IGNORED

Wednesdays game now being played at Burton Albion

GrahamC

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

And is now being played in the Northern half of the draw? Surely we should have hosted the game instead?

Exactly what I was thinking. Cup round one is split north/south so surely the neutral venue has to be in the southern section? Can’t expect fans to go the extra distance in midweek league cup which is part of the reason for regionalisation 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Cup round one is split north/south so surely the neutral venue has to be in the southern section? Can’t expect fans to go the extra distance in midweek league cup which is part of the reason for regionalisation 

Exactly. Based on our form, definitely going South.

"Carabao Cup rules stipulate that if the hosting team cannot fulfil the fixture at their home ground, a neutral venue must be found in the first instance before looking at reversing the fixture.

All 366 purchased tickets remain valid for the round one clash with travelling supporters able to be accommodated within the seated area at the new venue.

Tickets have been taken off sale and if supporters wish to apply for a refund, they can do by contacting Supporter Services via email or by phone - 0117 963 0600.

Coach tickets continue to be valid with departure from the Winterstoke car-park as originally scheduled at 3.30pm and parking on site is permitted."

30 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

It does seem to be a decision taken which puts the interests of Coventry above ours - it's their fault# but we have to travel an extra hour each way.

# Actually Wasps fault who committed to relay the pitch before the Commonwealth Games but didn't presumably due to financial difficulty, but ultimately it's up to Coventry to make arrangements to ensure matches take place according to EFL rules. 

I had a limited window around work to make it to Coventry and back in the same night. A move to Birmingham would have been okay. Burton is more or less out of the question now.

I realise they are unconnected but it must be a first that a club's fans has significant complications to their travel on not 1, not 2 but 3 consecutive away fixtures to start the season.

Given Rotherham (the Ricoh's other victims) was just postponed, and they were at home last week and next, we can lay claim to being the most inconvenienced fans in the country. 

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

I had a limited window around work to make it to Coventry and back in the same night. A move to Birmingham would have been okay. Burton is more or less out of the question now.

I realise they are unconnected but it must be a first that a club's fans has significant complications to their travel on not 1, not 2 but 3 consecutive away fixtures to start the season.

Given Rotherham (the Ricoh's other victims) was just postponed, and they were at home last week and next, we can lay claim to being the most inconvenienced fans in the country. 

There is an option of getting the train back to London from Burton changing either at Tamworth or Birmingham but not getting back to Euston until around 0100

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, East Londoner said:

There is an option of getting the train back to London from Burton changing either at Tamworth or Birmingham but not getting back to Euston until around 0100

Good spot - my rule of thumb is that Burton is Derby and I can never get back from Derby midweek.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

That is ******* abysmal. Adds on another two hours to the trip. 

More than happy to moan about the club when necessary but I doubt we have had any say here at all.

Coventry have had to find a club willing to host this who don’t have a home game midweek & I doubt there were too many offers.

There is a full programme of games in midweek next week & so Coventry’s options seem to have been give us a bye (which they would have done anything to avoid) or this.

Interesting to see what they do next week, when they are due to be home again.

7 minutes ago, Olé said:

Good spot - my rule of thumb is that Burton is Derby and I can never get back from Derby midweek.

Bear in mind its a cup game of course, not sure what the format is, ET and pens or straight to pens. Could make a difference to those who have connections to make

16 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Appreciate its 45 mins Coventry to Burton, but that doesn't mean it adds 45 mins to a (road) journey from Bristol. According to Mr Google, it adds about 20 minutes. So not really the end of the world. I know trains are different issue.

20 minutes. Are you sure??

Are you driving a magic flying car? 

32 minutes ago, Harry said:

20 minutes. Are you sure??

Are you driving a magic flying car? 

20 minutes longer on Google maps for me which probably equates to about 18 minutes in the real world for me.

35-40 minutes longer round trip if driving from Bristol area.

Edited by kit
Doubled text
  • Like 1