geek”, but FWIW isn’t our capacity 26,500(ish) because of segregation?  We didn’t sell 1,000 in the Atyeo to Sunderland so that’s 25,500.  Am I right in thinking LS Upper is normally adult + kid, so might be many single seats unavailable, because they can’t be sold on their own.  Even if not 24,500 out of 25,500 is near enough a sellout.

Me neither, Dave, but feels like it’s not much more complicated than that. And, in fact, am I right in thinking that we didn’t sell nearer 2000 to Sunderland? 1000 never offered for sale (the cordoned off section at the front) and nearly 800 that we gave them but never got sold. 

20 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Me neither, Dave, but feels like it’s not much more complicated than that. And, in fact, am I right in thinking that we didn’t sell nearer 2000 to Sunderland? 1000 never offered for sale (the cordoned off section at the front) and nearly 800 that we gave them but never got sold. 

If the 2.5k from Sunderland is true, rather than the 3,338 on sake, that makes a big difference too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

That was pretty annoying to be fair. At kickoff you had three blocks in the lower Lansdown where nobody was sat. Much like when the same happens at Wembley, it just creates a bad impression (we’re lucky the hard TV camera points to the Dolman)

Maybe the whole blocks went on holiday together.

27 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Maybe the whole blocks went on holiday together.

Those are the hospitality package seats. So not available for general sale.

I think that shows the lack of people picking up those packages that we constantly get emailed about.?

6 hours ago, Hamdon Mart said:

I thought that the capacity for football matches was 26.5k because of the segregation.

The Atyeo holds 4.2k (?) and Downsy announced there was 2,352 from Sunderland so 1,848 shy of capacity in that stand. 26,500 - 1,848 leaves 24,652 which is pretty much what was said. From my vantage point in the Lansdown Upper, there were a few dozen empty seats in the South Stand block nearest to the Lansdown. 

On a footnote, when I worked for Yeovil, the ticket office manager said there would usually be between 10%-12% of ST holders that don't turn up for games. Leaving aside the fact that Yeovil were/are s**t, if that equates to City as well, it means that around 1.5k ST holders don't get to games which would also explain the disparity between what we see and what the crowd is announced as. 

The attendance announced is tickets sold, not bums on seats, so yesterday’s attendance was actual sales. This caused a bit of confusion a few years ago, ref the commitment from City to pay for a parking zone, if 3 consecutive matches had attendances of over 25k. The announced figures were over 25k but actual attendance was below 25k.    As has been mentioned, in the family areas you have to attend with a juvenile, so some seats will always remain unsold. Then there is the middle section of the lower Lansdown which are hospitality seats. If you don’t buy an expensive hospitality package you can’t have a seat there 

I'll wait to see what Fans Banter says as to yesterday's figure, especially the Sunderland away fans figure as it's the only resource I can rely on. Trying to hear the attendance figure on City's tannoy system is impossible and neither City or the Post these days publish the figures in their match report. 

Do we know how many ST holders we have now? There was no one in seat S21 Row 23 Seat 8 next to me yesterday as there wasn't all last season.