IGNORED

Light, in a dark night

97Red

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Based on today it's hard to disagree.

Yes - clearly we have failed to address the poor elements of our games last season.

Weak midfield that is too easily overrun - tick.

Defensive mistakes, chances galore against us and too many goals concedeed- tick.

Losing games from winning positions - tick.

NP has signed the players, this is largely his squad, he needs to take responsibility.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

In quite a long time on OTIB- I have cannot think of a more polarised person than you.

It's like you cannot accept ANYTHING that could possibly be even a mild critique of Nigel Pearson.

So in the tradition of OTIB, I ask: are you his love child or does he have something on you or...

are you Nigel Pearson?

Wrong on all counts. I've supported every manager until I feel they are no longer deserving of it. Pearson isn't at that stage, nowhere near.

That doesn't mean he's beyond criticism, but I can't be doing with the constant performative histronics and proclamations of oblivion from certain quarters after every setback. Again, that's regardless of who the manager is and I'll be consistent with it, unlike some people I could think of.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 9

49 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

We could lose every game 10-0 and we still wouldn't ever be as bad as you and the other resident miseries on here make out.

That does come accross as a bit happy clappy, we have been mostly bad the last two seasons and today offered nothing to get exited about, we are quite rightly piss*d off and dissapointed after all the pre season optimism, today we really were crap second half especially and after two years under our present manager even with the budget restraints I think most of us well certainly me expected a little more improvement.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Wrong on all counts. I've supported every manager until I feel they are no longer deserving of it. Pearson isn't at that stage, nowhere near.

That doesn't mean he's beyond criticism, but I can't be doing with the constant performative histronics from certain quarters after every setback. Again, that's regardless of who the manager is, unlike some people I could think of.

11 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Fair enough NR

But for the record :

QUOTE ME ONE OF YOUR POSTS WHERE YOU HAVE BEEN GENUINELY CRITICAL

genuinely- let us have a record for the record of a time you havent just jumped on anyone who dares criticise Nige

That centre forward  for them today beat us up all afternoon…I said to my mate he , made Chris Martin look totally pedestrian…and I am a supporter of CM. 
whether Pearson and the club like the loan market or not, we need quality and If selling a crown jewel is needed to fund it.. so be it.

Wigan and Luton are big games. 4 points needed to restore some calm.

• Like 1

Hey @Northern Red

Care to answer me?

I've just taken a look at 45 pages of your posts  and you clearly are obsessed with the Conservative party and equally obsessed with anyone who criticises Nige in any way shape or form.

How am I wrong when I suggested you are entirely polarised and steadfastly refuse to accept any criticism of NP whatsoever? 

I thought we opened them up a few times quite easily in the first half. We got a little lucky with going ahead but as we tired badly in midfield they took a stranglehold of the midfield and that was that.

Its early days but I think Pearson got the tactics wrong today and Alex Neil won that match hands down.

I thought come the end our team was reminiscent of a Lee Johnson side just devoid of shape and purpose.

I am surprised NP didn't bring on King instead of Conway as the midfield was really struggling at that point.

The plus points today were Sykes and Scott. Sykes really performed well with a lot of energy going forward and Scott was unplayable at times in the midfield.

The minus points for me was Wilson and Naismith. Its a big step up to the Championship from League Two for Wilson and he was found wanting. Naismith, though a good footballer he is, his height and pace caught him out a few times today. Got caught out with awareness and pace for their first goal and got beaten in the air for the third.

The subs bench really said it all today. Disjointed, with two RWB's, Klose, Wells and Conway. Hardly inspiring. Why not a left sided player like Pring? Why have both Tanner and Wilson there?

Still it's early days and whilst I feel we are making progress I just feel we are a little undercooked.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Hey @Northern Red

Care to answer me?

I've just taken a look at 45 pages of your posts  and you clearly are obsessed with the Conservative party and equally obsessed with anyone who criticises Nige in any way shape or form.

