IGNORED

Centre back taking corners

Danwal

4 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Water under the bridge I know but I’m still disappointed that City let Cundy go.  My understanding is that our contract offer to him was ‘derisory’ (not my word but the person who told me).  And by letting him go out of contract it denied Bath City a sell-on fee which for a club like a Bath City is a pretty big deal.  I’m not saying that Cundy is necessarily better than what we have, but I thought that back three of Cundy Klose Atkinson had a nice balance to it.  Oh well…

i obviously don't know the source and none of us know the details... I suppose the question is whether "derisory" from one perspective is "reflective of the post-COVID financial position" from another...

On 07/08/2022 at 19:16, Carey 6 said:

Really is mental on here after a defeat.
I’ve seen Naismith should be played in all sorts of positions, cause he’s not good enough at the one he played last season winning POTY for Luton in a year that ended with them in the play offs. And now people want him off of set pieces like it matters what position he plays. 

Didn’t Naismith take a lot of set pieces for Luton last year? Got 7 assists. 

Also, yes we have 2 wing backs/right backs on the bench, but Sykes looked very good there last week and deserved his place this week. His performance dipped so I think we’ll see Wilson or Tanner next weekend, that’s the way it should be. 

I think it’s understandable that, given there was a hope of something better this year, such a disappointing start has left people searching for solutions.  Pearson has been manager for a season and a half now, and to be fair we’ve had little to cheer in that time.  I don’t expect miracles, but I do hope that the team will at least achieve what they’re capable of, but an away defeat to one of last year’s poorest teams, and a home defeat to a team in League One last year isn’t what anyone expected.  I don’t much care what Naismith did last season.  It’s this season that matters.

4 hours ago, semblar said:

i obviously don't know the source and none of us know the details... I suppose the question is whether "derisory" from one perspective is "reflective of the post-COVID financial position" from another...

The person who told me knew the details…