IGNORED

Things we learnt today

Dr Balls

10 hours ago, brad blit said:

Pearson still believes the best way to save a game when behind is to make sure every attacker is on the field, and hope a long ball sticks upfront for something lucky to happen. We then bypass the midfield because they have all been replaced by strikers 

We bypass midfield anyway. Their principal role seems to be to pass it back to a defender who can then launch it out to a wing back or hopefully towards Martin’s head or a AW run. 

But I agree with the point you’re making….and I’m not sure I can recall it ever working. 

At least LJs tactic in that situation of shoving a central defender up front paid the occasional dividend. 

No more Videos please from the city site telling us how fit the players are! What a joke! In the last few seasons we are out on our feet after half time,just going back and back,disappearing up our own ass holes in a cloud of blue smoke.Whilst other teams just seem faster fitter and stronger the longer the game goes on! 2-1 up then we died! we have some outstanding individual players,but as a unit we are shit!

6 minutes ago, johnbytheriver said:

No more Videos please from the city site telling us how fit the players are! What a joke! In the last few seasons we are out on our feet after half time,just going back and back,disappearing up our own ass holes in a cloud of blue smoke.Whilst other teams just seem faster fitter and stronger the longer the game goes on! 2-1 up then we died! we have some outstanding individual players,but as a unit we are shit!

Got to work harder against better teams - the only problem is every team seems to be better

Squad not big/good enough so Nige does not trust the bench to make subs.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pezo said:

He has addressed the question of loans and said he has used them at every other club he has been at so it's not that he doesn't like them.

What he also said was bringing a loan player into the mentality that existed would not have helped and may have made things worse, that's why he hasn't used them much so far.

The group is much better now with very little ‘dead wood’ so hopefully he is now prepared to bring them in.

If he does not do that then we are going to be in and around the bottom 6 all season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Better Red said:

The group is much better now with very little ‘dead wood’ so hopefully he is now prepared to bring them in.

If he does not do that then we are going to be in and around the bottom 6 all season.

A couple of loans from PL clubs of players who are keen to make the point to their parent clubs that they are good enough (that’s all the Tammy scenario was about TBF and same with Simms yesterday) could make all the difference.  Controlling midfielder for one.  Do we have the contacts though ?

5 hours ago, Better Red said:

If he doesn't then to me that indicates we aren't quiet as far along as I and maybe others had hoped.

I think bottom 6 at Christmas would be a high likelyhood of a management change.