IGNORED

Wednesdays game now being played at Burton Albion

GrahamC

I posted the Carabao Cup rules on another thread last night.  FWIW here are the screenshots of the relevant bits, but people can Google it as easily as I did.

0C7D217D-FF78-4F8D-8474-B0068BF6B03F.thumb.jpeg.a9252e55279c9c75fa6cea8041b3453b.jpeg
CC8F022E-A86E-4145-9D23-AA7D8CAA4F89.thumb.jpeg.2d8741c1a9ff05e2a5ba89a7c03d0876.jpeg

I think there is every chance we will get a bye, purely because that there seems little chance of the pitch being remedied, nor sorting out an acceptable alternative.

But we will see.

This shouldn’t be coming to attention as late as it did.  A mess.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I posted the Carabao Cup rules on another thread last night.  FWIW here are the screenshots of the relevant bits, but people can Google it as easily as I did.

0C7D217D-FF78-4F8D-8474-B0068BF6B03F.thumb.jpeg.a9252e55279c9c75fa6cea8041b3453b.jpeg
CC8F022E-A86E-4145-9D23-AA7D8CAA4F89.thumb.jpeg.2d8741c1a9ff05e2a5ba89a7c03d0876.jpeg

I think there is every chance we will get a bye, purely because that there seems little chance of the pitch being remedied, nor sorting out an acceptable alternative.

But we will see.

This shouldn’t be coming to attention as late as it did.  A mess.

Second round week commencing 22 nd August so no chance of a postponement (section 5.3) Neutral venue or bye.

3 hours ago, TomF said:

Can see them walking away from the Ricoh yet again. Seems a fairly toxic relationship with wasps 

It’s like when Rovers stole the Memorial Ground from Bristol Rugby. The relationship was terrible until SL came to the rescue. Unfortunately, with Coventry, the solution isn’t so obvious. There has been talk of them moving to a new ground but finance is going to be a problem  

51 minutes ago, RedM said:

Not in time for Wednesday. My guess is Coventry will forfit the tie or the tie will be played on the 2nd round date, probably at AG.

The rules say it has to be played before the 2nd round ties….the only slot available is this week because of league fixtures.

So it’s either a bye or played somewhere else, but not delayed.

Unless they bend the rules! ??‍♂️

• Like 1

The only way we could realistically host would be behind closed doors at the training ground given it has to be played this midweek as we’ve both got games next midweek and the week after it’s the second round and they’d need police approval and staff at short notice 

Coventry may well decide it’s not worth the hassle and forfeit 

Just now, Davefevs said:

The rules say it has to be played before the 2nd round ties….the only slot available is this week because of league fixtures.

So it’s either a bye or played somewhere else, but not delayed.

Unless they bend the rules! ??‍♂️

The other option they might look at is postponing the midweek league games the following week (Luton at home for us, Wigan at home for them), though obviously they then have to be fitted in somewhere.

13 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

The only way we could realistically host would be behind closed doors at the training ground given it has to be played this midweek as we’ve both got games next midweek and the week after it’s the second round and they’d need police approval and staff at short notice 

Coventry may well decide it’s not worth the hassle and forfeit 

Has to be a neutral venue...

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

How is that unsafe...?! 

It's just a bit bare of grass. 

FFS - it's only 10-15 years ago that even top flight games were played on far worse than that, week in, week out - even at the biggest clubs. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

How is that unsafe...?! 

It's just a bit bare of grass. 

FFS - it's only 10-15 years ago that even top flight games were played on far worse than that, week in, week out - even at the biggest clubs. 

I don't think any clubs played on rutted pitches - at any level.

Its dangerous FFS.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

We know it doesn't look as bad as Derby's old Baseball Ground where the local paper ran a Spot the Grass competition, but things have moved on. 

What interests me though is the quote "The match official that inspected said he wouldn't have played a League Two game on it, let alone a Championship game" . If true he could get in trouble for that remark. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Typo alteration

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You would expect City to have made an announcement if the game was subject to an inspection, just to stop people booking travel.

You’re putting far too much faith in football clubs being able to plan/use common sense. I’m really not expecting to see us play Wednesday.

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

just get on and play it, we can blame the pitch if we lose.

it would stump lj though,where would he measure it??

He’d build sand castles and get Holden to look for the attacking POMO round his moat  

• Haha 1