How am I wrong when I suggested you are entirely polarised and steadfastly refuse to accept any criticism of NP whatsoever? 

Not how I'd be spending my Saturday night, but whatever floats your boat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Irrelevant

I've called you out and either justify your statements or be seen to be FOS on a long term basis. I'm betting on the latter.

Fine, you crack on.

At least I'm consistent with my approach regardless of who the manager is. Because we all know that isn't the case where you're concerned, don't we?

15 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Fine, you crack on.

At least I'm consistent with my approach regardless of who the manager is. Because we all know that isn't the case where you're concerned, don't we?

Yep- I'll crack on and keep you updated until such time as you respond to my perfectly reasonable  request.

So- as for consistence- yep, I pretty much have been about  Managers and the owner  on OTIB since day 1 on here - but,hey, the truth is out there so go take a good look at my record as opposed to making stuff up to worm your way out of a deeply awkward situation of your own making. Let me know when you uncover something but sadly I get a feeling you aren't that genuine and you'll do what most others have done when I call them out- go missing.

• Haha 1

No idea what game those Sunderland fans were watching.. perhaps they were trying to be diplomatic?

We are so so weak mentally. We got our noses deservedly in front then immediately imploded by giving away a soft goal. As soon as they scored their second, it was pretty much guaranteed that we’d go on to lose the game wasn’t it? Predictable, sloppy, poor, pedestrian, lacklustre, weak, lacking in leadership… all words that have described this team over the last 2 seasons and early signs are that it’s going to be the same story, with lots of late goals conceded and leads thrown away. Let’s hope there are three teams worse than us.

• Like 2

Ultimately the jury is massively out on Pearson. It has to be.  Anyone who says they ‘know’ he’s the man to take us to top 8 in time is kidding themselves at the moment.  Just because he is calm in interview, no cliches etc doesn’t mean he knows how to sort out a defence.  Let’s hope him and his coaches sort it out soon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pillred said:

That does come accross as a bit happy clappy, we have been mostly bad the last two seasons and today offered nothing to get exited about, we are quite rightly piss*d off and dissapointed after all the pre season optimism, today we really were crap second half especially and after two years under our present manager even with the budget restraints I think most of us well certainly me expected a little more improvement.

Disagree with this, actually thought we were a lot better than this stage last season. Going forward we’re still a good side even without Semenyo, at the back and in the midfield is where are problems were today. Really isn’t worth throwing the toys out of the pram over two games when reality is we have 44 games left

• Like 3

It's quite possible I come across a more diplomatic bunch of Sunderland fans! I do agree with most of the points raised. Especially the continuation of last season's inability to manage a lead. The defensive frailties are still there, and they need to be addressed, and quickly. We can't be shipping 5 goals in two games against a promotion side and a team that finished below us last season! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Disagree with this, actually thought we were a lot better than this stage last season. Going forward we’re still a good side even without Semenyo, at the back and in the midfield is where are problems were today. Really isn’t worth throwing the toys out of the pram over two games when reality is we have 44 games left

I agree it's far too early to panic, but the things we were doing last season that cost us games were on display again yesterday I really hope I'm wrong but unless there is a fundamental change in the way we set up for games I think those prophising doom may well actually be right this year. And a lot better than last season? wouldn't be hard would it.

Edited by pillred
Spelling

12 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yep- I'll crack on and keep you updated until such time as you respond to my perfectly reasonable  request.

So- as for consistence- yep, I pretty much have been about  Managers and the owner  on OTIB since day 1 on here - but,hey, the truth is out there so go take a good look at my record as opposed to making stuff up to worm your way out of a deeply awkward situation of your own making. Let me know when you uncover something but sadly I get a feeling you aren't that genuine and you'll do what most others have done when I call them out- go missing.

Yes, because it's definitely me who looks worse out of this rather odd exchange, and not the bloke who spends his Saturday night trawling through months' worth of my posts. Perfectly normal behaviour that.