IGNORED

4 Simple Steps to improve

Better Red

1. Play 4 at the back and a extra man in midfield

2. Sign a midfielder who will go straight into the team 

3. Get a striker on loan to replace Chris Martin - Needs a bit of pace to be able to turn the opposition. If he ain’t going to play Wells which for ever reason he won’t we are sorely lacking upfront (before any says it - Conway is not the answer)

4. Be prepared to play Wilson or Sykes as wide of a front three or just sign a winger on loan we need pace (Seymour will help when back) 

And if we could get a decent left back who is over 5 10 (Maybe Pringle could do the job)

I understand money is tight but we need to use the loan system to just give the squad the balance it needs. 

With the right additions we would half a decent squad.

Scott, Seymeyo, Wilson, Williams, Kalas, Bentley, Wiemann  plus maybe 3 additions plus the squad players would surely give us enough to stay the right side of the top half this year.

There is little dead wood in the squad Nige has done a good job it’s just not enough coming in the other end. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Better Red said:

3. Get a striker on loan to replace Chris Martin - Needs a bit of pace to be able to turn the opposition. If he ain’t going to play Wells which for ever reason he won’t we are sorely lacking upfront (before any says it - Conway is not the answer)

4. Be prepared to play Wilson or Sykes as wide of a front three or just sign a winger on loan we need pace (Seymour will help when back) 

And if we could get a decent left back who is over 5 10 (Maybe Pringle could do the job)

I understand money is tight but we need to use the loan system to just give the squad the balance it needs. 

Scott, Seymeyo, Wilson, Williams, Kalas, Bentley, Wiemann  plus maybe 3 additions plus the squad players would surely give us enough to stay the right side of the top half this year.

There is little dead wood in the squad Nige has done a good job it’s just not enough coming in the other end. 

Point 2 all day long...............

• Like 3

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Easier said than done. Players need to leave before others come in. We know that much and have been told that. Unless anyone leaves this is it.  Naismith looks like a holding midfielder to me, maybe play him there in a 4-3-3

Not much more to leave - Wells and Maybe Massengo if we get an offer and that’s it. Not sure what is going on with Baker pretty sure will just run the contract down.

I would also let JD go if we get a replacement.

Not sure about Vyner where he stands after today.

As you said it’s not that easy to do with player wages etc..

Send Bell, Conway, Max and even maybe  even Tanner out on loan and we should be able to do that.

• Hmmm 1

Just now, Better Red said:

Not much more to leave - Wells and Maybe Massengo if we get an offer and that’s it. Not sure what is going on with Baker pretty sure will just run the contract down.

I would also let JD go if we get a replacement.

Not sure about Vyner where he stands after today.

As you said it’s not that easy to do with player wages etc..

Send Bell, Conway, Max and even maybe  even Tanner out on loan and we should be able to do that.

Wells is the big one to get rid of. Huge wages. Conway needs to stay as he’s in the first team squad now. Dasilva was one of the few positives for me today. Would definitely keep him.  Vyner needs to leave.  If we got rid of Vyner and Wells and signed a centre back and midfielder that would be a good result. I don’t think they will both leave though. 

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Point 2 all day long...............

Let’s be honest, Point 2 has been neglected far too often over the years.  We’ve got it right at times (Smithy and Pack, David Noble to name but three) but how many times on this forum has it been said we need a Barry Bannan and/or A N Other nasty bar steward in the middle to point here there and run the show.

• Like 2

Many will tell you that we’ve not had a decent midfield since Paul Hartley. Best player Nicky Maynard ever played with or so he says.

Anyway, I think today the problem was organisational not personnel. We have the right balance in midfield when our squad is fully fit. Today would have gone differently had MJ not been injured in the warm up. It might have gone differently had he played Vyner as a defensive midfielder, his best position IMO. I thought Williams looked unfit at times. 

Writing off Conway already is premature. Look at Semenyo’s first 60 games for us. 

29 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Many will tell you that we’ve not had a decent midfield since Paul Hartley. Best player Nicky Maynard ever played with or so he says.

Anyway, I think today the problem was organisational not personnel. We have the right balance in midfield when our squad is fully fit. Today would have gone differently had MJ not been injured in the warm up. It might have gone differently had he played Vyner as a defensive midfielder, his best position IMO. I thought Williams looked unfit at times. 

Writing off Conway already is premature. Look at Semenyo’s first 60 games for us. 

He also said his son is not Bristolian, so I won’t trust him personally

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Better Red said:

Cant argue with that totally agree martin fell over the ball scored but he was crap lead in his boots but pearson wont leave him or james out when fit and true conway out in loan for a year .

12 hours ago, Better Red said:

I really like the idea of point 4. However what has happened to cam pring. He’s seemed to vanish?

I do think we need to scrap the 3 cbs. We do not play it properly. Our wingbacks are natural right and left backs. Most other teams have a hard working attacking player on at least one of the sides. The problem with scrapping the 3 is the lack of a defensive midfielder. 

Idk want to see Kalas and Semenyo back but still feel the same problems would be there. We’d just have 2 better players in covering up a percentage of these deficiencies. 

34 minutes ago, Better Red said:

It’s opinion not advice but also said above I think Nige probably knows/thinking most of the above.

Back to opinions - agree or disagree ?

I leave it to those who are qualified to make decisions on line-ups, shape and what positions need strengthening.

Personally I think not having Semenyo available is a huge miss. His absence effects the way theentire team play. The guy bullies defenders  who must hate having to face such powerful and pacy striker. The sooner he’s back the better.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I leave it to those who are qualified to make decisions on line-ups, shape and what positions need strengthening.

Personally I think not having Semenyo available is a huge miss. His absence effects the way theentire team play. The guy bullies defenders  who must hate having to face such powerful and pacy striker. The sooner he’s back the better.

He is also very good at pressing, which most of our players aren't.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Red-Al said:

Can someone explain WHY nige insists on playing CM, when he does nothing, and we've got NW on the bench,CM only scored yesterday because he fell over and rolled the ball into the net, I'm puzzled,

I’m guessing 12 goals, 6 assists last season, plus another goal yesterday & one kicked off the line that was going in?

Scapegoating Martin is hilarious, we were top six scorers last season & bottom three in terms of goals conceded, so it is pretty obvious that our problems are up front?

Plus with Semenyo already absent, this is totally the right time to do without 2/3 of the most effective part of the side, isn’t it?

• Like 2