IGNORED

Wednesdays game now being played at Burton Albion

GrahamC

12 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

You would expect City to have made an announcement if the game was subject to an inspection, just to stop people booking travel.

They can’t do that until Coventry tell them whether there is one or not, can they?

2 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

just get on and play it, we can blame the pitch if we lose.

it would stump lj though,where would he measure it??

Look forward to OTIB afterwards if we then lost 2 players to long term injuries as a result of it going ahead..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Tickets have been taken off sale. As far as I’m aware it’s going to be played at a neutral venue with only people who have pre purchased tickets allowed entry, not totally sure where though

FFS, I was holding off buying them given the uncertainty - now I may not be able to go.  Absolute shambles. (Not City's fault though - but possibly!)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cheese said:

FFS, I was holding off buying them given the uncertainty - now I may not be able to go.  Absolute shambles. (Not City's fault though - but possibly!)

Don’t take my word for it yet!

As far as I’m aware stuff will be announced this morning, but the club are keeping the details very quiet

14 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

We know it doesn't look as bad as Derby's old Baseball Ground where the local paper ran a Spot the Grass competition, but things have moved on. 

What interests me though is the quote "The match official that inspected said he wouldn't have played a League Two game on it, let alone a Championship game" . If true he could get in trouble for that remark. 

What difference does the level make? It's either playable/safe or it's not? 

24 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Tickets have been taken off sale. As far as I’m aware it’s going to be played at a neutral venue with only people who have pre purchased tickets allowed entry, not totally sure where though

Surely Forest Green Rovers is the obvious place to play the neutral venue.

Or Cinderford... ?

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Birmingham  probably.  Closest to Coventry.  They played there before.  Birmingham need the money.

Still have huge problems with parts of the ground closed though, don’t they?

Appreciate it might not be an issue for a league cup tie though.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

As far as I’m aware it’s going to be played at a neutral venue

I wonder how feasible it is to move a fixture at such short notice? 

The logistics of moving staff, stewards etc, then policing and travel arrangements makes it nigh on impossible I would have thought 

30 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Where did the neutral venue information you heard about come from?

A friend of a friend who works at the club. Sounds very vague I know but I have no reason to doubt it. Looking at the state of Covs pitch I’d be very surprised if it went ahead there, so a neutral venue makes sense, even if it would be a logistical nightmare I’d imagine 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Birmingham  probably.  Closest to Coventry.  They played there before.  Birmingham need the money.

Looks like you’re right.

Rumour on their fans’ forum is they are moving there for the next 6 weeks to give Wasps the time sort the pitch out.

What an effing mess.

21 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Wasps are in the shit financially, there's a chance Coventry could reclaim ownership of the ground for not very much of an outlay.

I'm not sure they have ever owned the stadium. I've always understood it when built, it was owned by Coventry Council who later sold it to a non football company.

Do Wasps own it? I'm also not sure they do.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm not sure they have ever owned the stadium. I've always understood it when built, it was owned by Coventry Council who later sold it to a non football company.

Do Wasps own it? I'm also not sure they do.

Yes Wasps own the Coventry Building Society Arena 

Could be interesting getting on the Coach, like one of those mystery tours the Saga Louts go on.

I remember some old friends of the family who were holidaying in Bournemouth, jumped on one of those one day in the week. They nattered away as you do, and then things started to get familiar and they found themselves back in Bristol. :) They had a laugh about it, went to a little cafe they knew and then got taken back to Bournemouth. 

Imagine getting on the Coach not knowing the neutral venue and finding yourself up the Mem. ?

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Could be interesting getting on the Coach, like one of those mystery tours the Saga Louts go on.

I remember some old friends of the family who were holidaying in Bournemouth, jumped on one of those one day in the week. They nattered away as you do, and then things started to get familiar and they found themselves back in Bristol. :) They had a laugh about it, went to a little cafe they knew and then got taken back to Bournemouth. 

Imagine getting on the Coach not knowing the neutral venue and finding yourself up the Mem. ?

Even mystery tours have some sort of hygiene standards!!!

• Haha 1