IGNORED

Wednesdays game now being played at Burton Albion

GrahamC

On 05/08/2022 at 17:33, The Bard said:

That's playable isn't it?

Looks a bit shit but you can safely play football on it. Everyone on here who has played 11 a side has played on worse...

If the pitch is rutted and has cracks in it, which I believe it does, then it is not playable, it is dangerous.

Different to a boggy pitch or a pitch with more sand than grass which was the norm back in the day.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, MSN Red said:

If Coventry can’t fulfil the fixture would we get a bye to the next round?

I guess there are a few options. A bye, I think that happened in Covid times when teams couldn't fulfill the fixtures? A rearranged game,at Coventry which looks unlikely as pitches don't grow overnight and fixture congestion. Or perhaps a neutral venue or the game switched to AG, but that would surely be too soon for it to happen on Wednesday. 

57 minutes ago, MSN Red said:

If Coventry can’t fulfil the fixture would we get a bye to the next round?

Think they have 2 realistic options, play it on another ground (they’ve used both Northampton & Birmingham in the past) or give us a bye.

With midweek games next week there is no space to postpone & re-arrange.

53 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Not happy with Wasps are they?

Thing is they’re either ignoring or forgetting why wasps are there in the first place and it’s because of their owners.

Also it appears that the commonwealth games actually have exclusive access until the 14th and they agreed to end it early to accommodate Coventry, now I’m sure Coventry weren’t told a week ago ‘oh btw there’s going to be some rugby but it shouldn’t be a problem’ 

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think they have 2 realistic options, play it on another ground (they’ve used both Northampton & Birmingham in the past) or give us a bye.

Could we offer to host but at the training ground and stream it? 

3 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

No idea.

I’d guess they would prefer to get at least some match day income, even if it was a couple of thousand at St. Andrews.

44 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

My guess is it will be reversed to be played at AG, it will be delayed to when R2 is due to be played and whoever wins R2 game will be played the next free midweek as the 3rd round isn't for a while.

45 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

Thing is they’re either ignoring or forgetting why wasps are there in the first place and it’s because of their owners.

Also it appears that the commonwealth games actually have exclusive access until the 14th and they agreed to end it early to accommodate Coventry, now I’m sure Coventry weren’t told a week ago ‘oh btw there’s going to be some rugby but it shouldn’t be a problem’ 

Streaming isn’t the issue….the Carabao Cup tv rights are completely different, it won’t be televised wherever, apart from Sky Sports News goals updates and the itv highlights programme.

https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/about-the-carabao-cup/carabao-cup-rules--regulations/

305811AD-8B08-4940-BB01-DA58CE64ECD0.thumb.jpeg.131e2e9a1a3deee088d553ee51acfad9.jpeg

95620776-2DCB-4B52-96F6-6F3FA7A7704F.thumb.jpeg.5c54ac091f2ab3c639cbabefe068bf7a.jpeg

A bye is a possible outcome based on the league fixture list, as there is no free date between now and the start of round two.  Would seem late in the day to arrange a different venue too. Police usually need several days notice to cover a fixture.

Could be moved to a different venue and be behind closed doors, which would bypass having to get the police involved for crowd control.

Got to say, I feel for Coventry fans, they’ve been really messed around in recent years and despite that have a decent team and manager and then this happens.

It was supposed to be a new pitch but that hasn’t happened, goodness knows how it will survive a wet winter, if it ever rains again, with football and rugby played on it. 

10 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Could be moved to a different venue and be behind closed doors, which would bypass having to get the police involved for crowd control.

Got to say, I feel for Coventry fans, they’ve been really messed around in recent years and despite that have a decent team and manager and then this happens.

It was supposed to be a new pitch but that hasn’t happened, goodness knows how it will survive a wet winter, if it ever rains again, with football and rugby played on it. 

It could, but I wonder what our stance would be on this…not forgetting those that have paid for tickets, transport, etc.

It’s a bloody mess.

Hopefully we will get an update asap.

42 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Looking at that I’d say there is very little likelihood of the game taking place on that pitch, no way could it be made safe by Wednesday.

We’re looking at a postponement, or switch of venue to a third party or us.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It could, but I wonder what our stance would be on this…not forgetting those that have paid for tickets, transport, etc.

It’s a bloody mess.

Hopefully we will get an update asap.

Yes, much as I feel for their fans I think we’ll take a bye.

A bye would go straight into the top 10 best ever 1st round results ?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can’t see how Wednesday can be played , if not safe to play on today then unlikely to be ok for Wednesday ?

"We've been let down, there's no doubt about that, and the pitch has to be in better order - it has to be safe for people to play on and, at this moment, it's not.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

I don't see how the pitch can be fixed in time. Looks like it needs completely re-laying. But who would pay for that?

Depends who owns the pitch. Would have assumed the the football club have an agreement to play at the stadium on a fit for purpose pitch.

Imagine the stadium owners want to extract every penny from every blade of grass before spending any money.